Google

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in June 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone screen. He couldn't tell me much about the position. Two Hangouts followed. They were long on analytical, "let's see how you think" questions and short on details about the position.

Preparation should include a thorough understanding of how Google makes money and how scammers abuse its products.

Interview Question – How would you mitigate fraud on Google Wallet?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Currently in interview process.

First contacted by recruiter for initial screening, about 20 min, general questions about experience and interests. Next contacted by recruiter for secondary screening, about 1 hour. Next two interviews, one phone one VC. Three on site interviews. Role related questions, hypothetical scenarios, personal experience questions, questions about future plans and goals, etc.

Interview Question – Market sizing questions.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in December 2013.

Interview Details – Great experience. I was initially contacted by a HR for this position. There was a brief interview where I was asked about Google products and how to commit fraud on them. Next round was with a Product Quality Analyst. Here I was asked more questions on my favorite Google products and how to commit fraud, or increase security.
Last round was an onsite interview at Google campus. Here I was asked more on:
1. Google products - Know all of them. Egs: Improve search in Youtube.
2. Fraud on Google products and how to combat them.
3. Fully explain your work.

Interview Question – Know Google products thoroughly.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in December 2012.

Interview Details – My process was triggered by a LinkedIn message from a Google sourcer. For all interviews, feedback was received within one business day.

Phone interview 1 - Recruiter phone screen asking about leadership and analytical cases like how to systematically increases revenue or find the signals that would best solve a problem.

Phone interview 2 - Secondary recruiter phone screen also focusing on analytical experiences and specific case questions for Google Adwords like flagged ads. .

Phone interview 3 - Phone screen with member of PQO basically seeing how you could commit fraud using a Google product yourself and prevent it

On site interviews - I had 3 on site interviews in the Mountain View office that were performed by PQO managers. The interviews all asked a lot of questions and ranged from behavioral questions to business case questions. The behavioral ones focused on handling difficult scenarios like when a coworker disagrees with you. There are a flurry of questions that are simply no way to prepare for and just see how you think. Know how to explain your job to a child.

Video chat - Chat with a director in PQO about your longer term career goals and working with someone who is not motivated.

After the interviews are complete, you have to go through the arduous packet round (take approximately 1 month) where you gather all of the information from your life like transcripts, recommendations and scholarships.

Interview Question – Summarize your life philosophy in one phrase   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer from Facebook that better matched my interests, seemed to have more passionate and talented people and was far better compensated as a Product Analyst.

Mountain View, CA

I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty fast. Three interviews over phone before going onsite. First was a screening interview, about my background, what my abilities are, etc. Then, second round was with HR manager, who asked me about some behavioral questions (what' challenges have I overcome, etc.) Third round was with someone in PQO team, he asked me a bit more technical, case study questions (what would you do to improve any products from Google, etc.)

Interview Question – What product would you use to steal data from Google?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on company website, got a call from their HR manager on the same day. The lady was a great help to me, explained everything, gave good advice and called me several times during the process. First interview - 45 minutes on the phone with HR, by the end of the interview she told me that I passed it. Second interview on the phone - with one of the team members, took around 40 minutes as well, checked basic SQL skills, analytical skills. The next day I got a call from HR saying that I passed that round. Third interview on Google Hangouts - with team leader, took 45 minutes, analytical skills check. After 4 days got an e-mail saying that the process is over for me.

Interview Question – Question in general: your motivation to join the team, the most relevant experience, why Google? SQL query to get the earliest flight from A to B. Where would you open a new Google office? What is the number of students doing Master's program who are using Google at 2 pm on Monday in your university? How will the internet coverage of the world change by the end of next year? How do you detect spam in Youtube? Would you accept alcohol ad to Google Ads? How do you make more money online if you are given 25000$?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – There's an initial screening, after which there are a couple of phone interviews. After that there are 3 On site interviews. The questions are mostly based on the google products. So, if you have a good understanding of all the products then you stand a good chance. Also, the interviewers look for creative and out of the box thinking.

Interview Question – Talk about a problem you faced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Google in August 2013.

Interview Details – Basically through phone, it comprises of 2 telephonic rounds after which a video conferencing round was conducted. The questions started from going through my resume and then slowly towards more in-depth knowledge about the position. Basically they put forward cases to me and in which way i would work it out. Good knowledge about all the google products,, its pros and cons would be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – Was contacted by google recruiter via linkedin and send my CV.
After 2 weeks i was invited to a telefone interview. It lasted about 15 min.
Very friendly recruiter but a little hard to understand on the phone.
Questions:
What do you think this postion includes?
What kind of spam do you think you will find?
How could you identify spam?
-> mostly questions about the role at google, not so much about me or my background.

Interview Question – How would you identify spam?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the application via the online job portal. Contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks. 1 phone interview followed by 2 face to face interviews and 2 VC interviews. General questions. Some tricky questions. Make sure you understand about other Google products.

Interview Question – If you have to design a new handphone for your country's market, what functions would it have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate since I am a fresh graduate

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!