Gordmans

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

1.8

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans.

Basic interview they will outline your job experience and are looking for you to turn negatives into learning experience and want to see you are will to challenge some one if you have an idea just stick to it. Make sure you are direct with your answers if you are Appling for ops they want, Organization, Multi tasking skills, Hiring/ Recruiting background, Detail oriented, through beyond measure and the ability to drive and strive for results

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected other then questions about my hobbies and interests   Answer Question
    They low ball but I declined, gave a number I needed and 2 days later they called me back and gave it to me

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans.

I did an application online and received a call the following week. When I got there I could tell the manager was busy, she was extremely nice though. Pretty much she just listed the job requirements and then ask me did I have any questions, I asked a nice amount of questions and we actually had a nice conversation! She called me back that night and offered me a position!

No negotiation

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in October 2014.

I had only two interview questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses. The woman who interviewed me was very laid back (in a good way), very flexible with scheduling, which was very important to me since I have to share a car with a friend. They hired me on the spot!

No negotiations were made.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

The store manager did my interview. I think it was his office. His office very messy. He was constantly trying to find a pen or certain papers. He was constantly leaving the room to go get certain papers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience in a retail store before?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied during the summer online. Later on I had gotten an email about a job fair they were having at one of their stores, I was called in for an interview and hired that day. I was asked whether or not I wanted full-time, part-time, or seasonal, and they said they were fine with whichever I wanted. They asked the usual interview questions (Why do you want to work for us? What's one word that describes you? How would you handle _______.) During the interview they also gave me suggestions and helpful hints for what I should do in a certain situation. The hiring process was very quick, smooth, and easy.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Seasonal Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied online. The online process took around 30 minutes. Super easy questions, just time consuming. A week later they called and set up an interview for the following Monday. At the interview, it was a little weird. We walked around the store a couple times while she was interviewing me. They offered me the job on the spot.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans in June 2014.

I applied online to my local Gordmans, and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview and met with two of the store managers. They led me into the back room and began asking me questions. Some examples are: what is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it? , why did you choose gordmans? , do you have any prior job experience in retail? , etc. Nothing really too challenging. My interview was fairly easy, and after a while seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it?   View Answer
    I was given minimum wage, 8.25, which is what I asked for. There was no negotiation on pay, and I was expected to receive 15-20 hours a week as a seasonal employee.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans.

Initial interivew with the store manager and then with the District Manager. Very simple and very direct to the point questions. I applied online and had my first interview that same week with an offer after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a converstation rather than an actual interview. I believe they do it so people will open up to their true personal feelings rather than scripted answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer