Google Visual Data Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Data Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

I applied through Aerotek, for the position at google maps. I sent the recruiter an email after I submitted my application, and he responded the next day. I was scheduled for a group orientation and one-on-one interview 3 days later with the recruiter, at the end of which he told me to come back in two days for 2 back to back interviews with the google managers. I was told to arrive no later than 8:45am, the interviews started at 9, and to bring a book because I might be there up until 12:45. There were about 30ish other applicants. In true Google style, they had breakfast pastries, coffee, and juice waiting for us. The two google managers were really laid back, and the interviews were more conversational than an interrogation. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Make a map of how you got into this room, starting from the front door of the building.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to ask someone for help doing something you didn't know how to do... or maybe it was "something you were not good at doing"? I don't remember.   Answer Question
No negotiations -- it's a contract position through Aerotek

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Google in August 2013.

The interview process involved two different hiring managers, back to back interviews in the same day. They ask questions about repetitive processes, changing policies, your weaknesses, if you prefer team or solo, projects you may have be unsuccessful with...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in June 2012.

This Visual Data Specialist position was a contract role in Bothell, WA. The staffing agency that first screened me put my name in for this position. About a week later the on-site recruiter interviewed me wanting to know more about my background. I was contacted after that and was asked to come back a week later for another interview with Google management. Both interviews were at their office in Bothell, and this second interview with Google management was with other candidates. We were selected one at a time and interviewed with various members on management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you were able to work successfully in a diverse environment in your work or personal experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.