Google Programmer Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Programmer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2009.

phone interview first, and then on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • I forgot. answered most of the questions. but they required exact coding correctness.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Programmer Interview

I received an initial phone call from Google. They were interested in acquiring my product and integrating it into Google. We had a few initial emails followed by a phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They wanted to find out more about me and my company.   View Answer

Programmer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2013.

Had an phone interview with a woman, just normal HR question. What's the biggest challenge you've face? How did you solve it? What's the different between linkedlist and array?

Interview Questions
    • How would you test the success of the feature you discussed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

I met with the hiring manager, a nice guy. We discussed programming and my history as a programmer, including my capabilities. It was pleasant and cordial and I thought I would get the position. There are many great programmers out there so you can imagine how competitive it is to get a spot at google. I went through two interviews and I received a call the next week and was informed I wasn't getting the position

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in February 2009.

two rounds of phone interviews, and another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the top k items from n distributed servers, with min network communication, but computation local at servers is ok   View Answer

Programmer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Google in November 2009.

I first passed a phone screen, asking various general questions about myself, where I wanted to go, why I wanted to work for Google, etc. Then I had 3 separate technical phone interviews, that lasted about an hour each. They asked me computer science questions, that went from a high level design, down to the specific implementation of an algorithm. Some were questions that were very conceptual and algorithmic, and some were very focused on concrete design and coding ability.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement an MS Paint clone? What objects and methods would you need, how would they draw on the canvas, and what UI elements would be necessary?   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!