Google Software Engineering Interview Questions

1,271 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,271 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

contacted through the recruiter and had a chat with him initially, after which I was set up for a phone interview based on coding.
They will test your coding on google doc .
Next on the day of interview I was asked to write a code on BST
i gave the correct and best solution.
Next day I was given a reject.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (Providence, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

Submit resume online -> contacted by recruiter -> asked to submit unofficial transcript-> three phone interviews (which went pretty badly)
    The overall experience is great. I learned a lot during my failed attempt, lol.

Interview Questions

• Some coding problems, time complexity of your algorithm,etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter sent a prep document after a brief non-technical talk. And they also had onsite information session to prepare interviews.

The phone interview was about 45 minutes and I was asked to do coding on shared google doc. One interviewer (no shadow).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I recently had a phone interview. It was pretty good.

They asked basic data structure complexities first followed by 2 coding questions.
    Fortunately they weren't as bad as I thought they would be.

My experience with that interview said you need to be clear with the basics - writing code to do basic data structure manipulation. And to have speed while doing so.
    That's all.

Interview Questions

• 1. Convert sorted array to bst.
      2. Find in-order successor to a given node in binary tree.

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews: the first being primarily around job responsibilities and general information about myself (passions, coursework, etc.) The second round of interviewing was based entirely around obscure coding problems.

Interview Questions

• The second interview focused mainly on problem solving skills in Java and C++. The problems themselves had multiple answers, designed to trick the interviewee. Despite my preparation, the questions asked were incredibly difficult. It focuses more on creative problem solving skills rather than current skillset.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

I applied by employee reference. And then I waited for a month until someone contact me by email. Then we scheduled times for three phone interviews in one day, and each of them takes 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Read n by read 4. Calendar. Check whether any number in a sorted array is majority number.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly there are 2 rounds of phone interview and then onsite. The entire process took about 4 weeks of time. The questions are based on real life examples. It was not very difficult but they expect a perfect code.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a contact at Google and went directly to an onsite interview. First came a tour around the building and then the coding interviews. An interview took 45 minutes and there was no break between them. I had three coding interviews in the morning, followed by lunch with an employee who was not one of my interviewers, and finally the last coding interview. Three of my interviewers went directly towards coding questions. There were two in my interviews with them. The other interviewer asked questions about my resume so we only had time for one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Implement the stack structure and its functions (push, pop, empty)   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google in March 2015.

Interview

Everyone in my university was called for interview by Google. First HR round was basic interview asking my general skills and about my resume. Then, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview and there was only one question asked which I felt was really tough. I need to write efficient algorithm as well.

Interview Questions

• There are a set of dictionary words and a set of license plate numbers. Write a code/algorithm to find the shortest dictionary word which contains all the characters in the license plate, irrespective of the order of characters.

Ex: RC101 is the license plate number. The shortest word that can be found in the dictionary is CAR which has characters 'R' and 'C' in the license plate.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

Interview

A recruiter contaced me via LinkIn and we had a short talk. I arranged the phone interview on one month later. He asked my most challenging project and what I've learnt from it. Then I was asked to write code and what is the time/space complexity.

Interview Questions

• transform(char*, size_t) delete all 'a's from the string   Answer Question
    • follow-up: delete all 'a's from the string and change 'b's t o'bee'   Answer Question