Google Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was fairly fast and transparent, I was given feedback in the end. Overall would recommend, the best interview experience I've ever had. Seems like the only company out there that respects prospective hires and their time. BUT was rejected because of only one interviewer that gave inadequate review, while others were very positive about hiring.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of meetings find the amount of time someone spends in a meeting that conflicts with others.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, University Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and talked about why I want to work at Google and got asked to explain the concept of Big-O notation. Then I got set up for the phone interview after confirming which Google office I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions

• Given n coordinate points x, y find the line that intersects most of them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very kind, and the timing less than I forecasted. She asked me about my background and explain me the position and the Google process to hire. The recruiter told me about the possibility to pass that interview and she describe me the possible next process - one interview with the team and one face to face.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want work at Google?
      - Why did you apply for this role?
      - Describe me a tough situation that you had with a client

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through an employee. Contacted by a recruiter by email, had to fill out a form about my skills and what area at Google I wanted to work in. After which I had to do 2 phone interviews on the same day, each 45 minutes long. They got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions

• Had to check if a Sudoku puzzle was valid and a computer graphics problem.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

Interview

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through official website. Took a few weeks to get a response from the recruitment team which asked some general questions and university information, and then received an email to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given an iterator of Integers, create an iterator that will work correctly only iterating even integers. Ex given an iterator that iterates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the iterator should iterate 2, 4   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, Case study and fit questions. Was then invited to in person interviews with an analyst and the head of the team. Both case studies and fit questions (Why Google, why are you leaving your current job). The cases were all actual problems that happenned in Google

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a very nice process. Recruiters were very helpful and friendly. I did not apply for the position. They reached me through email. First step was a phone interview. The question was a bit easy. Now, I am going for an on-site interview.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Interview

Completed an online application and had an initial phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard - educational background, professional experience, how you deal with difficult situations etc. I was invited for an in-person interview with someone from HR, which was immediately followed by an interview/question time with a couple current employees. The interview questions were also standard, apart from a couple brain teasers thrown in.

Interview Questions

• How many people are connected to the internet right now?   4 Answers