Gordon Food Service

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.8

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

I was called in after applying two weeks prior. The manager looked at my application submitted online which had been printed out. I was offered 45 cents over minimum wage. After minimum wage was raised to 8.50 months later I was told I would be receiving 8.50. Raises based on certifications were not applied or even discussed.

Interview Questions
  • No questions were difficult. They give you a hair test for some reason, considering its minimum wage I don't see why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gordon Food Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in February 2014.

Very standard interview questions. Easy, quick interview questions,

We would like to move forward and offer you a job with us

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in August 2013.

This was a mass interview for a new store opening held at a hotel. Initial screening was done done by other managers from the area who then directed second interview with the General manager of the location to be opened.

na

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in June 2013.

Interview and hiring process is very lengthy. It starts with a phone interview. In a about a week this was followed by a face - face interview with an Area Manager. In about another week this was followed by another face - face interview with a Regional Manager. In about one more week another face - face interview was scheduled with a Senior Director. In between there were some other brief phone interview followup questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question happened when the interviewer asked that I sell him an item that the interviewer selected and that I had no previous background in selling   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Had 4 interviews over 3 months before hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

I was contacted via phone to come in for an interview. The interview process was very easy. I learned a bit about the history of the company and then was asked typical interview questions. I initially met with the store manager who was very nice and very easy going which made it a lot easier to relax. I then had a second interview the following day with the assistant manager who asked basically the same questions. I took a seat in the break room when we were finished and then I was offered a job on the spot. Overall it was easy and not nerve wracking at all.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. It was all mainly about my experience.   Answer Question
    We were able to negotiate a set schedule as well as my rate of pay which was a but higher than normal hires because of my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in May 2013.

Walk in nice, they ask you some questions, and you leave. They don't expect much. As long as you show up on time, treat people with respect, and look decent, you should be fine. They will go into a long tangent about their drug process and how it never fails either. Get ready about that.

Interview Questions
    • What island in Lake Michigan do we send food to?   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Filling out an application is done online. First is a phone call letting you know that they are interesting in hiring you and will request a formal interview. The store manager will interview you and the assistant manager may or may not be present. Basic questions, such as why should we hire you, what was something that you wish you could have done better at a former job, how would you express yourself as an employee. If they want to hire you they will call you back for a second time and give you a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult by any means, at Gordon Food Service they care about the customer with extreme passion and authority. As long as you have experience dealing with people or just seem nice and trustworthy it makes you seem better.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in March 2013.

Typical process, prescreen over the phone, face to face with local team, face to face with director of sales(formality), then an additional interview recapping expectations and making an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Numerous questions about ethics, how to handle situations they may arise in position.   View Answer
    I attempted to negotiate salary but I was over the too of the band they had, we had to settle with their best and final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gordon Food Service in May 2012.

I had an exceptional phone interview which was very thorough and the HR person very professional. The following week an interview was set up with a Regional Manager who was filling in for the District Manager who had recently left the company. The interview was all situational and very canned. The first question he asked me was whether or not I liked money or vacations as reward. He never asked any questions related to my qualifications, skill sets or previous success. Simply gave me scenarios and wanted to know how I would respond. This is a great company, however geared more for college graduates who are willing to take a small salary, go through extensive training and then relocate on demand. They were very open about that. I have years of experience in sales and sales management therefore it was not a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Your boss is riding with you for the day and on a customer sales visit and a situation came up where your boss asked you to do something you did not agree with-how would you handle that?   View Answer
    • The credit department has let you know that one of your large customers will not get an order on Friday if they do not provide payment on the account for the balance owed. A busy weekend is coming up-what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer money or trips?   Answer Question