Google

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2011.

Interview Details – After I submitted my resume through a Google employee, I received an email from an internal recruiter. They asked for two writing exercises, writing samples, and a list of documents I had worked on for the last 5 years. After my writing exercises and samples were reviewed by someone on the interview team, the internal recruiter scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview included a lot of behavioral or situational questions.

I worked with the same recruiter throughout the process and she was responsive when I asked about the status of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Google in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interested only your name college, your GPA and your age. No interest in applicant who had to work through school (affecting study time) or applicant who blossoms after graduation. No interest in applicant who is old. Hilarious thing is this: Quality of their documentation is weak and reveals these screening standards don't work. A lot of superior writers applied for this job, with the same results I had. Doing this kept us quite entertained (several writers applied just to toy with Google and to verify that the rest of us were correct), and Google missed out on snagging some excellent talent.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!