Google

1 Managment

salary

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

A recruiter from Google's college recruiting team contacted me after my friend referred me. The process was very fast. I had a phone interview with an engineer from Google's NYC office two weeks later. It was a standard 45-minute technical interview. The interviewer started the interview with a coding problem directly. BTW, we used Google docs as the white board. I finished the first coding problem with two solutions and he verified both of them. But we didn't leave much time for the second problem, I wrote down some code and the time was up. One week later, I got the onsite invitation. The onsite interview included four sessions. All of them were technical interviews. Almost two weeks after the onsite interviews, I got a call from my recruiter, she gave a bad news :(

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are not simple, because you need to think thoroughly.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Phone interview. Two algorithm problems, one is given 4 digits array, like 0,0,0,0, plus 1 into this array and print. Ex. 8,8,8,8 to 8,8,8,9.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Two phone interviews. Does a given file name match a single-star pattern?
    index.html matches *.html
    foo.txt does not match *.html

matches(“index.html”, “*html”) returns true
    matches(“foo.txt”, “*html”) returns false
    matches(“cat”, “c*t”) returns true

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Applied on the University Careers Portal.
    Got a call for an interview on Campus. They mentioned that I'll have two interviews back to back. 45 minutes each.

Interview 1:

Question 1: The interviewer was really kind. The asked me to write a function to find all the Ramanujan numbers. He helped me when I got stuck at any point and was giving me polite hints.

Question 2: He asked me to implement a queue using 2 stacks.

Interview 2:

Question 1: He has a question on the laptop. I have to code it and answer the questions that followed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Got the interview by employee inferral, waited about 1 week. Two telephone 45-minitute interviews same day. I wasn't well prepared and didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 strings, one is to be sorted, the other is the order. For example, first one is "hello", the second one is "loade", then the sorting result is "lloeh".   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

one phone interview, then 4 onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • Many sticks with length, every time combine two, the cost is the sum of two sticks' length. Finally, it will become a stick, what's the minimum cost?   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

An alum from my school sent in my resume as an internal referral. A recruiter contacted me for additional information like a transcript. I then got invited for a phone screening. After that, they decided to bring me onsite. I met with 4 engineers who asked me mostly coding questions, and also another engineer over lunch who does not write reviews.

I had a pretty crazy deadline with another company and the recruiter worked very hard to accommodate that. They managed to schedule me for an onsite within a few days and got the interview results to me in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly standard programming problems that you see in interviews   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2013.

On campus Interview. Two back to back 45 min technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • 1. A rotated sorted array and find the begin of the array(smallest).
      2. given a pattern array and a search array. if the pattern appears in the search array in order than return true
      3. given infinitely numbers, for every number compute the average of the former k numbers.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Submit my resume online.

In the first phone interview, the google staff asked me about my projects and a programing problem about picking up a sample of 1000 keywords from huge amount of search requests. Of course, it is impossible to save all the requests. The solution can be found on the Cracking Coding Interview. But then he asked me to explain why that works. I failed. Then I was asked to propose a way to check if the algorithm works.

15 min laters, I got my second phone interview. Problems include Augmented Tree (from the book Introduction to Algorithms), a question using greedy algorithm. I did not finish the second problem, but proposed the right algorithm. And it took me a long time to fix the bugs in my programs.

Recruiters are very nice and guide me to debug. I passed the interview and got to team match, but no team leader contacted me. Maybe I do not have my own unique skills or project experience.