Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of Canada
- Policy Analyst (4)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Clerk (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Senior Policy Analyst (1)
- Technical Specialist (1)
- Junior Analyst (1)
- Research Scientist (1)
- Programmer Analyst (1)
- Director (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Creative Services Manager (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Communications Manager (1)
- Communications Officer (1)
- Project Officer (1)
- Data Warehouse Architect (1)
- Bilingual Administrative Assistant (1)
- Maintenance (1)
- Summer Student (1)
- National Program Coordinator (1)
- Disability Adjudicator (1)
- Business Development Assistant (1)
- Executive Services Officer (1)
- Heavy Equipment Technician (1)
- Data Base Entry (1)
- Industrial Hygiene (1)
- Parks Presenter (1)
Policy Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ months – interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).
usually written exam, then interview, then reference check, then another interview to see if fit the position. Usually really long process.
- qualities Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Government of Canada
Policy Analyst InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took a year or more – interviewed at Government of Canada.
Crazy convoluted hiring process that takes over a year. Managed to get though the test (although I failed many in other competitions first). Interview was 5 questions.
- Tell us about a time when you had two conflicting choices and had to use your judgement to move forward? 1 Answer
There wasn't one, you accepted whatever was offered
Policy Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.
Panel interview against 15 people. Two of us were hired for 4 months to compete against each other. one of us was hired on a full time basis. There was a phone interview, followed by two months of wiating for a one on one interview. They also performed background checks which prevented me from working there for a month.
- What are your opinions on the duty to democracy and parliament under a minority government. I thought it was an odd question, and have no idea if I answered it right. Answer Question
I negotiated to get into an accelerated promotion program, but there was no room to negoiate starting salary.
Policy Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2009.
Test, then group interview
- Explain your leadership capabilities 1 Answer