Gordon Document Products Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordon Document Products.

GDP screens applicants extensively. I had a phone interview and was invited to complete an application on line, take a couple of test and then interview in person. I spoke to the recruiter and sales manager. Then I was asked to come in for a full day and shadow another Rep. I really appreciated that because I saw exactly what a day is like. I then supplied references; took a drug test and was asked to interview with the company President. All in all, a very professional and extensive process.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer in writing and I enthusiastically accepted it. Almost three years later i am still there and loving it. I learn everyday and the pay plan allows me to kill it - all I have to do is sell.

Sales Representatitve Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gordon Document Products in July 2012.

I posted my resume on Monster.com and a couple days later the hiring manager contacted me to schedule an interview. During the interview, I was asked normal questions that were clearly centered around my work experience and work ethic. I was asked to take a personality test and a test geared around gauging my intelligence. These were something I was used to based on my previous experience with interviews. A unique part of the interview process was being asked to spend a day with a sales rep to ensure that I was the right fit for the company, and to make sure the company was the right fit for me. I thought this was actually pretty beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to ride along with a sales rep for a day and really get into the feel of the position.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was typical, with a little back and forth on both sides, but it was fair overall.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gordon Document Products in June 2012.

I was required to complete the usual application, take a couple of test and interview with 3 people. Everyone was pleasant and professional. I could not have been treated more politely, from the receptionist to the President of the company who took time to speak with me. I appreciated the time he took to explain a career path in sales. The company has been in business f or 25 years , has a great reputation and found me actually at UGa career center. I am still looking for a sales position and hope to return to interview there when I get a couple years experience. I also learned that while they don't pay a huge salary, you can earn a lot of money through commissions, which is what I am looking for. They also have an extensive training program. I've been on several interviews and this was one of the best experiences, I just wish they had hired me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are qualified for a job in sales with our company?   View Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Gordon Document Products in April 2012.

I applied for the position through Monster.com, and got a callback the next day. She had me take one of those ridiculous intelligence tests, which I usually do well on. The The HR Manager called back and was extremely anxious to get me to an interview and even tried to schedule for that day. After finding out some details (salary was low for the position), I declined an interview. After a week, things at my current job got worse so I called back. I arrived at the interview on time, and the first employee (S/R person I think) was quite grumpy. I walked into the lobby and introduced myself to the receptionist. I noticed the hardwood floor in the lobby had been patched with wood 'look' tape!! The building was kinda dumpy. The place had a negative vibe..no person I encountered smiled. I took yet another 'personality' test on a computer after the current IT guy (turns out I was there to interview for his job - he'd been there only 2 months - RED flag) fixed the PC I was trying to use. Interviewed with a few other folks, all okay..until I met with the CEO. This guy decided to grill me and give me some 'fatherly' advice. I can see why people seemed unhappy there...this guy had a king sized ego and came across like he had it all figured out. He told me to go back and make up with my current boss (lol). He also said he was tired of the turnover and wanted someone who wanted to stay..seems to me that people leave jobs that they don't like. I didn't get an offer and was glad to leave there. Job searchers beware!

Interview Questions
    • Why have you switched jobs 4 times in the past 10 years? (I was asked NO technical questions in my interview)   View Answer
    • What makes you think you are worth $__ per year?   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gordon Document Products.

Applied through monster.com, recieved a phone call two weeks later to see if I was still interested. Had my first interview the following week with the owner, took personality and intelligence tests. The owner and I talked about what he envisioned me doing for the company, my experience, past work history, and what I could do for the company. He seemed excited about my potential. After they called my references I received an offer the following week, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How would your supervisor describe you?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gordon Document Products

Worked for Gordon Document Products? Contribute to the Community!