Google Technical Recruiter Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Did one phone interview and then a 1/2 day in person interview at Google HQ. Questions were not unexpected.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Put me through several interviews and never bothered to follow up with me afterwards. I still have no idea if I am still in consideration or not. As a recruiter, this sours me on the company.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you to find the 5 best Java developers in Russia, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Google.

applied online. contacted via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google in August 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter after I submitted an online application. Revised my resume, got submitted, and was asked on-site for an interview. I met with a Google employee via web-conference for about 30 minutes, then a face-to-face interview for another 30 minutes. Briefly talked about my resume and the description of the job, but the questions were primarily asked to see your thought process around problems. No brain-teasers, just questions focused on determining how I would go about problem solving. All in all, a very straightforward process and not too intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember the specific phrasing, but it was a question trying to elicit my thought process of how to find very unique information. And, how do you define success? How do you define hard work?   Answer Question
    They offered me far more than I would have expected, so I simply accepted

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

They call you with an initial talk with their staffing agency and discuss your resume, expected salary, etc. Then a google hangout or in person interview is set up to talk to the hiring managers for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three attributes you believe a successful technical recruiter should have?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2013.

I was contacted by the sourcing team lead via my LinkedIn account. After the course of a few weeks, and a few phone calls, I was asked to come in for an on-site. This consisted of three, 30 min. individual interviews with various leaders of the Austin sourcing team.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Google in December 2010.

Long interview process, hiring based on GPA and job performance. Phone interviews can be 1-3. Onsite interview one round of 4 interviews, can be 30-45 min. Once hiring manager gives thumbs up recruiter has to complete a packet to justify hiring. Two formal review committes to respond to. All hiring is done through committee. Hiring manager has no recourse.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers - no correct answer, evaluate throught process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google in November 2010.

Contacted by a staffing agency for a 1 year contract role with Google as a recruiter. I had two face to face interviews with 2 people on each occasion. They asked a lot of problem solving questions with no correct answers, they wanted to see my process for solving the problem and arriving at the answer. They want to know which Google products you use, your familiarity with their technology. Overall they were not very friendly and this was not an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • How long would it take a Google car to photograph the entire city of San Francisco for Google map street view.   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

No phone interviews as I met the Hiring Manager during an event. The interview process included 4 interviews with solely team members. No questions around previous work experience.

12 months contract

Technical Recruiter Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in October 2010.

After a long process I was finally called in for a face to face interview which was interesting, thought provoking. I enjoyed the interview and was told that it went well and should hear from them within2 weeks.
    Got further positive feedback from the consultant who had originally set up the interview and about 3 wks later and email saying I was unsuccessful... I would have appreciated a bit of constructive feedback.

Interview Questions
    • TThe interview was largely focussed on business case and how I would go about looking for java programmers.   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!