Google

Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.5

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Applied through an employee. Contacted by a recruiter by email, had to fill out a form about my skills and what area at Google I wanted to work in. After which I had to do 2 phone interviews on the same day, each 45 minutes long. They got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Had to check if a Sudoku puzzle was valid and a computer graphics problem.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Phone interview first, Case study and fit questions. Was then invited to in person interviews with an analyst and the head of the team. Both case studies and fit questions (Why Google, why are you leaving your current job). The cases were all actual problems that happenned in Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Applied through official website. Took a few weeks to get a response from the recruitment team which asked some general questions and university information, and then received an email to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given an iterator of Integers, create an iterator that will work correctly only iterating even integers. Ex given an iterator that iterates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the iterator should iterate 2, 4   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Completed an online application and had an initial phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard - educational background, professional experience, how you deal with difficult situations etc. I was invited for an in-person interview with someone from HR, which was immediately followed by an interview/question time with a couple current employees. The interview questions were also standard, apart from a couple brain teasers thrown in.

Interview Questions
    • How many people are connected to the internet right now?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Uploaded the CV, heard back from a recruiter 2 months later. Two phone interviews, one right after the another, both taking 45 minutes. The first one was more of an algorithmic test with some really detailed questions, while the second one was almost entirely about testing, both on a specific example and in general (i.e. knowing stuff like unit testing, code coverage, and specifically JUnit since the guy worked Android Wear). After the questions on testing, I was asked to design a simple algorithm to reverse a specific part of a string and code it up.

Coding was done via Google Docs, while Hangout videolinks were used for communication.
    I'm currently in the host matching phase (passed both interviews), so I don't really know whether I'm going to get an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not really allowed to share -- a problem where the trie data structure was the optimal solution, as well as some tricks related to floating point overflows and underflows   Answer Question

Software Interview

2 phone interview. No technical question! just coding. I got so much disappointed, as I was expecting real questions.
    They only want to make sure that you produce the right result in the minimum amount of time. Some basic knowledge of data structures is required.

Interview Questions
    • very detailed. They expect you to write a compilable program while you are on the phone!   Answer Question

Engineering Practicum Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Sent in my resume and received a reply a few days/weeks later for an interview. There were 2 phone calls of 60 minutes each. Both began by asking some basic questions about my resume and then we went into some technical questions. We ended by them asking me if I had any questions about the company/the internship I was applying for. I was contacted a few days later saying I would not be considered further.

Software Engineer Interview

I got an interview through a referral. Shortly I got a call for the phone interview. The questions were rather easy. After that I was invited for the onsite interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Two back to back 45 minute on campus interviews. Interviews began with some questions about resume, a programming problem lasting for most of the interview, and then some time to ask interviewers questions at the end. Following this, there was a host-matching process beginning around early November, Matched with first host and accepted.