Gordon Biersch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Host Interview

Host
Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gordon Biersch in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and two days later, I was called for an interview. It was one on one and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. We sat at one of the tables, and it was pretty busy. She said she enjoyed the interview and that she was going to recommend me for a second interview. It's been almost three weeks and nothing. I even called back, but they told me they were still doing interviews.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty basic. How do you deal with rude customers? Tell me about yourself. Why Gordan Biersch?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gordon Biersch in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was called and brought in for an interview. Spoke with two people and seemingly went well. Was told I would be contacted at beginning of week and didn't hear back until Thursday that they did not want to hire me.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Busser Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordon Biersch in January 2012.

Interview Details – quick 1 on 1 interview about 5min. only went through the application. talked a little about the job unless i asked questions, which i did. at the end said they'd call if they're interested. they didnt call

Interview Question – What days/hours are you available?   View Answer

Server Interview

Server
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gordon Biersch in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had two interviews: the first was literally five minutes long and was a chance to talk about yourself openly. The interview ended by asking you to tell them a joke--an important part of the process that displays your personality (very important to them). The second interview lasted 20 minutes and they asked for a joke again.

Interview Question – Tell us one of your favorite jokes?   Answer Question

Brewer Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gordon Biersch in January 2009.

Interview Details – They seemed very full of themselves as a company. They had grand plans on the restaurant side, but brewing seemed secondary at best. Their priorities had more to to with the restaurant side of the business.

Interview Question – Wan you lift 55 pounds repetedly?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – low salary

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gordon Biersch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gordon Biersch interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gordon Biersch employees and interview candidates.