GovDelivery

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GovDelivery.

The interview questions were random, at least to me. Not the run of the mill interview questions which can be hard to answer if you're nervous. But the company seems cool. In retrospect, the position title should probably be Digital Marketing Specialist, as they require a lot of software knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • what are 3 failures in life? and what would you do differently? -Hard to spin a question like this into a positive aspect when you're caught off guard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GovDelivery.

The interview process is very long. First you go for an initial interview which is a informal talk. Then you go in for a 4 plus hour long process or talking to almost everyone in the company. It seems like the process is forced as by the second group either the same questions come up or they don't have any questions. So you sit and chit chat for a half an hour tell the next group comes in.

Interview Questions
    • Did not get asked many difficult questions. The most difficult part of the interview is the coding exercise. Not because the exercise itself was hard but more that if you do not do TDD it will be considered wrong.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GovDelivery.

The recruiter contacted about the position. We scheduled a phone interview and that went well. The next step was for me to come into the office and meet with different people. The process went well as I met with my hiring manager, several of his peers, the COO, and HR.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about how would I deal with my manager if we did not get along.   Answer Question
    Simple...GovDelivery made an offer and I accepted.

SE Territory Manager State and Local Government Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GovDelivery in December 2013.

Received email via LinkedIn and they asked if I was interested in interview. Setup telephone interview and was asked to complete online assessment. Interview lasted 1.5 hours. Online assessment took 1 hour. Never heard another word from HR or recruiting specialist.

I noticed that the position is no longer listed on their website. I wonder if companies ever let people know there is no interest or if it is just a numbers game to hire someone.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just discussed sales career and cover sales results. I asked about on target earnings and HR was not really sure but thought it was about $175k. Also asked about territory and she could not answer. Asked about sales in area or previous sales rep and again HR rep could not provide.   Answer Question

Federal Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GovDelivery in November 2013.

I initially applied after seeing the position posted on CraigsList. A couple of days later I was contacted by the HR manager. There were two more rounds, one with the hiring manager and finally a Client Success Specialist and Account Executive. Very positive impression from each individual I had the opportunity to interview with. My only concern was I felt I did not grasp what the on target earnings would be for the position. Coming from a job where I previously made 6 figures I do think it would have been a bit of a pay cut but I was so excited by the opportunity and potential both the company and position presented that I would not have cared. Definitely a world class company with exciting products and had been my first choice in employers.

Interview Questions
    • HR Manager- Who has been your favorite boss thus far? (Not tricky but unexpected. My guess is its used to gauge whether you fit with the managerial style the company uses)

Account Executive- What is the one application that comes pre-loaded on every phone and computer?

Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GovDelivery.

I took a total of three interviews. One was over the phone with the human resources staff and the next two with the COO and the Director of Client Services. My interview process was shorter than would be the case now, as I was in rather early in the company's history.

Once the interviews were complete, I received a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Easy. I got a good offer right away and accepted it.

Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GovDelivery in June 2012.

After finding the job online, I was interviewed by the Manager of Recruitment. She then setup a phone interview with a manager. Having completed that interview, I was asked to complete an assessment and provide some past employment references. My final round of interviews were in person with both managers as well as some of those who were also Client Care Specialists. The interview was much more extensive than most other interview processes that I had done, but I considered it fair and relevant to the position being offered.

Interview Questions
    • There were many questions like "give me an example of a time when you provided service above and beyond what you were expected to provide" or "give me an example of a time you had a disagreement or difference with someone at your workplace and how you resolved it"   Answer Question
    I was satisfied with the offer and did not need to do any negotiation.