Google Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a recruiter work with me throughout the process. She informed me of what I'd be doing at the job and the workplace life. I was then interviewed by an employee at the company. He was very nice, although he did make a slight blunder with my interview question. My interview was also over the phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, and got the phone interview. the interviewee asked a programming question about linked list, I have to write the code during the interview. I didn't see the question before, so the interviewee gave me some hints, I finished it but didn't have time to review.

Interview Questions

• interviewee is very nice, and did not have very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR first and then set up another phone call with another HR. Then they decided to take me to the onsite interview. Before the onsite, they gave me an opportunity to talk to an google engineer to give me some tips about the next step (which is really sweet and helpful, and made me feel that I am still lack of programming experience~ I need to study harder!) Haven't been to onsite yet, still wating to make appointment. So no offer right now.

Interview Questions

• Not much technical questions, basically talking about my school projects.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Difficult to secure an initial interview. Had to know someone in the company. Good interviewers, asked very challenging questions. Had to go through multiple rounds of interviews. Difficult to advance on to next rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone screening 1: Given an array, find all pairs that add to a given sum. Generalize on finding more than two elements that can add to the given sum. Questions on data structures operations complexity in relation to the data structures used for coding the solution to this problem (going from hashes/dictionaries then extrapolating to BSTs and red-black trees). Questions on my working experience. Phone screening 2: Generate a maze. Each cell can be a free space, a wall, a starting point or the end point. Tried an incremental solution by randomly choosing the type of cell as we progress through the maze. Managed to finish, but there was no time left for any questions. Obviously, my solution was not good enough. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process spanned the course of a few weeks. I was given the opportunity to prepare for the interview. There was a phone screening and a programming or algorithm interview. This was for the Google self-driving car project.

Interview Questions

• How to write an algorithm describing a statistical problem?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I choose C++ for interview. First question is about STL iterator. Second question is hash table as separate chaining

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary, just your typical interview with a couple simple questions/rpoblems

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

first round of telephone interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Google.

Interview

G recruiter called, I chatted with the recruiter and HR for quite a while, 2 phone screens later I was invited on-site. First person came in, there was 5 mins of chitchat, and then question was posed. The other 3 people were rather pleasant and tested general knowledge in field.

Interview Questions

• Find the length of the longest chain of consecutive integers in an unsorted 2D square array (non-diagonal)   2 Answers