Gordmans Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Temproray Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2013.

took a online test then phone call asked when could i interview question i was asked, where, why Gordmans?, what bring me back to the work force? how many hours and what hours i wanted? I was offered a temporary job and later keep as a part time employee

Interview Questions
    • what the most difficute thing that you have to over come in life!   Answer Question
    none did not negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2014.

I applied online to my local Gordmans, and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview and met with two of the store managers. They led me into the back room and began asking me questions. Some examples are: what is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it? , why did you choose gordmans? , do you have any prior job experience in retail? , etc. Nothing really too challenging. My interview was fairly easy, and after a while seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it?   View Answer
    I was given minimum wage, 8.25, which is what I asked for. There was no negotiation on pay, and I was expected to receive 15-20 hours a week as a seasonal employee.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initial interivew with the store manager and then with the District Manager. Very simple and very direct to the point questions. I applied online and had my first interview that same week with an offer after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a converstation rather than an actual interview. I believe they do it so people will open up to their true personal feelings rather than scripted answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Avon, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in May 2012.

I filled out an application for this company while the actual building was still being built. So the application and interviewing process was in a trailer outside the building. After filling out the application, I was asked to take a personality survey on the computer. After that point, I was asked to wait so they could view the results. After they viewed the results, I spoke to the Manager of Stockroom, who interviewed me. After about 5 minutes of simple basic questions - I was hired on the spot and told to return back in 2 weeks for orientation.

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in August 2010.

Applied in person and recieved a call to be interviewed about a month later. Interviewed by the store manager and the department manager. Simple questions about myself and some scenario based questions, nothing too difficult. The managers took a few minutes alone and came back in the room and offerered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handle stressful situations and how I stay organized when I have several tasks to complete.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They told me what the hourly wage would be and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nampa, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans.

I was called in for a group interview which was very very easy they had typical questions and it was only about an hour long which is quick for 5 people. They tell you at the beginning of the interview that you will find out in a week or so if you got the job, but they break you off one by one and tell you that they liked you and you will hear from them soon or they hire you on the spot like I was.

Interview Questions
    • What does our slogan fast fun friendly associates mean to you?   View Answer
    No negotiation it was a little about minimum wage.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation.

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!