Google

3.5

1,049 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Met google recruiter through the Harvey Mudd CS-Google pipeline. Very easy to schedule an interview, two back to back forty-five minute interviews with really nice engineers- mudd alums! They were really nice and helpful and I felt I learned something

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

I was referred by my friend and got phone interviews after a few weeks. I got 2 consecutive phone interviews. The first one was good, the interviewer asked two algorithm questions and I finished them. But the second one, kept asking language knowledge like difference between c and java. I haven't used c for a long time. So I didn't do well.

Interview Questions
    • Language syntax like difference between c and java.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through referral. phone, then onsite. 4 interviewers onsite. Was a bit disorganized, some interviewers were late. lunch with an engineer (not part of the 4). they didn't let you see the rest of campus too since you needed an ID to get in. great campus though.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

I interviewed on campus at my current university. I had two technical interviews about 45 minutes in length. Nothing super challenging, but definitely want to study for them. I highly recommend Cracking the Code Interview and other similar prep materials to master all your common data structures, Big O times, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot comment specifically due to NDA. Similar difficulty as most technical interview prep materials. Be sure to speak your thoughts all out loud. Even if youre doing poorly, if they understand how you're thinking, its better than standing there dumbfounded .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Skip the first initial interview because I did good in their interview one year ago. The onsite was 5 rounds. 10 questions asked. All about coding. No design questions. 1 question is from cracking code interview.

Interview Questions
    • Design a algo. to compress a string. If there are multiple repeated characters aaaa, put a3 instead. Need to deal with numbers and math equations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

A friend inside Google reference me and get an on-site interview shortly after a HR phone screen. The onsite interview is 4 rounds and questions are not difficult. However, the whole process is pretty exhaustive.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

The interview process was handled in a very profesionnal manner throughout. It's great to know that your recruiters will accommodate your schedule (e.g. give you a few weeks to prepare if you need that time) and keep you updated at every stage.

Although I originally applied for a non-engineering job (given my background), I got contacted by a recruiter who asked if I was willing to apply on the software engineering track with a focus on my niche skills. Since it didn't hurt to try and actually learn about computer science fundamentals, I gave it a shot.

I was interviewed by 6 people total (1 phone screen + 5 onsite interviews in a single day with lunch in the middle). Over the course of the process, I was in contact with 2 recruiters, one for the phone screen stage, one for the on-site stage.

Some of the interviewers seemed to be aware of my niche skills and had obviously been selected to interview me based on the match between their skills and mine. Some of the interview questions did reflect that concentration but most didn't and were focused on CS fundamentals, algorithms and data structures.

Overall, it was fun and challenging.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had to answer had to do with some research I did more than 10 ago as part of my PhD dissertation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got contacted by a recruiter after submitting a resume on a recruiting fair. Took ~3 weeks. Interviews were scheduled quickly. Recruiter was very helpful and accommodating. While they have a reputation of harder questions, these were not hard, but they make you write code on paper and they type it in a compiler which is slightly unusual.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were ok, nothing crazy unexpected, but the interviewers were unhelpful and didn't give much feedback   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Phone screen, I applied online for the position and the very next week a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. An interview was set up 4 or 5 days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview starts directly with technical questions. The acknowledge it involves is about the array of string, of array of integer. Therefore it is simple for the algorithms part, but tedious for the coding part, many corner case to consider. The interview may give you some hint, buy it is not positive I guess, they really want people who are writing code every day.