Google

3,094 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Android Support Level III - Global Contact Center Interview

Android Support Level III - Global Contact Center

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was not given an offer and this is not a surprise to me as I have 15 years of support experience but only a few years with Android, it would not surprise me if they wanted someone with a few more years of android support on their belt for a level 3 support position.

My recruiter was awesome, very helpful and did tell me up front to be a go getter and to have positive energy for the onsite interview and I appreciate that. I was not worried about that as I am a very positive person to the point where I usually make people around me feel good because I am very laid back and have positive energy.

Now maybe it was the long drive to Mountain View or it was the hamburger i just had for lunch before i went in but it was hard for me to be physically exited when I walked into the interview. Instead I was calm and collective and ready for anything they where going to through at me. I did voice my excitement to be there but that was not enough for the two interviewers that I was interviewing with. They seemed to be two very nice guys but it seemed to me like they themselves where very scattered and nervous or maybe they where just too stressed out and overworked. Right from the beginning they could not figure out which conference room to take for the interview, something that should have obviously been worked out before hand. They seated me in one conference room and then moved me to another one.

Right off the bat that made everything awkward and the two interviewers radiated nervous energy. They mistook my calm and collective energy for nervousness almost like a deflection because they where really the ones making it awkward with their nervous energy. At that point one of them spent way too much time and energy trying to make me comfortable and even wanted me to list 6 things that where making me nervous on a white board which I could not give him anything because I really was not nervous at all. Then he suggested I put my feet up on the chair next to me to make me more comfortable which made me more uncomfortable. I respected what he was trying to do but he was trying too hard to make me comfortable, when I was already calm and collected.

I don't know if this is standard procedure for all Google interviews or if this is just my experience with these two interviewers but it was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable interviews I have ever been too. As I have been typing this I come to realize that maybe they where not nervous they where just too stressed and overworked which would fit some reviews I have been reading recently about working at Google. It would appear that the over-hyped benefits that everyone raves about at Google are distractions to suck you into a work environment where you are worked to death and have no life outside of work. Google is a trap to make you work like a slave, a slave into their own work agenda where you are just another worker bee spitting out productivity and numbers.

In the end I would like to thank the two interviewers for steering me away from this job as working for Google would destroy my life and individuality and just make me another slave. I am a very outspoken individual and this experience will be shared with others so that they will be better informed on what they are getting into.

Interview Question – Wanted me to list 6 things that where making me nervous on a white board.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was refered by my friend who works at Google and had one phone interview with HR so far. It lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked about details of each of my previous jobs and my University education. I had to describe a project I have completed previously which was relevant to the job position.

Interview Question – Standard HR screening   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Legal Counsel

I applied through other source and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Interview was very casual, based on contacts from working opposite each other on a transaction. I was negotiating against Google and was later invited to speak to Google about working there by the lead Google attorney on the transaction. When i was next in Palo Alto we met briefly at the Googleplex and then went to lunch in Palo Alto.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly tricky or unexpected, perhaps because the I was being recruited by the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At the time, the position available was not sufficiently senior.

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I interviewed with three different people. It seemed a little uncoordinated considering they asked similar questions if not the same. The worst part is I could't tell how I did. The three people seemed very animated, however I was extremely nervous.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was: Teach me something?   Answer Question

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Entry Level Programmer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Google recruiter on LinkedIn. He got me in touch with another recruiter who was more suited to my level of experience. The recruiter explained everything to me. The only part I can attest to is the technical interview though.

I had a phone interview with a Software Engineer from Google. We were both on the same Google Doc where he pasted a problem. I was allowed to answer it in any language I was comfortable with (the Software Engineer assigned to interview me knew all the languages I had claimed to be experienced with).

It was my first interview of this kind ever. I cracked under pressure. I gave a correct answer, but it took time and it was definitely not the best answer. The recruiter called me a week later and told me to keep working on my skills and knowledge and try again in a year or two.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything surprising. Be ready to analyze the time and space (especially time) complexity of your answer.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter before graduation. Had a phone interview which went well and was then brought on site. I regret that this was my first on-site interview, and I wasn't as prepared as I needed to be. The technical questions were very hard - harder than the other companies I've subsequently interviewed at - and I wasn't able to give satisfactory answers to several.

Interview Question – The technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Google's career website, and got a reply the next day. Scheduled a first-round phone interview, passed it. Failed in the second-round phone interview. Questions were mostly object oriented programming questions. You have to provide the best algorithm for solving the problems in a few minutes.

Interview Question – Asked to solve a variety of technical questions, such as how to find the missing number from a list of n that you know only one is missing, in an efficient approach.   View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had my interview in late 2012. The first round was a 45 minutes phone interview. Then I was brought onsite to meet 5 interviewers. The questions consist of whiteboard coding, algorithms and design questions. The interviewers are all nice and professional. Some people care about bug-free coding. Got my offer about one week later.

Interview Question – some algorithm questions can be very hard, due to NDA I won't be able to share.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had offers from other companies (fb). Google beat their offers.

Very Difficult Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, waited several weeks, passed a technical phone screen, waited several weeks, had an on-site interview with 5 technical sessions and an informal lunch in the cafeteria. After another week I was called with my results. Interviews ranged from a thought provoking discussion of "What features and issues would you watch for if you implemented [a given mobile app]?" to processing streams of ints and traversing tree structures efficiently.

Interview Question – Describe how you would design a fully automated continuous build/test/configure/deploy system for arbitrary applications and software packages. Feel free to dive into any piece of this problem that is of interest to you.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Compensation Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with the typical google type questions. It was what you would expect from google. The recruiter on the phone answered all questions. The process went smoothly and the interview lasted about one half hour.

Interview Question – How many chairs are in the google headquarters.   View Answer