Gordmans

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Avon, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application for this company while the actual building was still being built. So the application and interviewing process was in a trailer outside the building. After filling out the application, I was asked to take a personality survey on the computer. After that point, I was asked to wait so they could view the results. After they viewed the results, I spoke to the Manager of Stockroom, who interviewed me. After about 5 minutes of simple basic questions - I was hired on the spot and told to return back in 2 weeks for orientation.

Interview Question – All the questions were very general.   Answer Question

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied in person and recieved a call to be interviewed about a month later. Interviewed by the store manager and the department manager. Simple questions about myself and some scenario based questions, nothing too difficult. The managers took a few minutes alone and came back in the room and offerered me the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how I handle stressful situations and how I stay organized when I have several tasks to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They told me what the hourly wage would be and I accepted.

Nampa, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview which was very very easy they had typical questions and it was only about an hour long which is quick for 5 people. They tell you at the beginning of the interview that you will find out in a week or so if you got the job, but they break you off one by one and tell you that they liked you and you will hear from them soon or they hire you on the spot like I was.

Interview Question – What does our slogan fast fun friendly associates mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation it was a little about minimum wage.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Question – Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Ogden, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – one group interview. SUPER easy lots of how do you feel about... and tell me about a time when...

Interview Question – Nothing hard at all   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Question – He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gordmans in July 2011.

Interview Details – Was given two interviews, one with department lead and one with store manager. It was a little bit of a wait since they where busy when i got there. Everything went good and within a couple of days i got the call that they were offering me a job position.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Cashi Interview

Appleton, WI

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Assistant Manager no longer there was good interviewer.

Interview Question – Salary   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Low hourly pay, but decided tg try it out.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gordmans interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gordmans employees and interview candidates.