Google Interview Questions in Seoul

Updated Apr 29, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2015.

Interview

I Applied via web site. A recruiter contacted me after few days. He asked some questions and scheduled the phone screening interview. The question for the phone interview was not so hard, but I was so nervous thus I could not do pretty well. Another recruiter contacted me after two weeks. He notified I had passed the test and scheduled the onsite interview.

At the onsite interview, I had interviewed with five different engineers plus another one who I had lunch with. They were all polite and nice people. I felt that interview itself were not so bad, but recruiter hasn't call me back. This recruiter's behavior actually made me feel he is so rude. I know the recruiters are so busy and cannot reach to all candidates, but at least he should copy & paste "no" answer.

Interview Questions

• BST, strings, data structures, and system designs.. Some of interview questions are tricky, and some of them were not.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Referred by a Googler(former colleague)
    2. Recruiter contacted me via email
    3. Got some short chat with recruiter about the position, my back ground, and introduction to the interview

- About 1 weeks later

- About 1 week later

1. Interview at the Seoul office
    2. Interview continued
    3. Interview continued
    4. Interview continued (in this interview, I made a critical mistake)

- About 2 weeks later

1. I got a sorry & thank you mail from recruiter.

- The end

Interview Questions

• - Please design ( ) software like ( ) in Unix. How do you implement ( ) feature? (I answered well, but he asked me to enhance it)

- Some twisted programming quiz based on data structures & algorithms. I needed to use tree & BFS.

- String processing. I made a simple answer, but interviewer asked me to optimize it again & again until I got O(n).

Answer Question

Manager, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Google (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2011.

Interview

There were a total of 6 telephone interviews conducted, all in the Korean language. As Korean is not my primary language, it was difficult to convey my intended communication properly, but for this sales role, I learned it was essential to be fluent, as Korea is a very homogeneous nation.