Gordmans

Relevance Date Difficulty

Temproray Interview

Temproray
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2013.

Interview Details – took a online test then phone call asked when could i interview question i was asked, where, why Gordmans?, what bring me back to the work force? how many hours and what hours i wanted? I was offered a temporary job and later keep as a part time employee

Interview Question – what the most difficute thing that you have to over come in life!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none did not negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
East Peoria, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to my local Gordmans, and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview and met with two of the store managers. They led me into the back room and began asking me questions. Some examples are: what is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it? , why did you choose gordmans? , do you have any prior job experience in retail? , etc. Nothing really too challenging. My interview was fairly easy, and after a while seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given minimum wage, 8.25, which is what I asked for. There was no negotiation on pay, and I was expected to receive 15-20 hours a week as a seasonal employee.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initial interivew with the store manager and then with the District Manager. Very simple and very direct to the point questions. I applied online and had my first interview that same week with an offer after 1 week.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a converstation rather than an actual interview. I believe they do it so people will open up to their true personal feelings rather than scripted answers.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Question – Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Avon, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application for this company while the actual building was still being built. So the application and interviewing process was in a trailer outside the building. After filling out the application, I was asked to take a personality survey on the computer. After that point, I was asked to wait so they could view the results. After they viewed the results, I spoke to the Manager of Stockroom, who interviewed me. After about 5 minutes of simple basic questions - I was hired on the spot and told to return back in 2 weeks for orientation.

Interview Question – All the questions were very general.   Answer Question

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Cashier, Sales Associate
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in person and recieved a call to be interviewed about a month later. Interviewed by the store manager and the department manager. Simple questions about myself and some scenario based questions, nothing too difficult. The managers took a few minutes alone and came back in the room and offerered me the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how I handle stressful situations and how I stay organized when I have several tasks to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They told me what the hourly wage would be and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Nampa, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview which was very very easy they had typical questions and it was only about an hour long which is quick for 5 people. They tell you at the beginning of the interview that you will find out in a week or so if you got the job, but they break you off one by one and tell you that they liked you and you will hear from them soon or they hire you on the spot like I was.

Interview Question – What does our slogan fast fun friendly associates mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation it was a little about minimum wage.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Question – Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordmans

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!