Google Sales Interview Questions

3.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I submitted through Google website then got an email to set up an interview. The interview was through Google Hang-out and it was approx 45 minutes. It was fairly difficult and required a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Sales Interview

Interview

I had 1 call with the recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person meetings with 4 Sales Managers (or Head of Industry members). Overall, they asked mostly intuitive and logical questions that were relevant to the role. All questions that you would expect for a Sales role. No surprises there. There were a couple logic questions, but they were very logical and focused on the thought process. Again, most of these questions were very logical and relevant to the role so I thought they were very valid.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hard word worker? What do you think about debates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set up initial phone interview. Simple, basic questions like why do you want to work here. Followed up with a 1:1 interview with three team members, each being 30-minute interviews. They were nice and friendly, with the exception of one, who just seemed to be looking at her laptop the whole time without looking up. Pretty rude if you ask me. Overall though, good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview. Was asked questions about interests and potential for fit in the team.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

I met a mid-level manager at Google who was very kind and offered to forward my resume if I was interested in working at Google. I had never really thought about going to work there; obviously I had heard great things about the work environment, the quality of the work and the widespread ability to move horizontally across departments. So I forwarded my resume to that person and within two and half weeks I got contacted via email and set up my first interview. My first round was a phone interview: a simple sanity check and it lasted about 20 minutes. They asked basic questions about me and my interests, my past work experiences. The traditional: your strengths? weaknesses? a difficult work situation and how did you handle it? why do you want to work at google? At the end of the interview I was told what google products to brush up on and given an brief outline of what my next interview would entail. The Second Interview was again completed by phone. It took place a week and half later. We quickly went over my background again. -We then jumped into the range of products I would be marketing or selling. -I was given a case study on how I would quantify the number potential leads for this range of products. -I was then told to do a mock sale. With the interviewer being the owner of a small/medium business and myself trying to sell him or get him interested in the google product

Interview Questions

• If you had to change any of the featured products in product that you would be in charge of selling, what would those be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Google (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Process is hiring by committee. Interviewer was entirely focused on college achievements despite the fact that I'm a professional with over 10 years of experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contatacted by one of the recruiters there. Since Google wanted to fill the vacancy as fast as possible, the whole interview process was extreamly fast. During its 3 rounds, I have felt that they are really interested in their potential candidates. The first round of phone interview was much rather a friendly discussion than an actual interview. They wanted to check if there's a fit between me and the organisation. For the second round I needed to have a mock sales pitch, but they provided me with all the requred information and material so I had time for all the preparations. The last, on-site round was far the most interesting and tiring one. I had interviews with the team members of the division, all asking professional and cultural questions. Mostly, they were interested in my business history and all the most relevan cases that I've faced/proud of/biggest mistakes. There was a special focus on team-work and team dynamics.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I am really aware that this would mean I am on the phone most of the time.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2011.

Interview

3 Month process - consisted of a phone call first with a rep doing the job (this was to screen me). The recruiter gave me tips along the way which was quite helpful. then I had another call, successful there. I then had an onsite consisting of 3 interviewers wich lasted around 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How many HOT drinks do they sell in Dublin over the course of a day.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in August 2010.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule a time to speak. The recruiter called me on time and was friendly and professional throughout the process. The call was a standard phone screen that included basic questions (see below) about my background and a discussion about the position. Unfortunately, it turned out the role wasn't a great fit for what I was seeking. Sample Interview Questions: - Tell me about yourself. - What was your cumulative undergrad/grad GPA? - Describe your experience working on teams. - Why are you interested in this role? Why Google?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you took initiative?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Google in May 2010.

Interview

I had passed an initial phone screening with HR, and was scheduled for a 45-minute phone interview. Ten minutes after the phone interview was supposed to start, HR called me and told me there was a mix up, and that the manager had changed the profile on the job listing. Needless to say, I had already spent a good deal of time preparing for the interview only to get a late call telling me I no longer fit the profile. The timing could not have been worse: waiting until after my scheduled interview was supposed to start to let me know that they decided to cancel my interview was about as unprofessional as it can get. Get a clue, Google. Don't post job listings, schedule interviews with candidates, and then go change the requirements for the job.