Google Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

3.6

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: The Interviewer was late for 20 mins... Ask nothing on my resume. Tow questions: 1) A string consists of ‘0’, ‘1’ and '?'. The question mark can be either '0' or '1'. Find all possible combinations for a string. 2) Give you a text file, remove duplicated lines. Follow up: If the file is very large, general hash map takes too much spaces, come up with a better solution.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in July 2015.

Interview

I got a mail from one of the recruiters first. Then there were two phone calls. First one was a basic phone interview where she explained the interview process. Next was a technical phone interview. I was asked to code on a shared doc. Generally they ask two questions. But I took a lot of time for the one itself. Hence was not selected. Questions are not that tough. Require coding knowledge.

Interview Questions

• how I could relate my project with google?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It started off with a recruiter getting the basic background information and stressing upon what will be asked in the interview.He then scheduled a technical interview.The technical interview started off with a formal chat and then a question based on data structures implementation.I answered with brute force approach initially and then went on to other implementations.The engineer was quite helpful and helping me when am stuck.

Interview Questions

• Implementation a max value in an arrray (specific conditions mentioned).A BST implementation.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

This a phone interview. Firstly, I was told to briefly talking about my working experience before my master degree and my course project, then he ask some fundamental questions about binary search tree and hash table, and compare their usage in different conditions. Then he ask two coding problems.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determain if a string is Palindrome?   1 Answer
    • Write a class to calculate the average number of current three number from the incoming numbers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a technical phone interview, with a fairly straightforward programming problem using Google Docs to write on. Then I heard back to schedule the onsite portion. Flights and hotel are paid for, and they're rather flexible to work with your schedule. The onsite interview was 4 technical questions with lunch after the first two. All the questions are fairly difficult, they skip right past the easy ones and only talk briefly about your resume and experience. Definitely know big O notation and be able to calculate the time complexity for any code you write. A lot of problems involved graphs or matrices, but involved other data structures as well. They give you a full list of what you should know beforehand, and much of it will be covered.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of your implementation? What is the space complexity? Can it be done faster? Can it be done with less space? Write a new implementation doing both.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with two questions. One sorting problem and one DP problem. Got the solutions right but might not in the most efficient way. Spent too much time on sorting problem.

Interview Questions

• Sort a sequence of number (e.g. [12 3 6 20 7 9 15 8 ...]) to satisfy following constrain: A<B>C<D>E<F...   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I were scheduled three interviews back to back, each takes 45 mins. The interviewer were nice and inspiring. They gave advice on my code. Firstly I was asked to write code for a simple solution. After I finished, the interviewer followed up, including asked me what the corner cases are and how can I improve my solution. They are highly technical and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I will respect the NDA, all the questions are about data structures and basic algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

A recruiter from Google contacted me. The initial phone screen was to see a general fit. The second round was technical. The third round would have been a full day on campus.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect such a simple problem and I cant believe I gave a very wrong answer which was not obvious at first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and got a chance to be interviewed at the local office. There were two rounds, each with two questions. First round, got the questions quite smoothly solved but did not finish the code in 45min. Second round, the interviewer got problem with the hash function I was proposing and did not lead to the coding stage.

Interview Questions

• Binary search a bitonic sequence Print login logout logs in order of time; Find shortest word containing the characters on a vehicle tag;   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilities 1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilitirs 1 Phone call screening interview to assist initial capabilitirs 2 Technical Interviews 1 HR recruiter 1 Managment

Interview Questions

• WHAT"S Kernal SOM algorith   1 Answer

salary