Google

1,052 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,052 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied through a hackathon link. Received a first round behavioural phone interview about a week later, and a technical interview two weeks after that. Very disappointed about the technical interview, the engineer who I spoke to called 20 minutes late and seemed preoccupied with something else throughout the entirety of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too unexpected, sort an array of structs in O(n) time based on two specific characteristic of the structs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Google on-campus interview. The first round. Applied through school career event. The interview was held at school's Career center. About 4 Google engineers came to interview us. The interview was 2 round back to back. The first round is coding about algorithm, very similar to other interview where you got a problem and you have to code on the paper. The second round is more about practical coding skills where you have to code, test and debug to make the program work.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

2 On campus interviews followed by 4 on site with lunch included. The interviewers are super nice except for one of them. Most of the questions related to DS and algorithms

Interview Questions
    • 1. Given a binary tree and inorder traversal, construct a new binary tree with additional pointers such that the inorder traversal is reflected in the new tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I was first called for a phone interview but got rejected. Google asked me to reinterview after about 5 months for another set of phone interviews. I am yet to hear from them but the interview didn't go as expected. The interviewer however was pretty cool with the questions as well as the answers. I wish a bit logical and less code intensive as it hardly tests your basic problem solving skills.

Software Engineer Interview

First round phone interview: 30-minutes. One math question (approximate log (2^10)), one coding question (reverse an input string); Second round phone interview: 30-minutes. One binary tree question (how to read and load a large dataset in the smallest memory)

Interview Questions
    • sorting algorithm; basic mathematic questions   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

A former intern referred me, and I was contacted by a university recruiter in mid fall. The interview process was simple--two 45 minute technical interviews, both were extremely doable. The second was slightly harder than the first. Both involved some data structure/algo questions, but nothing too complicated, and definitely no knowledge of obscure algorithms or data structures was necessary for the optimal solution. The host matching process was fairly quick (heard within a week), and my recruiter was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Signed an NDA, but one of my interviews also relied pretty heavily on statistics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

The usual staff. 1 phone call from a recruiter, talked about details about me and about the role.
    1 technical interview via Skype. asked me some array algorithm questions
    Another technical interview via Skye, asked tree questions
    I am not from the states that's why I had two Skype calls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for a non-technical phone interview. We then scheduled a technical interview for the next week then I was contacted and was asked to code in a live google document about technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Applied online and recruiter contacted me within the week to schedule phone interviews. I had the phone interviews ~3 weeks later. First one was a doozy - asked me this complicated tree problem and I didn't get the answer, even after 20 min of hints :(. Second one was ok - asked a standard string manipulation problem, but after failing the first interview, I was done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Two rounds of phone interview followed by onsite interview.

First phone interview was about arrays (move all elements of value v to end of array) while the second was on string manipulation (find longest substring with two distinct characters).

The onsite interview questions were more varied
    1) Matrix manipulation