Gordmans Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied during the summer online. Later on I had gotten an email about a job fair they were having at one of their stores, I was called in for an interview and hired that day. I was asked whether or not I wanted full-time, part-time, or seasonal, and they said they were fine with whichever I wanted. They asked the usual interview questions (Why do you want to work for us? What's one word that describes you? How would you handle _______.) During the interview they also gave me suggestions and helpful hints for what I should do in a certain situation. The hiring process was very quick, smooth, and easy.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2014.

I applied online to my local Gordmans, and about 2 weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I arrived at my interview and met with two of the store managers. They led me into the back room and began asking me questions. Some examples are: what is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it? , why did you choose gordmans? , do you have any prior job experience in retail? , etc. Nothing really too challenging. My interview was fairly easy, and after a while seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how do you overcome it?   View Answer
    I was given minimum wage, 8.25, which is what I asked for. There was no negotiation on pay, and I was expected to receive 15-20 hours a week as a seasonal employee.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initial interivew with the store manager and then with the District Manager. Very simple and very direct to the point questions. I applied online and had my first interview that same week with an offer after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a converstation rather than an actual interview. I believe they do it so people will open up to their true personal feelings rather than scripted answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans.

I was called in for a group interview which was very very easy they had typical questions and it was only about an hour long which is quick for 5 people. They tell you at the beginning of the interview that you will find out in a week or so if you got the job, but they break you off one by one and tell you that they liked you and you will hear from them soon or they hire you on the spot like I was.

Interview Questions
    • What does our slogan fast fun friendly associates mean to you?   View Answer
    No negotiation it was a little about minimum wage.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Gordmans.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation.

Temproray Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2013.

took a online test then phone call asked when could i interview question i was asked, where, why Gordmans?, what bring me back to the work force? how many hours and what hours i wanted? I was offered a temporary job and later keep as a part time employee

Interview Questions
    • what the most difficute thing that you have to over come in life!   Answer Question
    none did not negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Questions
    • He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!