Google Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions

3.4

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

Regular process. Referral by a friend, schedule for two back-to-back 45-min phone interviews. I'm currently waiting for the result. I chose a date that is three weeks later when they asked me to, so the whole process seemed long. But you can shorten it by choosing a closer date.
The scheduling is like, you tell them five time slots you are available, and they will tell you exactly when it is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Mostly quite easy problems. One is parentheses matching. It is simple, but I forgot to use stack. I used two variables to keep track of left and right parens. But when it comes to two kinds of parens, it is hard without using stack. The interviewer reminded me of it, then I coded using stack. There are some bugs and the interviewer pointed them out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

First you apply on Google site, then got contacted by recruiter for scheduling two phone interviews. If you pass the two interviews, you will enter project matching phase waiting to be assigned to project. There is no guarantee that you get project.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

Phone contact, scheduled interview within a week, result in 2 weeks.

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online some time in September and was contacted in early October to schedule two technical phone interviews within the next few weeks. The two interviews were back-to-back, an hour each, using Google Docs.

I interviewed in early November, which I feel went fairly well. It took 3 weeks until I heard back from them; it was a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• A question similar to the Scrabble game: finding words from a dictionary using a given set of tiles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Interview

I went to a career fair and was contacted by Google to set up a phone interview via email. They sent me information to open up a google doc so I could write code while they could view it simultaneously. I believe I talked to 2 different people during the process.

Interview Questions

• How to design the storage of videos on youtube.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview

They contacted me a few days after my application referred by a engineer in Google.

Two phone-screen interview were assigned for me, each was 45 min.
    The first one I was asked some stuff in my project and asked to search a number in an ordered array. I used Binary search. The recruiter then asked me to write some test cases.

In the second one was asked to draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level. I was using recursion. I screwed up and cannot finished it. the recruiter did not talk too much.

Got the rejection information after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• 1, search a number in an ordered array.
      2, draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through an employee referral and it took a while to set up my two back to back interviews. Did those well I suppose, got asked a few questions about my resume and a total of 3 coding questions over the course of both interviews.

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was sent an email on my university mailbox by a recruiter. Then I had 3 interviews via google talk. The last interview was a hangout.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

two 45 minutes on campus interview.
    Basically talk about my resume for 2 or 3 minutes, and then begin the coding test.

The hiring process is: if you pass the first two 45 minutes on campus interview, recruiter from Google will probably select you. The probability depends on how much the manager thinks you fit for his/her group.
    So there are some people that pass the two 45 minutes of interview but still does not get a intern at google.