Google SWE Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2015

4.0

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Submitted resume online, got an email a few days later to set up two 45-minute technical interviews. Both interviewers asked questions about algorithms and data structures. After you give them an initial solution, they'll ask you to improve its running time or space requirements. The two phone interviews were back-to-back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied in 2011 and didn't make it; tried again this year and was accepted after another onsite round. I was treated very well at every stage in the process, and my recruiter did a fantastic job of keeping me informed of my status. I thought my previous failed attempt might hurt my chances, but apparently it didn't.

Interview Questions

• One interview was a design conversation with no coding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even after approval by the hiring committee, It takes a while for an application to get through the various executive checkpoints. The offer was excellent; there was no need to negotiate.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

HR contact and basic information check. then, after one month, two rounds technique interview online with Google docs writing code. Mainly Focus on basic algorithm and a design question but the design question is not hard.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of two rounds. First round were two phone interviews that lasted an hour each. I answered about 5 questions per person and things seemed fine. Then I was contacted by recruiter to set up a final round of interviews which was much easier.

SWE Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in January 2009.

Interview

Very intense, mostly nice people, only technical questions. Because of two bad interviewers (out of 6) I didn't get an offer. The first one asked me a very specific question and wouldn't settle for anything but the best solution even if the question was hard enough to (IMHO) require previous knowledge to be solved. The second was simply impossible to understand: we waisted all of our time trying to understand his wacky question.

Interview Questions

• Write perfect code to generate all possible permutations of a string w/o repetitions and only using constant memory.   6 Answers