Google

1,188 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,188 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

I just get through Technical Phone Screening. I applied via campus recruiting. Recruiter request to fill out some information. The recruiter assigned time slot.
The Google engineer with unique accent called me. He asked some brief question regarding my resume, and he started the coding problem. I was screwed up, and he tried to give some sub-problem that could be a hint for the coding assignment after 30 minutes has elapsed. After 40 minutes elapsed, he explained the brief solution.
He and I also used Google Docs to show my code.
It was somewhat hard to communicate with the interview because of his somewhat unique accent.
After several days, I got some notice that I would not be considered for next interview.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot specify. The coding problem is related graph. The problem was concise, but somewhat tricky. I am actually EE engineer. I have learned Data Structure, but I am not really completely used to it. That was a reason why I am screwed up.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

I had two technical interviews back to back from two different developers. The interviews were pretty standard and fair. They each asked a few brief initial questions about my resume and then the rest were technical questions about basic data structures and algorithms. I thought the questions asked were interesting and appropriately challenged. I wasn't adequately prepared for the technical interview and didn't do well enough to get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about various properties of multiple core data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

On campus interview two 45 minutes back to back. Very few to no behavioral questions. Did not ask much about past experience. Went straight to technical portion of the interview. Two programming questions each in the language of your own choosing. Given around 15-20 minutes per question. Last 5 minutes were for questions. Interviewers were nice, gave great advice.

Interview Questions
    • Design the game snake. Some questions on the Iteration interface and some algorithms and Big-O quesitons   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

1st round: 3 technical interviews
    2nd round: a bunch host matching interviews (I'm still on this phase)
    Update:
    So I had some host matching interviews, where basically we discussed my qualification and the projects, almost no technical questions. I liked all of them and I think they liked me too.
    Got matched with the one I like the best.

Interview Questions
    • NDA, so I can just provide some vague info:
      1st technical interview: I solved 2 problems: binary tree related, look-up table / hash table
      2nd technical interview: I solved 1 problem: graph travel (DFS, BFS)
      3nd technical interview: I solved 1 problem: hash table related

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

four technical interviews, three of them are easy, one is hard. Duration lunch time, one of the interviewer will you to lunch as Google's restaurant and tour you around the campus if possible.

Software Engineer Interview

The interview was decent. Was asked an easy question initially followed by a tough question. The interviewer didnt ask anything about the interview, and jumped straight to the coding questions. Also it was a phone screen so I wasnt given any hint.

Interview Questions
    • Implement hash table.
      Given a mountain of integers :: like 1 2 3 9 6 5 or 4 9 3 give the maximum

View Answers (6)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The interview itself went pretty well, all of the interviewers were extremely nice and police, although no one came across as super amped or stoked about Google.

I think about two weeks had passed before someone called me to tell me that I did really well and that an offer was coming.

From there, it went really downhill from my perspective. It's 6 months later, and I'm still waiting for that offer. I took about 2 months to slot me for a team that they thought would be a good fit, and since then I get a call on average every 2 weeks that goes something like:

"We're really sorry this process is taking so long, we'll have an offer out to you at the latest by Friday."

I lost count of how many times I've gotten a call like that. It's been "any day" for months on end, which makes my current job mostly kind of awkward from my perspective.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was a recursive pathing algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The interview was over the phone, and I was interviewed by three software engineers, 45min each. They all asked coding problems. Only the first interviewer asked about my work, why I wanted to work at Google, what can I do at Google, etc. All three interviewers, at the end, asked me whether if I had a question for them. I coded on Google Doc, which the recruiter sent the link via email. The interview time is on each Google Doc.

Interview Questions
    • Write a code that returns the deepest node in a binary tree. If the tree is complete, having two same depth of node, return the rightmost node.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The response was fast but the question was hard. The interviewer was very nice. He walked me through the process and nicely explained the solution to me. The time interval of the interview is exactly it is. If the HR told you that it would be a 50min interview, it would be a 50min interview. Thus, time management is very important.

Interview Questions
    • Given two array, construct three arrays, two of them contains the unique item, one of them contains the common item   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Search opening positions on Linkedin. Applied on Google's website. Got an opportunity of three phone interview after one week. Took these three phone interviews after another three weeks.

These three interviews have different styles. Some likes some high level questions followed with some design problems. Others like coding and algorithm design from the beginning to the end.

Interview Questions
    • Signed NDA. Some basic algorithm questions and two high level questions.   Answer Question