Google

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I were scheduled three interviews back to back, each takes 45 mins. The interviewer were nice and inspiring. They gave advice on my code. Firstly I was asked to write code for a simple solution. After I finished, the interviewer followed up, including asked me what the corner cases are and how can I improve my solution. They are highly technical and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • I will respect the NDA, all the questions are about data structures and basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

A recruiter from Google contacted me. The initial phone screen was to see a general fit. The second round was technical. The third round would have been a full day on campus.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect such a simple problem and I cant believe I gave a very wrong answer which was not obvious at first.   Answer Question

1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilities
    1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilitirs
    1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilitirs
    2 Technical Interviews
    1 HR recruiter
    1 Managment

salary

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

A recruiter from Google's college recruiting team contacted me after my friend referred me. The process was very fast. I had a phone interview with an engineer from Google's NYC office two weeks later. It was a standard 45-minute technical interview. The interviewer started the interview with a coding problem directly. BTW, we used Google docs as the white board. I finished the first coding problem with two solutions and he verified both of them. But we didn't leave much time for the second problem, I wrote down some code and the time was up. One week later, I got the onsite invitation. The onsite interview included four sessions. All of them were technical interviews. Almost two weeks after the onsite interviews, I got a call from my recruiter, she gave a bad news :(

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are not simple, because you need to think thoroughly.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Phone interview. Two algorithm problems, one is given 4 digits array, like 0,0,0,0, plus 1 into this array and print. Ex. 8,8,8,8 to 8,8,8,9.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Two phone interviews. Does a given file name match a single-star pattern?
    index.html matches *.html
    foo.txt does not match *.html

matches(“index.html”, “*html”) returns true
    matches(“foo.txt”, “*html”) returns false
    matches(“cat”, “c*t”) returns true

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Applied on the University Careers Portal.
    Got a call for an interview on Campus. They mentioned that I'll have two interviews back to back. 45 minutes each.

Interview 1:

Question 1: The interviewer was really kind. The asked me to write a function to find all the Ramanujan numbers. He helped me when I got stuck at any point and was giving me polite hints.

Question 2: He asked me to implement a queue using 2 stacks.

Interview 2:

Question 1: He has a question on the laptop. I have to code it and answer the questions that followed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Got the interview by employee inferral, waited about 1 week. Two telephone 45-minitute interviews same day. I wasn't well prepared and didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 strings, one is to be sorted, the other is the order. For example, first one is "hello", the second one is "loade", then the sorting result is "lloeh".   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

one phone interview, then 4 onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • Many sticks with length, every time combine two, the cost is the sum of two sticks' length. Finally, it will become a stick, what's the minimum cost?   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

An alum from my school sent in my resume as an internal referral. A recruiter contacted me for additional information like a transcript. I then got invited for a phone screening. After that, they decided to bring me onsite. I met with 4 engineers who asked me mostly coding questions, and also another engineer over lunch who does not write reviews.

I had a pretty crazy deadline with another company and the recruiter worked very hard to accommodate that. They managed to schedule me for an onsite within a few days and got the interview results to me in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly standard programming problems that you see in interviews   Answer Question