Google

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details – Regular process. Referral by a friend, schedule for two back-to-back 45-min phone interviews. I'm currently waiting for the result. I chose a date that is three weeks later when they asked me to, so the whole process seemed long. But you can shorten it by choosing a closer date.
The scheduling is like, you tell them five time slots you are available, and they will tell you exactly when it is scheduled.

Interview Question – Mostly quite easy problems. One is parentheses matching. It is simple, but I forgot to use stack. I used two variables to keep track of left and right parens. But when it comes to two kinds of parens, it is hard without using stack. The interviewer reminded me of it, then I coded using stack. There are some bugs and the interviewer pointed them out.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – First you apply on Google site, then got contacted by recruiter for scheduling two phone interviews. If you pass the two interviews, you will enter project matching phase waiting to be assigned to project. There is no guarantee that you get project.

Interview Question – Interview is somehow hard.
Project matching phase.
  Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online some time in September and was contacted in early October to schedule two technical phone interviews within the next few weeks. The two interviews were back-to-back, an hour each, using Google Docs.

I interviewed in early November, which I feel went fairly well. It took 3 weeks until I heard back from them; it was a generic rejection email.

Interview Question – A question similar to the Scrabble game: finding words from a dictionary using a given set of tiles.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Phone contact, scheduled interview within a week, result in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is Signal in a system. Explain LOAD factor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview Details – They contacted me a few days after my application referred by a engineer in Google.

Two phone-screen interview were assigned for me, each was 45 min.
The first one I was asked some stuff in my project and asked to search a number in an ordered array. I used Binary search. The recruiter then asked me to write some test cases.

In the second one was asked to draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level. I was using recursion. I screwed up and cannot finished it. the recruiter did not talk too much.

Got the rejection information after 3 days.

Interview Question – 1, search a number in an ordered array.
2, draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair and was contacted by Google to set up a phone interview via email. They sent me information to open up a google doc so I could write code while they could view it simultaneously. I believe I talked to 2 different people during the process.

Interview Question – How to design the storage of videos on youtube.   View Answer

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – Applied through an employee referral and it took a while to set up my two back to back interviews. Did those well I suppose, got asked a few questions about my resume and a total of 3 coding questions over the course of both interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard, actually...   Answer Question

Software Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Google.

Interview Details – I was sent an email on my university mailbox by a recruiter. Then I had 3 interviews via google talk. The last interview was a hangout.

Interview Question – Technical questions can be very tough   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details – two 45 minutes on campus interview.
Basically talk about my resume for 2 or 3 minutes, and then begin the coding test.

The hiring process is: if you pass the first two 45 minutes on campus interview, recruiter from Google will probably select you. The probability depends on how much the manager thinks you fit for his/her group.
So there are some people that pass the two 45 minutes of interview but still does not get a intern at google.

Interview Question – A easy question on the Binary Tree.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Software Engineer Internship interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.