Google Senior Technical Writer Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2011.

After I submitted my resume through a Google employee, I received an email from an internal recruiter. They asked for two writing exercises, writing samples, and a list of documents I had worked on for the last 5 years. After my writing exercises and samples were reviewed by someone on the interview team, the internal recruiter scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview included a lot of behavioral or situational questions.

I worked with the same recruiter throughout the process and she was responsive when I asked about the status of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation in which the writing project did not go smoothly? How could you have improved it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Google in September 2009.

Interested only your name college, your GPA and your age. No interest in applicant who had to work through school (affecting study time) or applicant who blossoms after graduation. No interest in applicant who is old. Hilarious thing is this: Quality of their documentation is weak and reveals these screening standards don't work. A lot of superior writers applied for this job, with the same results I had. Doing this kept us quite entertained (several writers applied just to toy with Google and to verify that the rest of us were correct), and Google missed out on snagging some excellent talent.

Interview Questions