Gordon Food Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in October 2011.

Interview Details – Round-robin type hiring style. Moved from team to team getting interviewed 3 times. The people were reasonable, but it was a bit of a whirlwind. There were no breaks, and you got a lot of the same questions over and over again.

Interview Question – Write a method that converts a state short code to the actual state name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They'll talk a lot about how great the company culture is, ignore it. They'll also talk about how great the benefits are, but they really are just decent.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in June 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview over the phone. Multiple interviews. Hired as intern. Management was very thorough. The process was very fair. They are looking for people who are highly skilled. Pretty professional throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to be creative.   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in June 2010.

Interview Details – Average. The process from start to finish was about 2 weeks. 3 interviews, drug test.

Interview Question – What do you know about Gordon Food Service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, easy, easy.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in August 2012.

Interview Details – I have a background in warehousing and after completing my bachelors in business I applied for this position. I was first contacted by a HR representative, a rep I have had a rough past with, to schedule and interview. A lot of the questions were about experience which, based on the information I received from a friend in this position, there is no way to get experience for the type of software they use for product acquisition. They seemed very unimpressed with my achievements and proceeded to give a not-so-soft let down by asking me if I was capable of dressing up every day to come to work and if I could sit still at a workstation. Funny since one was dressed in a tie die mumu and the other looked like a bottle of mustard in all yellow clothing.

Interview Question – They like to try and corner you and ask things like what would your friends and coworkers say about you. Have you ever been in a situation where something unsafe, wrong, or illegal was happening and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in May 2011.

Interview Details – First thing was a phone interview. After that they gave me a face to face interview with the HR person. Once past that point I interviewed with the manager of the position and their manager as well. I had one more interview and after that was offered the job.

Interview Question – Typical question but what do you see yourself doing in 5 to 10 years?   Answer Question

Pal Interview

Pal
Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews with the recruiter and HR at Gordon Foodservice. There were alot of questions including a few that were unexpected. One question 'Describe your perfect day at work' believe it or not seemed to be the toughest. I am not sure what kind of answer they were looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me about your current position.   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Category Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very helpful HR staff, but very slow going.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Salary wasn't enough to convince me to leave my current employer.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Gordon Food Service in April 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview with HR and it was a behavioral interview that lasted 45 minutes. It was almost 2 1/2 weeks later and they called me back for a 1:1 group/panel interview that consisted of two potential co-workers and the hiring manager. That interview was mostly a conversational interview. After that interview, they called me back a day after that interview and set up another 1:1 interview a week later with the hiring manager, his boss, and an HR Representative. That interview was mostly conversational - a few behavioral questions towards the end of it. They told me it would be a couple of weeks and they would get back to me. It was down to me and another candidate for the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a difficult person to work with that may not have been on your team, but you still needed to get information from them that may not be a priority to them, but it is to you. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Worked for Gordon Food Service? Contribute to the Community!