Google Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.5

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

This was for a position within Sales Finance. It was a very lengthy process. It took 2 weeks to get on the recruiter's schedule for a phone interview. After that phone screen, I had a phone interview with a Finance Manager, before I was invited to come in for in-person interviews. It took 3 weeks to schedule that, and due to a last-minute emergency on their end it was rescheduled an additional 3 weeks later. I met with 5 people over 4 hours, including lunch. The people that claimed to be meeting me "informally" still grilled me.

Interview Questions
  • The phone interviews:
    -Resume walkthrough
    -A story or two about things you did
    -Why Google
    -How does Google make money
    -What's your favorite Google product

In-person interview were focused on business cases related to their product/industry and stories about things I did/how I work:
    - How would you deal with salespeople
    - Do you like coding
    - Which of Google's advertising products (Search, Doubleclick, etc) are most advantageous for a company to use
    - Considerations to monetizing a new product
    - How would you build a new report for sales leaders, and what are the metrics you would use
    - Talk about a time you worked in an industry that was rapidly changing

I wasn't always on the same page with my interviewers, as I seemed to go down a path when they were looking for something else. I probably didn't get the offer because of this, but there wasn't much more I could do to prepare. I was coming from a different function/industry and this was a pretty junior position but they still expected more direct experience.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

HR was largely professional in setting up the phone screen and initial interview. Interview dates and times were clearly communicated.

The initial interview largely consisted of questions regarding Google's products, fit, data reduction, and market sizing. The interviewer was an economist.

I did not receive a second interview. There was a week and a half of radio silence until I reached out. No feedback was given. I found both to be unprofessional.

Interview Questions