Gordmans Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

1.7

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Brief. Answered question with two people then was handed the job at minimum even though I had past experience in retail and customer service. I basically have the keys to the same places the managers do but don't get paid. At all.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Stockroom Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gordmans (Minot, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

Great! It was more of a conversation than an interview, easy and relaxed. I didn't get the job (it was reposted, and I applied again because I'm determined and it's a job made for me) but sent an email thanking the Hiring Manager for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been in Retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordmans (Okemos, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for an interview. When I went in for the interview it was only 8 minutes long. When I went in only one person was there and he seemed to like me. They were very friendly, since this was my first job a lot of the questions did not apply, and he had to alter them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not in the position to negotiate since this is my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gordmans (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out the job application online then they took awhile to call but I finally got a call about two months later, went in for simple interview a couple days after they called me and I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot and started two days later

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to ask for phone numbers for the rewards cards   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gordmans (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

very simple. Interviewer was very straight to the point and asked very easy questions.It took multiple calls to the store to be offered the interview but once i was in for the interview the process was very simple. I was offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They simply asked me about my previous job history   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordmans (Vernon Hills, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

easy interview process. you meet with one or two managers and you get a decision on the spot. no phone screens, no second interviews. Managers are easy to talk to, and you get to dress casual for the interview as well.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans (Des Moines, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

Met with the store manager, the supervisor I reported to, and discussed my experiences. The interview was quite painless. The store policies and expectations were discussed. My background and experiences were discussed. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Interview was quite painless. Discussed my experience and the store's expectations. No specific interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what the pay was and that was that.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I had a one on one interview that was done in the middle of the store in the open. It was a very basic and easy question interview process keep you answer positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on amount paid

Sales Associate/Guest Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordmans (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application or in store. Highly recommend going in store and introducing yourself to the manager. Can fill out application in store. Be polite and energetic. Smile a lot and be genuine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiating. Said I'd get $8.25 an hour

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions like why you want the job, talked about past work history. Very easy! The interview was very quick and she was very nice and easy to talk to. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. After a day or two she called me back and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation.