Gordmans

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nampa, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordmans in February 2012.

Interview Details – The store was just being opened so they had a mass hiring process. Went in to apply and got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Was interviewed by all 3 managers at the same time. Very basic questions I think they were just looking for enough bodies to fill their store that met the criteria of the questionnaire they gave at the application site (basic behavioral questionnaire) and if you came across friendly and willing to work. Was offered the job at the interview and scheduled my orientation for that week.

Interview Question – They were all very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What experience in retail do you have? What do you know about gordmans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me what they could offer me and I accepted the offer.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordmans in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the process took about 1 week. I had an interview the day after they called me. The interview had 3 other people interviewing, plus the manager interviewing us. Asked us about our best customer service experience, why we deserve the job, etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected question, just asked "can you 'upsale'?", "name the best cust. experience you've had", "tell about yourself"   Answer Question

South Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in November 2012.

Interview Details – The manager was nice and joked but he just explained the job to me and asked my experience. Quick.

Interview Question – None. It was all common sense.   Answer Question

Ogden, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – one group interview. SUPER easy lots of how do you feel about... and tell me about a time when...

Interview Question – Nothing hard at all   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Question – He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gordmans

Interview Details – I filled out an app in-store, they called me for an "interview," but when I showed up they said "you got the job, let me give you a tour of your department"

Interview Question – No questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, mimumum wage only

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Gordmans in June 2012.

Interview Details – I heard if the position on a job website. I went into the store to apply since applying online was not an option. There was a general application and a personality test, I was asked if I could ful out the application in store immediately. About five days later the manager called and scheduled me for and interview the following tuesday. It was a simple process, it didnt take long.

Interview Question – What would you say is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordmans in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in-store. In addition to the standard application, the Kenexa Retail Selector and Predictive Index personality tests were administered. The application took me about 50 minutes start-to-finish. Recieved a call back approximately a week later, asking for me to call back to set up an interview. Interview was scheduled in the morning. I arrived and was welcomed by the Store Manager after about 3 minutes. We 'walked and talked' and ended up in one spot in the store. The interview was more of a conversation than a question-answer session, and I appreciated this. Since I had prior retail experience, we ended up trading stories and funny personal work anecdotes. Overall, a very inviting and friendly experience and it turned out well-I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Question – Why are you choosing to apply with us when you have another job already?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty much non-existent, since I was not applying for an exempt, Management position. I was able to start at the top of the payscale due to my prior retail experience and was told that I probably could expect a raise within one year.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordmans

Worked for Gordmans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gordmans Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gordmans employees and interview candidates.