Google Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.5

Costumer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I send an Application and after they contact me for a phone interview. She was very nice and with a understandable English. Fistful she asked me about my education and experience and after she propose me some work situation.

Intrusion Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was average but was in-depth. Very well structured Interview, Basic Networking and Security Questions. Applied 6 months ago, HR emailed me for first round of interview. They said feedback was positive but certain criteria didn't match.

Interview Questions

• Unable to reveal the questions, but basic networking and security understanding will suffice.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First you have a phone screening. Basic questions about your resume. If you are lucky then you are invited for a face to face interview. Al people in the team that you are going to work with are involved and you must reach consensus in order to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Think of a dream business/startup you would like to do and design a business plan to run the company.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, HR then contacted me directly, scheduled a phone interview and then went to onsite interview day (5 interviews). The whole experience was great everyone was very friendly, they provided a training session on how to approach questions through a hangout. When I had a family bereavement they rescheduled the interview, and they were happy to accommodate my schedule even when it meant a long delay in between interviews.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruter, had 2 phone screen's and 5 on-site interviews on Networking, Linux administration, high level design, coding/scripting and troubleshooting. Usually this was the basic stuff but drilled to the ground with how's and why's and what to do if there is a lot of data.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Scheduled a video interview on Hangout. Simple stuff nothing technical, just want to make sure youre confident and can communicate well. Still waiting for a confirmed date for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what kind of software i was interested in developing.   Answer Question

Online Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted for this position by an external recruiter who was able to arrange a first face to face interview within a week. The interview lasted about an hour and was quite intense, not unfairly difficult though. The interviewer seemed to know what they were looking for and was very friendly. After this interview my recruiter told me that we would arrange the second interview within a week. Unfortunately that didn't happen because Google weren't able to schedule anything. After 6 weeks of waiting Google said that they were no longer hiring for this position as they actually didn't have the budget they thought they had. A month later I was contacted by the same recruiter again, telling me that Google are now recruiting for a similar position which they definitely have the budget for and that they specifically asked for me. The first interview was by phone and quite standard. The second interview was at their office with one merchandiser and later a video conference with a more senior employee in the US. All interviewers were very friendly, except for the person in the US who seemed to be annoyed to have to talk to me. Two weeks later I received a call from my recruiter telling me that they really liked me, but that they thought I might be better off in a merchandiser position in a different team which is why they wanted to interview me again. Since by then I had received an offer from another company, I withdrew my application since Google didn't show any commitment at all and somehow seemed to want to interview me over and over again instead of either making an offer or declining my application. I am quite angry about this since I spent a lot of time preparing interviews and speaking to different people. I don't think it's good manners to keep someone in an interview loop for over 3 months and and note make a decision.

Client Support ( Adwords) Global Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I have applied on their official website and have been contacted one week later by a human resources representative. After a few days, they transferred me to some other recruiter, to whom I needed to send my motivation by email. After that, I have been interviewed by phone, also by her and been asked normal motivational questions: why I am good for the role, previous experience, etc. She has been extremely professional and polite, helping me with any question I might have had. I have then passed an interview with a member of the team, which went out pretty well, but they were a little scared that my technical skills would not be sufficient for the role. Still, they invited me to apply again for another position which might suit me better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your previous job experiences. The main qualities one should have in order to do this job properly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Whole interview process was quite interesting. Interviewers were very kind, asked few technical questions and few algorithmic tasks. There are only 45 minutes per interview allocated, so you need to be quick as possible. Interviews starts at 10, 3 before lunch and 2 after. Honestly after lunch my brain was a little bit slowed.

Interview Questions

• Cannot tell due to NDA. In general algorithmic questions, nothing super special. After completing initial problem usually they asking to resolve much difficult task.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone screening, one 45 minute technical phone interview (using a Google Doc to code). After a recruiter talks to you and explains the whole process he will ask you how long you would like to prepare for your technical interview (most people taking 2-4 weeks for the phone interview, and the same again for the in person technical interviews that would follow). I recommend using a headset or skype for your phone interview so your hands are free to type within the google doc.

Interview Questions

• Based on String manipulation (not meant to reveal the specific questions as requested by Google). I spend a lot of time revising tree's and search/sorting algorithms, but tripped up on some relatively straight forward String manipulation questions. I have time for 1 and a half questions, the first one being simple and the second requiring a new solution to a more complex version of the same problem. The interviewer was fairly friendly and they will hint at you when you make mistakes, and look at how you go through to error check your code. In general this was a really nice interview process even though I messed up my question. My main advice would be to do a lot of practise on coding without an IDE, and problem solving questions. The recruiter within google will send you a bunch of great revision materials, and using this is definitely more than enough to be prepared.   Answer Question