Gordmans

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.8

Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

I had a one on one interview that was done in the middle of the store in the open. It was a very basic and easy question interview process keep you answer positive.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on amount paid

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Very easy, basic questions like why you want the job, talked about past work history. Very easy! The interview was very quick and she was very nice and easy to talk to. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. After a day or two she called me back and offered the job.

Was no negotiation.

Sales Associate/Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordmans in November 2014.

Online application or in store. Highly recommend going in store and introducing yourself to the manager. Can fill out application in store. Be polite and energetic. Smile a lot and be genuine

Was no negotiating. Said I'd get $8.25 an hour

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans.

Basic interview they will outline your job experience and are looking for you to turn negatives into learning experience and want to see you are will to challenge some one if you have an idea just stick to it. Make sure you are direct with your answers if you are Appling for ops they want, Organization, Multi tasking skills, Hiring/ Recruiting background, Detail oriented, through beyond measure and the ability to drive and strive for results

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected other then questions about my hobbies and interests   Answer Question
    They low ball but I declined, gave a number I needed and 2 days later they called me back and gave it to me

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans.

I did an application online and received a call the following week. When I got there I could tell the manager was busy, she was extremely nice though. Pretty much she just listed the job requirements and then ask me did I have any questions, I asked a nice amount of questions and we actually had a nice conversation! She called me back that night and offered me a position!

No negotiation

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in October 2014.

I had only two interview questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses. The woman who interviewed me was very laid back (in a good way), very flexible with scheduling, which was very important to me since I have to share a car with a friend. They hired me on the spot!

No negotiations were made.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

The store manager did my interview. I think it was his office. His office very messy. He was constantly trying to find a pen or certain papers. He was constantly leaving the room to go get certain papers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience in a retail store before?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied during the summer online. Later on I had gotten an email about a job fair they were having at one of their stores, I was called in for an interview and hired that day. I was asked whether or not I wanted full-time, part-time, or seasonal, and they said they were fine with whichever I wanted. They asked the usual interview questions (Why do you want to work for us? What's one word that describes you? How would you handle _______.) During the interview they also gave me suggestions and helpful hints for what I should do in a certain situation. The hiring process was very quick, smooth, and easy.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Seasonal Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied online. The online process took around 30 minutes. Super easy questions, just time consuming. A week later they called and set up an interview for the following Monday. At the interview, it was a little weird. We walked around the store a couple times while she was interviewing me. They offered me the job on the spot.

No negotiation.