Gordon Food Service Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.9

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gordon Food Service (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first was with HR. It was a breeze. Was called back for a second interview and waited 2 hours because the manager that was suppose to interview me claimed he had no idea, soI had to interview with the site manager. Site manager was very busy kept me waiting in his office another 15 minutes before I could interview. Only person who was apologetic about me having to wait 2+ hours was the receptionist.

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Vienna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service (South Vienna, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

After accepting a phone interview date, you are provided with youtube links to short videos demonstrating job functions. The phone interview was a brief thirty minute conversation mostly concerned with, from what I gathered, details concerning your work ethic. From this step, if interested, one will be contacted by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you and your team achieved a goal.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in April 2015.

Interview

They called me to interview I met with the assistant and store manager, they asked questions to get to know me as a person and as an employee. They ask about previous Work and if you have experience in the position you are applying for they do hair drug test the day of orientation and also conduct an background check

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordon Food Service (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call 5 business days later and was called in for an interview later that day. Was interviewed by the assistant manager and was asked to come for second interview next day. Got the job on spot.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Applied online and initially contacted for a phone interview by HR in a week or so. Both of the interviews are customer service centric. "Tell me about a time when" if you have decent customer service skills you will be advanced to the sit down interview. Your interview will be with the store manager and the district manager and it is about a hour long. The store manager has most of the leverage in making the decision for this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was a little higher then I was told it would be. Try to get your starting salary as high as possible because the raises are a joke.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter followed by onsite interview with direct managers. They have a list of situational type interview questions to use as a guide. Length of interview was 1 hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

I was called in after applying two weeks prior. The manager looked at my application submitted online which had been printed out. I was offered 45 cents over minimum wage. After minimum wage was raised to 8.50 months later I was told I would be receiving 8.50. Raises based on certifications were not applied or even discussed.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. They give you a hair test for some reason, considering its minimum wage I don't see why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Hiring process lasted more than a month. First there is a video interview with prompted questions that you record answers. This is followed by interviews with the territory manager and then the district manager. The interviews are pretty lengthy (more than an hour) and ask personality type questions- i.e how you would handle certain situations. After 3 interviews, no further contact was made and I was never told thanks but not thanks. This was despite following up and be told "talent" will be in contact.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in November 2014.

Interview

Have completed 1 Interview so far. The manager asked me basic questions that I have received just about everywhere. Management seem like good people and I was told they needed to interview a few more people still.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied for the entry-level sales role. Completed a video interview, and was then contacted a week later for an in person interview. Was asked situation based questions. Before a decision was made on my employment, I was told to go and visit 10 restaurants to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were under a strict deadline and was under pressure.   1 Answer

Did not believe the position was a good fit.