Gordon Trucking

2.8

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gordon Trucking.

Gordon is looking for experienced drivers with 2+ years. Requirements are CDL MVR 10 year history and past history of employers for 10 years. Current CDL with minimum violations and DOT Medical Card. Pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. Gordon does have a Great training program for the new drivers !

Pay scale was upfront. Pay was based on Over the Road experience of years driving.

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gordon Trucking in October 2012.

I applied online and was contacted a week later. I was then asked to come in for an interview about a month and a half later. My interview was about 3 hours long with three different managers to include the Vice President of Northwest Operations. They had a script of questions to ask, but some didn't follow it as much as others. It seemed like the interviewers were pretty fair and interested in my military experience.

I was offered a position at the Port of Seattle

Fuel and Routing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gordon Trucking in January 2011.

I was interviewed by three people (two Supervisors and the VP of Marketing), each separately during the same morning. Many questions were general in nature, such as what would you do in a certain situation, how do you handle stress, give an instance where you implemented a change and how did it go over, and the like. There was a lot of emphasis on what you do in your free time and what you feel your strengths and weaknesses are. One question that caught me off guard was, "What would a job description for you look like?" It is an interesting question but nothing that I had been asked in previous interviews.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gordon Trucking in May 2012.

Applied with Gordon Trucking online and received a call the very next day. Process began with a scheduled phone interview and within a week we scheduled an in person structured interview at Gordon HQ in Pacific, WA. The structured interview began with a brief introduction of the facility and eventually ended standing in the operations building. From there I sat with four different individuals, one at a time answering a variety of general and situational questions. Each manager had a different approach making it easy to compartmentalize. The last interviewer was with a V.P. of Operations. When finished we walked back over to HR and signed out. We'll be in touch is all you leave with.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any superpower what would it be?   View Answer