Google Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

65 interviews

3.4

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Google.

Just got an phone interview and rejected

Interview Questions
  • Given 10 web sockets which will produce sorted string at different time period. Design an API that can provide instance merge of sorted string (merge 10 sorted strings into one)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

2 over the phone coding interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

1) A recrouter email me asking if interested working for google.
    2) Phone chat with the recrouter next day or so
    3) Technical screening one month later

Interview Questions
    • I have been given one algorithmic problem, could not solve it. I was given a little hints and did advance a bit but still could not solve the problem. Then I was given different problem, also algorithmic, that I believe I have not solved either.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google.

I got a technical interview after they contacted me via email. The technical questions were about computer science concepts: OOP, data structures, algorithms and optimization.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions. They are all covered in normal CS courses.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Went straight to an on site interview in Mountain View. Had 5 interviewers, 2 before lunch and 3 after. I was in the same room for every interview. When one person would finish the next would enter and just start asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were basic interview questions that they would later add a twist to make it more complicated.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

I was contacted by a recruiter through my school for a Software Development position (Java). We had multiple email conversations during which she was very accommodating to an unexpected surgery that popped up. We then set up a brief phone interview going over my resume in more detail. No difficult questions here. I was asked if I knew anyone in the company whom I had worked with and/or could vouch for me - I did and gave their name. I was then asked to fill out a personality and demographic survey online.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't make it to the technical interview because of health issues.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by one of Google's in house recruiters. We traded a few emails, I sent the recruiter my resume, and after a phone screen with the recruiter I moved on to a technical phone screen. The technical phone screen went OK and the recruiter scheduled a second technical phone screen. A question in the second phone screen blindsided me and basically derailed things.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of numbers build and place the numbers into a sorted binary tree.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in June 2013.

Takes pretty long. Have to go through phone interviews as well as physical interviews.

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in December 2009.

The interview lasted a whole day and was very grueling. It felt to me as though the questions were really aimed at recent Comp. Sci. grads. I didn't feel that the process really reflected the sort of work that I had been doing and the kind of work that I was hoping to get hired to do. We did touch on some questions specific to the task but these came at the end of the day and were almost perfunctory in comparison to the computer science type questions I got earlier in the day.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was what was my favorite design pattern. I don't have a favorite, I just use whatever is best for the task!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2013.

Interview process was very organized.
    First i had a phone screen with an engineer which was completely technical with a few coding questions. No questions related to projects.
    Next i had another phone interview wherein i was asked to design a hub accepting network connections and routing them as per destination given. (basic design discussions - data structure etc)
    Onsite interview consisted of 5 interviews of 45 mins each and a 1 hr lunch with an engineer. 5 interviews involved white board coding and system limits questions.

Interview Questions
    • One thing which was unexpected was when i was asked about deriving the complexity of finding intersection of 2 arrays using different methods and taking into account disk access/latency etc.   Answer Question