Google Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Whole interview process was quite interesting. Interviewers were very kind, asked few technical questions and few algorithmic tasks. There are only 45 minutes per interview allocated, so you need to be quick as possible. Interviews starts at 10, 3 before lunch and 2 after. Honestly after lunch my brain was a little bit slowed.

Interview Questions

• Cannot tell due to NDA. In general algorithmic questions, nothing super special. After completing initial problem usually they asking to resolve much difficult task.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was fairly fast and transparent, I was given feedback in the end. Overall would recommend, the best interview experience I've ever had. Seems like the only company out there that respects prospective hires and their time. BUT was rejected because of only one interviewer that gave inadequate review, while others were very positive about hiring.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of meetings find the amount of time someone spends in a meeting that conflicts with others.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through an employee. Contacted by a recruiter by email, had to fill out a form about my skills and what area at Google I wanted to work in. After which I had to do 2 phone interviews on the same day, each 45 minutes long. They got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Had to check if a Sudoku puzzle was valid and a computer graphics problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through official website. Took a few weeks to get a response from the recruitment team which asked some general questions and university information, and then received an email to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given an iterator of Integers, create an iterator that will work correctly only iterating even integers. Ex given an iterator that iterates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the iterator should iterate 2, 4   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on the webpage for a job in Mountain View, the recruiter contacted me the next day and set up a phone interview for a couple of weeks later. The interviewer in the phone interview was very nice and calm. He first asked me about my PhD, then there were a couple of questions about using hash tables versus BST as hash map implementations. This was followed by a warm up coding task (recursion over array of array to print all options) and the actual one (longest increasing path in 2d array). Compared to other interviews both were fairly straightforward. The problem was the time aspect, I never made it to code the second task.

Interview Questions

• Longest increasing path in 2d array   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very nice process. Recruiters were very helpful and friendly. I did not apply for the position. They reached me through email. First step was a phone interview. The question was a bit easy. Now, I am going for an on-site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

The web tells the truth about the process, it's phone interview (coding) + 5x 45min on site coding interviews. As for on site interviews 4 of them were mostly about coding and 1 was more about design. Be prepared to code on a whiteboard in a real language (not pseudo code).

Interview Questions

• In particular I was given one mathematical puzzle to solve   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Uploaded the CV, heard back from a recruiter 2 months later. Two phone interviews, one right after the another, both taking 45 minutes. The first one was more of an algorithmic test with some really detailed questions, while the second one was almost entirely about testing, both on a specific example and in general (i.e. knowing stuff like unit testing, code coverage, and specifically JUnit since the guy worked Android Wear). After the questions on testing, I was asked to design a simple algorithm to reverse a specific part of a string and code it up.

Coding was done via Google Docs, while Hangout videolinks were used for communication.
    I'm currently in the host matching phase (passed both interviews), so I don't really know whether I'm going to get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Not really allowed to share -- a problem where the trie data structure was the optimal solution, as well as some tricks related to floating point overflows and underflows   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an interview through a referral. Shortly I got a call for the phone interview. The questions were rather easy. After that I was invited for the onsite interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Two back to back 45 minute on campus interviews. Interviews began with some questions about resume, a programming problem lasting for most of the interview, and then some time to ask interviewers questions at the end. Following this, there was a host-matching process beginning around early November, Matched with first host and accepted.