Google Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.5

IT - Desktop Support, Genius Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews, 2 rounds of in-person interviews with a multi-person recruiting team, followed by 3 rounds of one-on-one interviews, the last interview basically being the offer itself.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my knowledge of laptop OS, software and hardware for Windows, (Ubuntu) Linux, and Mac OS X.   Answer Question

Partner Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Quick turnaround time from HR. Hiring process is streamlined. He was good about describing the role. They were also good about providing feedback and encouraging to look at other possible openings at Google when the current position I was interviewing for did not work out.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain how I would close a sales deal given a case study.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1 hour phone interview, begin with general introduction, followed by some technique questions, and the last 5 minute is Q and A section. The interviewer was quite patient and nice, gave a lot of hint

Interview Questions

• simple statistics, uniform distribution, sample size calculation   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After phone screens I came on-site. There were 5 interviews. They are more focused on an obsession with basic computer science and trivia of Linux than system administration. Make sure you review the basic Linux commands and options (even though no matter where you work they are right at your fingertips, anyway..). I'd also have to say that the percentage of people working here who are socially maladjusted seemed quite high -- for example at lunch they sit down, knowing I'm a candidate but don't introduce themselves. Nice. There are some hard-core nerds, I'm pretty good at spotting them. How is it like to work with these people? Are some of these guys borderline Aspergers syndrome cases? Yeah probably, hah hah hah.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview: ask you questions about what you think about basic things. Pretty much seemed like a phone screening to make sure you're nota crazy person.
    2nd interview: technical questions about Networking

Interview Questions

• (1) due to financial constraints, must use different switch/router vendors. How do you manage all the different languages you use between vendor x and vendor y?   Answer Question
    • (2) If you wanted to validate that ACLs are applied correctly - how would you go about doing this?   Answer Question
    • (3) What is the difference between an SNMP Poll vs an SNMP Trap? Which protocol and ports does each use?   Answer Question
    • (4) The traceroute command behaves differently on different platforms, select a platform, and explain how it works.   Answer Question
    • (5) An OSPF point to point adjacency is not coming up, what are the possible things that could be causing this?   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person on site, and final phone interview. On site was three rounds, 30 minutes each. Met with 6 people for the on-site interview and with one person for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you held an unpopular opinion   Answer Question

Offer Letter Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went through a series of phone interviews, then was invited out to the campus to meet the team. After that, I was narrowed down to the final batch candidates and they reached out to my references. Overall, the process felt very stress free, and even though I wasn't offered the job, they were extremely complimentary and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with the decision of a supervisor. What did you do?   Answer Question

Power Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. At first I spoke to a person on the phone for 30 minutes. He was very unfriendly so I immediately felt I did not want the job if I had to work with him. Next I met a second person at Google for about 60 minutes. The guy was really friendly and polite. Finally, I talked to another person on the phone for 30 minutes. He was a very rude manager, insistent and totally unfriendly. At that point I knew I didn't want the job and I would have refused an offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• How do you power up a device?   1 Answer

Analytics Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a referral from a current Google employee. A recruiter contacted me by email to let me know that my application was being reviewed by the broader hiring team. An initial phone interview was conducted about 1 month after my application, after which I was invited down for 4 on-site interviews (1-on-1), plus lunch with a team member. I was informed of the decision about 2 weeks after the on-site interviews. Total time from application to decision was about 2.5 months. I worked primarily with a single recruiter throughout, who gave me feedback (upon request) after the decision.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview consisted mostly of foundational/conceptual questions - basic concepts in program management and statistical analysis. On-site interviews had a mix of application questions and conceptual questions. Be sure to review core technical concepts, and don't be afraid to ask questions.   Answer Question

Staffing and Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Very quick and transparent process. You have a phone screening with the recruiter, then you submit your case study, then phone interview with team member. Finally onsite interview. They ask you very analytical questions, nothing too behavioral. Ask about experiences that apply to a strategic way of thinking and how you have used skills to make improvements in the past.

Interview Questions

• Time I used my skills in the past.   1 Answer