Google

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I submitted through Google website then got an email to set up an interview. The interview was through Google Hang-out and it was approx 45 minutes. It was fairly difficult and required a lot of preparation.

Interview Question – What will you do to improve Google?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – I had 1 call with the recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person meetings with 4 Sales Managers (or Head of Industry members).

Overall, they asked mostly intuitive and logical questions that were relevant to the role. All questions that you would expect for a Sales role. No surprises there. There were a couple logic questions, but they were very logical and focused on the thought process. Again, most of these questions were very logical and relevant to the role so I thought they were very valid.

Interview Question – Are you a hard word worker?

What do you think about debates?
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2011.

Interview Details – I met a mid-level manager at Google who was very kind and offered to forward my resume if I was interested in working at Google. I had never really thought about going to work there; obviously I had heard great things about the work environment, the quality of the work and the widespread ability to move horizontally across departments. So I forwarded my resume to that person and within two and half weeks I got contacted via email and set up my first interview.

My first round was a phone interview: a simple sanity check and it lasted about 20 minutes. They asked basic questions about me and my interests, my past work experiences. The traditional:
your strengths?
 weaknesses?
 a difficult work situation and how did you handle it?
why do you want to work at google?

At the end of the interview I was told what google products to brush up on and given an brief outline of what my next interview would entail.

The Second Interview was again completed by phone. It took place a week and half later. We quickly went over my background again.
-We then jumped into the range of products I would be marketing or selling.
-I was given a case study on how I would quantify the number potential leads for this range of products.
-I was then told to do a mock sale. With the interviewer being the owner of a small/medium business and myself trying to sell him or get him interested in the google product

Interview Question – If you had to change any of the featured products in product that you would be in charge of selling, what would those be and why?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and set up initial phone interview. Simple, basic questions like why do you want to work here. Followed up with a 1:1 interview with three team members, each being 30-minute interviews. They were nice and friendly, with the exception of one, who just seemed to be looking at her laptop the whole time without looking up. Pretty rude if you ask me. Overall though, good experience.

Interview Question – How many manhole covers are there in California?   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward phone interview. Was asked questions about interests and potential for fit in the team.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Google?   Answer Question

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in December 2010.

Interview Details – Process is hiring by committee. Interviewer was entirely focused on college achievements despite the fact that I'm a professional with over 10 years of experience.

Interview Questions

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contatacted by one of the recruiters there. Since Google wanted to fill the vacancy as fast as possible, the whole interview process was extreamly fast.
During its 3 rounds, I have felt that they are really interested in their potential candidates.
The first round of phone interview was much rather a friendly discussion than an actual interview. They wanted to check if there's a fit between me and the organisation.
For the second round I needed to have a mock sales pitch, but they provided me with all the requred information and material so I had time for all the preparations.
The last, on-site round was far the most interesting and tiring one. I had interviews with the team members of the division, all asking professional and cultural questions. Mostly, they were interested in my business history and all the most relevan cases that I've faced/proud of/biggest mistakes. There was a special focus on team-work and team dynamics.

Interview Question – They asked if I am really aware that this would mean I am on the phone most of the time.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in September 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Month process - consisted of a phone call first with a rep doing the job (this was to screen me). The recruiter gave me tips along the way which was quite helpful. then I had another call, successful there. I then had an onsite consisting of 3 interviewers wich lasted around 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – How many HOT drinks do they sell in Dublin over the course of a day.   Answer Question

Sales

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in August 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule a time to speak. The recruiter called me on time and was friendly and professional throughout the process. The call was a standard phone screen that included basic questions (see below) about my background and a discussion about the position. Unfortunately, it turned out the role wasn't a great fit for what I was seeking.

Sample Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What was your cumulative undergrad/grad GPA?
- Describe your experience working on teams.
- Why are you interested in this role? Why Google?

Interview Question – Give me an example when you took initiative?   View Answer

Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Google in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had passed an initial phone screening with HR, and was scheduled for a 45-minute phone interview. Ten minutes after the phone interview was supposed to start, HR called me and told me there was a mix up, and that the manager had changed the profile on the job listing. Needless to say, I had already spent a good deal of time preparing for the interview only to get a late call telling me I no longer fit the profile. The timing could not have been worse: waiting until after my scheduled interview was supposed to start to let me know that they decided to cancel my interview was about as unprofessional as it can get.

Get a clue, Google. Don't post job listings, schedule interviews with candidates, and then go change the requirements for the job.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!