Google

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Development Manager Interview

Strategic Development Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with managers in the business unit. I never spoke to someone in HR and HR was only involved with scheduling interviews. Both interviewers were personable, high energy and smart. The initial interview was very behavioral and basic...it covered my history, what I was interested in, etc. The second interview was primarily a case interview. I was not expecting this and was never told via HR what the format of the interview would be. The case was based on a real experience the interviewer had at Google. It was very straightforward and was about how you could look at a new product launch and understant it. It was also driving towards your business development skills and ability to navigate a large company. I don't know if this is standard or not, but following the email I got a canned letter from HR saying they weren't interested. I had a couple basic follow up questions for HR and/or the team. No one responded to my requests.

Interview Question – It was a case interview. There was no specific hard question, it was about demonstrating an understanding, your skills and moving things forward. See above for details.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Strategic Development Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.