Google

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Platform Engineer Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2012.

Interview Details – Posted resume at their website and about a week later was contacted for an initial phone interview. Was impressed by the recruiters facilitating the interview process and follow up. The interviewer seemed new at interviewing, but was pleasant and asked standard questions. Overall, the interview seemed to go "ok", but later through subsequent conversations with the recruiter it became clear that I was not a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – Given a set of memory cards, determine whether they will work (and how well) on a given platform.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Platforms Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in December 2009.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail from a recruiter. One of the employees referred me for summer internship. In the e-mail, it says that I should review algorithms/coding etc.. So, I reviewed basic algorithms for a day. I had 2 phone interviews with the engineers. They were on the same day, 45 minutes each. They were highly technical. No algorithms/coding questions at all.
All the reviews I read was mentioning those kind of questions, however they didn't ask me that kind of questions.Instead, they asked questions like " how do you calculate the power of a server?", "what is OS?", "what is scheduling?".. etc. It was hard, and I couldn't do well.

Interview Question – Explain scheduling in OS   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Platform Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.