1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Document Products (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

I applied for the position through Monster.com, and got a callback the next day. She had me take one of those ridiculous intelligence tests, which I usually do well on. The The HR Manager called back and was extremely anxious to get me to an interview and even tried to schedule for that day. After finding out some details (salary was low for the position), I declined an interview. After a week, things at my current job got worse so I called back. I arrived at the interview on time, and the first employee (S/R person I think) was quite grumpy. I walked into the lobby and introduced myself to the receptionist. I noticed the hardwood floor in the lobby had been patched with wood 'look' tape!! The building was kinda dumpy. The place had a negative vibe..no person I encountered smiled. I took yet another 'personality' test on a computer after the current IT guy (turns out I was there to interview for his job - he'd been there only 2 months - RED flag) fixed the PC I was trying to use. Interviewed with a few other folks, all okay..until I met with the CEO. This guy decided to grill me and give me some 'fatherly' advice. I can see why people seemed unhappy there...this guy had a king sized ego and came across like he had it all figured out. He told me to go back and make up with my current boss (lol). He also said he was tired of the turnover and wanted someone who wanted to stay..seems to me that people leave jobs that they don't like. I didn't get an offer and was glad to leave there. Job searchers beware!

Interview Questions

• Why have you switched jobs 4 times in the past 10 years? (I was asked NO technical questions in my interview)   1 Answer
  • What makes you think you are worth $__ per year?   1 Answer