Gordmans Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.7

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a day or two later to come in for an interview that week. It was me and the store manager. It was overall a chill type environment. He asked basic interview questions that all jobs typically ask.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Midvale, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called a few hours after I applied online, and had the interview the next day. Another person was waiting for their interview. I waited towards the customer service desk, and the hiring manager approached me. She was very nice and asked me the usual barrage of questions in her office. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Explain a time you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Batavia, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview took probably 30 minutes. Super easy and the lady interviewing was very nice. It was my fist interview and it was a lot better than expected. I applied online then the next day I got a call asking for an interview that morning, I chose next morning and it was great.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Brief. Answered question with two people then was handed the job at minimum even though I had past experience in retail and customer service. I basically have the keys to the same places the managers do but don't get paid. At all.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Stockroom Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Minot, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

Great! It was more of a conversation than an interview, easy and relaxed. I didn't get the job (it was reposted, and I applied again because I'm determined and it's a job made for me) but sent an email thanking the Hiring Manager for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been in Retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Okemos, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for an interview. When I went in for the interview it was only 8 minutes long. When I went in only one person was there and he seemed to like me. They were very friendly, since this was my first job a lot of the questions did not apply, and he had to alter them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not in the position to negotiate since this is my first job.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I had a one on one interview that was done in the middle of the store in the open. It was a very basic and easy question interview process keep you answer positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on amount paid

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions like why you want the job, talked about past work history. Very easy! The interview was very quick and she was very nice and easy to talk to. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. After a day or two she called me back and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Basic interview they will outline your job experience and are looking for you to turn negatives into learning experience and want to see you are will to challenge some one if you have an idea just stick to it. Make sure you are direct with your answers if you are Appling for ops they want, Organization, Multi tasking skills, Hiring/ Recruiting background, Detail oriented, through beyond measure and the ability to drive and strive for results

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected other then questions about my hobbies and interests   Answer Question

Negotiation

They low ball but I declined, gave a number I needed and 2 days later they called me back and gave it to me

Sales Associate/Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application or in store. Highly recommend going in store and introducing yourself to the manager. Can fill out application in store. Be polite and energetic. Smile a lot and be genuine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiating. Said I'd get $8.25 an hour