Gordmans

1.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

It was very relaxed, they were kind, and asked casual questions. I was hired right on the spot and they were joking and smiling. I was asked the usual questions, the guy was not intimidating, and I was happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you? What would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
I accepted, I was paid more than minimum wage and offered good hours.

Other Interview Reviews for Gordmans

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2014.

I applied during the summer online. Later on I had gotten an email about a job fair they were having at one of their stores, I was called in for an interview and hired that day. I was asked whether or not I wanted full-time, part-time, or seasonal, and they said they were fine with whichever I wanted. They asked the usual interview questions (Why do you want to work for us? What's one word that describes you? How would you handle _______.) During the interview they also gave me suggestions and helpful hints for what I should do in a certain situation. The hiring process was very quick, smooth, and easy.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordmans.

I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Questions
    • He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I filled out an app in-store, they called me for an "interview," but when I showed up they said "you got the job, let me give you a tour of your department"

None, mimumum wage only

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordmans in November 2012.

The manager was nice and joked but he just explained the job to me and asked my experience. Quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

one group interview. SUPER easy lots of how do you feel about... and tell me about a time when...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

I heard if the position on a job website. I went into the store to apply since applying online was not an option. There was a general application and a personality test, I was asked if I could ful out the application in store immediately. About five days later the manager called and scheduled me for and interview the following tuesday. It was a simple process, it didnt take long.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordmans in August 2009.

Applied in-store. In addition to the standard application, the Kenexa Retail Selector and Predictive Index personality tests were administered. The application took me about 50 minutes start-to-finish. Recieved a call back approximately a week later, asking for me to call back to set up an interview. Interview was scheduled in the morning. I arrived and was welcomed by the Store Manager after about 3 minutes. We 'walked and talked' and ended up in one spot in the store. The interview was more of a conversation than a question-answer session, and I appreciated this. Since I had prior retail experience, we ended up trading stories and funny personal work anecdotes. Overall, a very inviting and friendly experience and it turned out well-I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you choosing to apply with us when you have another job already?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was pretty much non-existent, since I was not applying for an exempt, Management position. I was able to start at the top of the payscale due to my prior retail experience and was told that I probably could expect a raise within one year.