Gotham Consulting Partners Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gotham Consulting Partners

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners.

Several interviews with Associates and Manager which decide whether you move forward to a final round with the Partner who eventually makes the hiring decision

Standard MBA offer

Business Analyst Interview

Had one campus interview and then a superday in NY office. Superday consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews, pretty intense.
    First round on campus was a simple case
    Superday had three case and one behavioral interview.
    Final interview was conducted by the MD of the firm.
    People are quite friendly, but I believe the hours at the firm are quite intense.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners.

on campus interviews

Gotham Consulting Partners Interview

Case interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners in November 2011.

Had a first-round screening interview on-campus at my university. Interviewer asked a few "tell me about yourself"-type questions and then moved on to a case. The question was to estimate the annual revenue of a food truck in NYC.

Moved on to second-round interviews at the company. This consisted of three one-on-one interviews (all case interviews). Two of the interviewers kept fiddling with their phones, which was slightly annoying. Only the last interviewer allowed me to ask more than one question of my own (about company culture, etc.).

The end of the process was a slightly strange interaction. My last interviewer told me to wait in the lobby because he didn't know what happened next. I sat there for a few minutes before asking the receptionist where I should be. She went inside to check with my interviewers and told me they had everything they needed. I asked about next steps and their hiring timeline, but she didn't know, so I had to leave without knowing what was next.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the annual revenue of a food truck in New York City.   Answer Question
    • Estimate the market size for canned baby food in China.   Answer Question
    • Look at the office building behind me. Estimate how many elevator banks are needed to service the building. (The interviewer then provided data on number of floors, number of people, other constraints, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Estimate the market size of the premium automotive market in the United States.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners in October 2011.

Came on campus to interview. It was two back to back interviews. Each interview was 30 minutes long. The questions were a mix of behavioral and case questions. The behavioral questions focused on past experience. The case questions require some calculations and understanding of basic business concepts and accounting rules.

Interview Questions
    • If you are visiting a factory and you see a truck full of raw materials, where would those raw materials show up on a company's financial statement?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners in October 2010.

The company is basically run by an Indian owner. The company is over a decade old, but is still relatively small with about 25 people which could be considered as a positive since it is a small firm. I had an initial interview on campus, which was an hour long interview. I was asked a market sizing question and then some time was spent on behavioral questions. The interviewer started off saying that we won't have time for me to ask them any questions about the company though I would be given an opportunity to do so if I get selected to the second round. Clearly, their focus was more on seeing if you have the right skills to get the job done. The company had relatively young people, most of them were new at max 2 years old at the company which probably indicates a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the profits earned by Starbucks near your college campus?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners in September 2009.

two case based interviews in campus and then 4-5 case based interviews in office. They seem to do that number of interviews because they do not have a structured process

Interview Questions
    • It is a normal case interview and difficulty is in line with that   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it kind of offer

Business Analyst Interview

Had a first-round interview on-campus at my university. Interviewer asked a few personality questions, a couple of brain teasers and then moved on to the case, which was to estimate the size of the commercial tire market in the United States. Thought I did well, but i never heard from them again regarding a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of the commercial tire market in the United States.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Gotham Consulting Partners in June 2010.

Phone Interview - where interviewer asked basic fit questions then introduced a case analysis.

Interview Questions

Worked for Gotham Consulting Partners? Contribute to the Community!