Google

1,189 Interview Reviews

3.5

1,189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied online, instead of through school website. I applied for Data Analyst positions, but they gave me a coding/tech interview. I assumed that all the interns had to be SWE before they were assigned to any specific positions.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

For each intern application, there are 3 rounds of phone interview. I got the phone call from NY office which focuses on distributed system and infrastructure. I expected no design problem, however, I was impeded by a design problem. This is probably unfair for a student without any work experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Cordial and polite. Found me online through linkedin. Coordinated to have a phone screen and after that to have a phone interview which was technical. The interview preparation was laid out well and I was given preparation tools.
    The interviewer seemed like a great guy.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I was contacted by a university recruiter via email. She asked some information and arranged a phone screen for me. Phone screen was easy, DFS and BFS questions. After that, it's on-site interview, which covered 4 45 minutes 1 to 1 interviews. Questions mainly covers data structure, algorithm and oop design.

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume to apply a software engineer position at google, and I received an email the second day after I applied. The email says they want to schedule a technical/coding interview with me and asked me to apply with information, such as available time for interview, expected started date. I replied with those information but I did not get any further email from them.

Interview Questions
    • The initial email says they will test my background on algorithms, data structures, testing, etc. But I did not actually do the interview since they did not respond to my email.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Applied online through their website. A recruiter contacted me. They wanted me to give them five dates for interview. There were three phone interviews, lasted from 40-60 minutes. One was on, one on algorithms, another on both the coding and algorithms. Coding questions were not that difficult, I found the algorithms part difficult, though.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got asked about the job at Google by a Google's recruiter.

Did a technical phone screen with 2 coding problems about string and passed.

Did another technical phone screen with 1 coding problems about finding a path given a matrix of characters and a word. I could not finished this problem and finally got rejected.

The all process took around 3 weeks and coding problems are not difficult as I expected.

Interview Questions
    • As a coding problem in second technical phone screen, it took me long time to understand the problem, that's why I did not have enough time to finish it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call interview. The interview was difficult for me because voice quality was bad. The questions I got all about algorithms. They like problems on these. The experience was pretty tough because the interviews were challenging. Two phone interviews and there are five onsite interviews. There are many other descriptions of their interviews so I guess my description here is just for simple reference. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions on algorithms that are pretty tough.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

I got a mail regarding phone interview. There were 3 phone interviews. Level medium/difficult. I told solutions to all but they always wanted better solutions. All questions were about basic data structures ( Array, Linked lists, Strings etc)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

The process was smooth. An employee referred me, and I got notification from HR the next day. Then we set a date for interview, which was one month later. Then I took the interview(3 phone interviews in a row!) and processed into the host match phase. Now i have not matched to any of the teams.