Gordon Food Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview by Human Resources Department. They ask about your experience, availability and also give you questions to answer in your own words using personal experiences. If the person calling from the Human Resources Dept feel you are a good match He/She will forward your application on to the store manager. You'll receive a call in a day or two from the Store Manager and He/She sets up an in-person interview. He also gives you a couple of questions to answer based on your personal experience. The interview is no cake walk. I had 3 other interviews that same week with different stores; 2 of the three extended offers and I turned down both because of the way the interviewer answered my questions and how difficult their questions were. After all, I want to make sure the company is a good match for me as well. So I want to feel out who I will be working for and Gordon Food Services Store Manager and HR Dept impressed me. I was extended an offer the next day, which I gladly accepted, because I could see myself being apart of The Gordon Food Service Family.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest flaw and something you need to work on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

The first interview is with the Store Manager my interview went well and I did my second interview the same day with the Assistant Manager. The interview process was around half and hour for each interview. They did take a hair sample for a drug screening. You do have to watch a lot of cheesy workplace videos and fill out some information during those videos. They will take you on a tour of the store. You have to sign off on a lot of training papers, the training takes a while but is well worth it.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first was with HR. It was a breeze. Was called back for a second interview and waited 2 hours because the manager that was suppose to interview me claimed he had no idea, soI had to interview with the site manager. Site manager was very busy kept me waiting in his office another 15 minutes before I could interview. Only person who was apologetic about me having to wait 2+ hours was the receptionist.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Vienna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (South Vienna, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

After accepting a phone interview date, you are provided with youtube links to short videos demonstrating job functions. The phone interview was a brief thirty minute conversation mostly concerned with, from what I gathered, details concerning your work ethic. From this step, if interested, one will be contacted by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you and your team achieved a goal.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in April 2015.

Interview

They called me to interview I met with the assistant and store manager, they asked questions to get to know me as a person and as an employee. They ask about previous Work and if you have experience in the position you are applying for they do hair drug test the day of orientation and also conduct an background check

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call 5 business days later and was called in for an interview later that day. Was interviewed by the assistant manager and was asked to come for second interview next day. Got the job on spot.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Applied online and initially contacted for a phone interview by HR in a week or so. Both of the interviews are customer service centric. "Tell me about a time when" if you have decent customer service skills you will be advanced to the sit down interview. Your interview will be with the store manager and the district manager and it is about a hour long. The store manager has most of the leverage in making the decision for this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was a little higher then I was told it would be. Try to get your starting salary as high as possible because the raises are a joke.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter followed by onsite interview with direct managers. They have a list of situational type interview questions to use as a guide. Length of interview was 1 hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

I was called in after applying two weeks prior. The manager looked at my application submitted online which had been printed out. I was offered 45 cents over minimum wage. After minimum wage was raised to 8.50 months later I was told I would be receiving 8.50. Raises based on certifications were not applied or even discussed.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. They give you a hair test for some reason, considering its minimum wage I don't see why.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Hiring process lasted more than a month. First there is a video interview with prompted questions that you record answers. This is followed by interviews with the territory manager and then the district manager. The interviews are pretty lengthy (more than an hour) and ask personality type questions- i.e how you would handle certain situations. After 3 interviews, no further contact was made and I was never told thanks but not thanks. This was despite following up and be told "talent" will be in contact.