Gordmans

24 candidate interviews

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initially submitted an online application to a corporate position and I received a phone call from a corporate recruiter. The recruiter said I was over qualified for the position and suggested I interview for a store managers position. I proceeded to tke some online tests, complete another application and was given an phone interview.

Interview Questions

Teller Interview

Teller
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2009.

Interview Details – At first I filled out an online application. After doing so, I received an email confirmation with a phone number from which I was going to receive a phone call. After exactly one week, I got the phone call with the hiring manager to set up my first interview which was going to be a phone interview with the same hiring manager. They were very exact from the start, for example: scheduling the phone interview was going to be exactly three days from the first contact at exactly 8:00 AM. I went through the interview, which was a 15 min phone call after which the manager told me the time I was to be at the Wells Fargo offices for a group interview, which was exactly in one week, also at 8:00 AM while they were going to conduct a background check.
The group interview was actually quite easy, being questioned as a group with the same question posed to each candidate allowing for some time to mull over an answer. The interviewers themselves were going to be our direct supervisors and they were actually quite friendly and nonthreatening. At the end of the interview, each interviewer asked some of their own questions that were not routine as well as gave a chance to the candidates to ask their own questions. After all that, the interviewers informally told all the candidates that we got the job with the formal process starting on the first scheduled day of work.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to answer was a general, non specific "Tell me about yourself?" For which several candidates asked if the interviewers could be more specific to which they replied with the same "Well, just tell me about yourself?"   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Question – Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Question – Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
East Peoria, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to my local Gordmans, and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview and met with two of the store managers. They led me into the back room and began asking me questions. Some examples are: what is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it? , why did you choose gordmans? , do you have any prior job experience in retail? , etc. Nothing really too challenging. My interview was fairly easy, and after a while seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given minimum wage, 8.25, which is what I asked for. There was no negotiation on pay, and I was expected to receive 15-20 hours a week as a seasonal employee.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview which was very very easy they had typical questions and it was only about an hour long which is quick for 5 people. They tell you at the beginning of the interview that you will find out in a week or so if you got the job, but they break you off one by one and tell you that they liked you and you will hear from them soon or they hire you on the spot like I was.

Interview Question – What does our slogan fast fun friendly associates mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation it was a little about minimum wage.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Nampa, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2011.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online and was contacted by the store manager. We met for almost two hours just having a nice conversation and getting a feel for one another. He then set me up to visit another store manager. This meeting was about an hour long and very similar to the first. I then had a phone interview with a district manager and finally took the Kenexa. I then waited about a week to receive an offer.

Interview Question – If you had to chose between one employee who is exceptional or two who are mediocre which would you chose.   View Answer

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – I heard if the position on a job website. I went into the store to apply since applying online was not an option. There was a general application and a personality test, I was asked if I could ful out the application in store immediately. About five days later the manager called and scheduled me for and interview the following tuesday. It was a simple process, it didnt take long.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordmans

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!