Google Platform Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Posted resume at their website and about a week later was contacted for an initial phone interview. Was impressed by the recruiters facilitating the interview process and follow up. The interviewer seemed new at interviewing, but was pleasant and asked standard questions. Overall, the interview seemed to go "ok", but later through subsequent conversations with the recruiter it became clear that I was not a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of memory cards, determine whether they will work (and how well) on a given platform.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Platforms Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Google in December 2009.

Interview

I received an e-mail from a recruiter. One of the employees referred me for summer internship. In the e-mail, it says that I should review algorithms/coding etc.. So, I reviewed basic algorithms for a day. I had 2 phone interviews with the engineers. They were on the same day, 45 minutes each. They were highly technical. No algorithms/coding questions at all.
    All the reviews I read was mentioning those kind of questions, however they didn't ask me that kind of questions.Instead, they asked questions like " how do you calculate the power of a server?", "what is OS?", "what is scheduling?".. etc. It was hard, and I couldn't do well.

Interview Questions