Gordmans

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordmans in November 2009.

Initially submitted an online application to a corporate position and I received a phone call from a corporate recruiter. The recruiter said I was over qualified for the position and suggested I interview for a store managers position. I proceeded to tke some online tests, complete another application and was given an phone interview.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in November 2009.

At first I filled out an online application. After doing so, I received an email confirmation with a phone number from which I was going to receive a phone call. After exactly one week, I got the phone call with the hiring manager to set up my first interview which was going to be a phone interview with the same hiring manager. They were very exact from the start, for example: scheduling the phone interview was going to be exactly three days from the first contact at exactly 8:00 AM. I went through the interview, which was a 15 min phone call after which the manager told me the time I was to be at the Wells Fargo offices for a group interview, which was exactly in one week, also at 8:00 AM while they were going to conduct a background check.
    The group interview was actually quite easy, being questioned as a group with the same question posed to each candidate allowing for some time to mull over an answer. The interviewers themselves were going to be our direct supervisors and they were actually quite friendly and nonthreatening. At the end of the interview, each interviewer asked some of their own questions that were not routine as well as gave a chance to the candidates to ask their own questions. After all that, the interviewers informally told all the candidates that we got the job with the formal process starting on the first scheduled day of work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to answer was a general, non specific "Tell me about yourself?" For which several candidates asked if the interviewers could be more specific to which they replied with the same "Well, just tell me about yourself?"   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gordmans.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer

Seasonal Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied online. The online process took around 30 minutes. Super easy questions, just time consuming. A week later they called and set up an interview for the following Monday. At the interview, it was a little weird. We walked around the store a couple times while she was interviewing me. They offered me the job on the spot.

No negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordmans.

Basic interview they will outline your job experience and are looking for you to turn negatives into learning experience and want to see you are will to challenge some one if you have an idea just stick to it. Make sure you are direct with your answers if you are Appling for ops they want, Organization, Multi tasking skills, Hiring/ Recruiting background, Detail oriented, through beyond measure and the ability to drive and strive for results

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected other then questions about my hobbies and interests   Answer Question
    They low ball but I declined, gave a number I needed and 2 days later they called me back and gave it to me

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

The store manager did my interview. I think it was his office. His office very messy. He was constantly trying to find a pen or certain papers. He was constantly leaving the room to go get certain papers.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience in a retail store before?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordmans in November 2014.

Online application or in store. Highly recommend going in store and introducing yourself to the manager. Can fill out application in store. Be polite and energetic. Smile a lot and be genuine

Was no negotiating. Said I'd get $8.25 an hour

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in March 2011.

Quick and easy, got recruited, did a phone interview, did a interview with store manager, did a interview with district manager, did another phone interview, filled out 2 assessments, did a final interview, then got an offer. They did not negotiate at all it was either take it or leave it.

nothing.