Google

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied online and heard back within a few days from a recruiter. Initial HR phone screening lasted about 20mins. Had a follow up 45 min phone conversation with someone from the team and then went on-site to meet with the hiring manager for another 45 mins. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly nice and positive. Ultimately, I was told the team was going through re-org and that they would not have any updates for several weeks. I was informed at the beginning of the process by HR that it would take about 4-6 weeks, however be prepared to take longer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you increase duration of YouTube views on mobile devices? What's your favorite marketing campaign? How would you change YouTube to better resonate with its targeted demographic?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google in August 2011.

Ridiculous. Too much emphasis on school/GPA and not as much on actual experience and aptitude. They want to make sure you are well in-tune with all Google products, so be very knowledgeable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

I pursued Google opportunities through veteran recruiting at a top 3 MBA school in the Northeast. Of the 20 companies I have interacted with during recruiting, Google was easily the most UNPROFESSIONAL.
    -Made appointments and commitments that were not kept. No-shows for meetings leaves a terrible impression.
    -Left several messages as requested but without response. Occasionally I would get a voicemail with an excuse and a new appointment time, which veteran MBA recruiter would then miss.
    -Team sent a representative as a last-minute fill-in for the main veteran recruiter who didn't know what positions were available. Time consuming planning, not helpful.
    -Recruiter invited me to campus. I left messages to coordinate, traveled cross country, heard nothing back, then got a voicemail a few days after I came back home. Offensively bad organization. Check your calendar buddy. And your messages. ANY of them.
    -I did get a rejection email from Google months later for a position I'd never heard of or had applied . I sent that one around other HR contacts I had who were concerned but had no explanations.

WORST MBA RECRUITING TEAM

Interview Questions
    • What time are you available to talk? (useless question - veteran MBA recruiter would be a no-show time and time again)   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv (Israel)

interviewed at Google in February 2013.

Began with a phone inerview about myself, some AdWords questions, then some analytical questions like "How many tires are being sold in Israel in one year" and so on.. They just wanted to listen to how I'd analyze it. They than invited me for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by 2 different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self until I tell you to stop (Took 15 minutes)   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in May 2012.

i don't know anying about this, just talked on phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us someing bad about yourself or that you could improve.   View Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2009.

I interviewed both with a local HR person and an overseas recruiter. Standard phone screen. Asked about previous experiences, GPA and salary expectations. Went to second round of interview. Another overseas person, but a peer. All people were very nice and interviews went well. They gave feedback on why I was not going further with process, a rarity. Overall good experience.