Gordmans Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordmans (Okemos, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for an interview. When I went in for the interview it was only 8 minutes long. When I went in only one person was there and he seemed to like me. They were very friendly, since this was my first job a lot of the questions did not apply, and he had to alter them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not in the position to negotiate since this is my first job.

Other Interview Reviews for Gordmans

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions like why you want the job, talked about past work history. Very easy! The interview was very quick and she was very nice and easy to talk to. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. After a day or two she called me back and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans (Blue Springs, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

Interview

I applied during the summer online. Later on I had gotten an email about a job fair they were having at one of their stores, I was called in for an interview and hired that day. I was asked whether or not I wanted full-time, part-time, or seasonal, and they said they were fine with whichever I wanted. They asked the usual interview questions (Why do you want to work for us? What's one word that describes you? How would you handle _______.) During the interview they also gave me suggestions and helpful hints for what I should do in a certain situation. The hiring process was very quick, smooth, and easy.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gordmans (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out the job application online then they took awhile to call but I finally got a call about two months later, went in for simple interview a couple days after they called me and I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot and started two days later

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to ask for phone numbers for the rewards cards   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Questions

• He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gordmans (Green Bay, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I filled out an app in-store, they called me for an "interview," but when I showed up they said "you got the job, let me give you a tour of your department"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, mimumum wage only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordmans (South Jordan, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

The manager was nice and joked but he just explained the job to me and asked my experience. Quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gordmans (Ogden, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

one group interview. SUPER easy lots of how do you feel about... and tell me about a time when...