Google

1,018 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,018 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied online and the process took about three weeks. Then it was two back-to-back 45 minutes general technology interviews. The interviewers were nice and helpful. One week later, I was asked to do an additional 45-min general tech interview. They didn't say much about why but it was hard. Unfortunately I didn't make to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Signed NDA. But they were pretty common coding questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied online and three weeks later received an E-mail from the recruiter saying that I'm going to have two on-site interviews at the Fremont Google office in Seattle. Each interview takes 45 minutes. The questions are straightforward, involving array searching, binary tree searching, and recursion/DP, but I got stuck in one question and took a while to finish it. One week later I got the rejection letter.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview process is fairly normal, but recruiters can be fairly slow with responding. The host-matching process can take an excruciating amount of time, so be aware of that. Most recruiters are decent in their speed at replying emails, but there were some windows of time that took a bit too long.

Software Engineer Interview

The phone interview questions were easy if you have read CLRS. I had a shared document opened and I had to write code in that page. Pseudo code was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't write any SQL query for a while at the time, so I kinda messed up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The interview process starts with a phone call where they ask some basic questions about your education background and then ask you to take an online coding test at codility. There were two coding question one easy one difficult. If you clear this phase then there is an 1 hour technical telephonic interview which is to test your depth of knowledge. its pretty hard. after that there will be several onsite interviews in a day.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Applied through a recruiter about 1+ year after first contact. There were only phone screens and an on-site interview; no coding interview over the phone (perhaps because I was referred by somebody inside). Their preparatory e-resources helped, but the space of possible questions is limitless, and there's only so much that one can study. Personally, it's been 10+ years since I last had to delete a node from a binary tree, so my algorithms were rusty, although I did study.

During the on-site visit, there were five technical interviews plus lunch. I'd say all were considerate and respectful, but two of them were not very polished communicators, in my opinion. My lunch was accompanied by a friendly engineer -- the best part of the day.

Interview Questions
    • I'll (mostly) respect the NDA, but one starter question was "in Python, what is a generator". Got that one; the rest, not so much.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Was contacted by a Google recruiter. Talked to two people on the phone. Both had large egos and fresh out of school. One asked some algorithm questions, and then suddenly hung up. There was second interview a few days later- the other person focused on scalability. There was significant disagreement between us on how to achieve it.

Interview Questions
    • NDA was signed so cannot provide question.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day saying that I am a good fit for the position. HR was friendly. She set me up for technical interview next week over the phone. I was made to write code in this interview on a Google doc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not that difficult, I just wasn't prepared enough. I was asked to implement an LRU cache. Interviewer was patient and helped me through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2014.

First round, you will have a phone interview. They will ask some basic programming question and one technical questions. Asking writing code on Google Doc.
    Second round, another phone Interview, ask another round technical questions.

Stop it this point.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google in October 2014.

It's Phone Interview. First, he asked me some questions about projects on my resume, some low level questions. Then coding, merge intervals which is on Leetcode. Then I asked some questions about him. One word, it's not enough to just practice algorithm question!