Gordon Food Service

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Applied online and initially contacted for a phone interview by HR in a week or so. Both of the interviews are customer service centric. "Tell me about a time when" if you have decent customer service skills you will be advanced to the sit down interview. Your interview will be with the store manager and the district manager and it is about a hour long. The store manager has most of the leverage in making the decision for this position.

Interview Questions
    The offer was a little higher then I was told it would be. Try to get your starting salary as high as possible because the raises are a joke.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Phone screening with recruiter followed by onsite interview with direct managers. They have a list of situational type interview questions to use as a guide. Length of interview was 1 hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

I was called in after applying two weeks prior. The manager looked at my application submitted online which had been printed out. I was offered 45 cents over minimum wage. After minimum wage was raised to 8.50 months later I was told I would be receiving 8.50. Raises based on certifications were not applied or even discussed.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. They give you a hair test for some reason, considering its minimum wage I don't see why.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Hiring process lasted more than a month. First there is a video interview with prompted questions that you record answers. This is followed by interviews with the territory manager and then the district manager. The interviews are pretty lengthy (more than an hour) and ask personality type questions- i.e how you would handle certain situations. After 3 interviews, no further contact was made and I was never told thanks but not thanks. This was despite following up and be told "talent" will be in contact.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in November 2014.

Have completed 1 Interview so far. The manager asked me basic questions that I have received just about everywhere. Management seem like good people and I was told they needed to interview a few more people still.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Applied for the entry-level sales role. Completed a video interview, and was then contacted a week later for an in person interview. Was asked situation based questions. Before a decision was made on my employment, I was told to go and visit 10 restaurants to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were under a strict deadline and was under pressure.   View Answer

Did not believe the position was a good fit.

Outside Food Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Applied online through their website. First interview was a self guided video interview that I submitted online. Got a phone call not too long after for face to face interview. Followed that up with another face to face. Eventually you will ride along with a current employee. You have to be dressed up as that is their calling card compared to their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen.
      A customer wants to drink with you to celebrate a huge contract but this is prohibited. Do you do it? What if they tell you they will cancel if you don't?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallmadge, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallmadge, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in July 2014.

The Interview process was very fast yet very specific and detailed, asking about my past retail experience and qualifications. They also provided clear and detailed expectations of the specific position and requirements for the position including pre employment requirements. They did not give a paper copy of a job description, yet they gave a verbal one, and asked if I had any questions for me, and when I said that I did not, I was immediately hired, given company orientation that day, and given a work schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Why they should select me for the position.   View Answer
    I was immediately hired and put into orientation that same day as a matter of fact

Sales and Service Assistance Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Starts with a phone screen. Then you interview with the District Manager. All questions asked revolve around what you have already done involving customer service or customer interactions. Using the S-situation A-action R-result format. Then you would interview with the area manager.

Selector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Phone interview then face to face with selector supervisor. The supervisor I interviewed with was very nice & fair. He informed me that Gordon has never had a layoff in it's entire history.