GradStaff Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Recent Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GradStaff in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for several different jobs through Gradstaff. Two days later, I woke up to a missed call and email from the Atlanta recruiter. I emailed her back and told her when I was available to talk. She happened to call back when I was about to have lunch so we set up a time (an hour and a half later at 2:30pm) to have the phone interview. 2:30pm came and went and I haven't heard from her. I decided to call her back at 2:45pm...got her voicemail and left her a message to call me back. It's been over a week and I still haven't heard from her. UGH I got my hopes up for no reason. I'm glad I am not just relying on them (as you shouldn't).

Aug 31, 2015 – College Recruiting and Marketing Manager

I'm sorry that you did not have a positive experience with GradStaff. We pride ourselves on creating a great candidate experience, and we are working everyday to improve our processes, especially our ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GradStaff (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

If you have even a modicum of self respect you should not consider this route. I speak three languages, am an honors econ graduate with a math minor, certified SAS programmer, and I'm half-finished with my grad degree in 'Econ and Finance'. You're told they offer a wage range of $13-$16. If you assume a normal distribution, 68% of job offers should expect between $14.02 and $14.98. What I was offered for my skill set was not $14.02. It wasn't $13.50, $13.25, or even $13.01. I was offered $13.00 an hour. Again, assuming normally distributed wages in their range, I was given an offer that was, statistically, .0015% likely. The problem here is that I should not have assumed they offered a wage commiserate with ability but rather that their wage distribution, if plotted, would look more like a capital L; where everyone gets $13, and one guy in company history was offered $16. Naturally, possessing some amount of self respect, I rejected this offer, and they no longer wanted to deal with me. This place isn't there to place you into positions and help you acquire professional experience, it's there to leech literally every last penny off of your hard work, study, and drive that it can and keep you on their staff for as long as possible. So, I implore you, do not waste your time with these parasites. Their placements are only suitable for the truly desperate and poor-performing individuals in the labor market. Unless you worked your rear off through school to get a job making a $1 less an hour than the assistant manager at Panda Express, keep at the grind.

Interview Questions

• They're script reading robots. Any typical behavior question is what you'll encounter.   Answer Question

Aug 31, 2015 – College Recruiting and Marketing Manager

I apologize that you did not have a positive experience with GradStaff. It appears there has been some miscommunication on key elements of our process. While our program may not be a fit for every ... More

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GradStaff (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial phone interview which was pretty quick and consisted of general interview questions. The questions were primarily directed towards my preferences, etc., which she indicated was to gain a better understanding of which types of jobs or companies to target for my job placement. Most of the questions were pretty basic and standard interview questions such as what my long-term professional goals are, various questions about my education and degree, and the type of work I am comfortable with and looking for.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GradStaff (Burbank, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire interview was done over the phone. A lady had called me asking if she could speak to me about my application that I had turned in. Then she asked if I had a couple minutes to speak with her, the phone call took roughly about 20 minutes. It suddenly became an interview even though this was the first phone call that I had received or heard from them.

Aplicant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview where I was asked basic expectations, if I had transportation, and other simple questions like that. I sent in a few requested forms (at least 3 professional references), and then had a Skype interview. The Skype video was used, but we spoke over the phone. She did a basic intro and then she started asking me the typical job interview questions. Tell me about a time you were involved in a unethical situation and how you handled it? What are your strengths and weaknesses? There weren't any super difficult or crazy unique questions. After about 45 minutes of the interview, she gave me an overview of my interview skills and gave me tips to improve. She told me I passed the interview and sent me some more forms to complete (background check, personality tests..) She said they hold candidates for 3 months, it has been about 2 months and I have not gotten any interviews. She told me to check in every now and then, so I have, and she just said there haven't been any openings in my city at all.

Interview Questions

• Unethical situation? Strengths? Weaknesses? Lots of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

These people will screw you around all day. Interviewed with them twice and was told they would have interviews for me in a months time. Gradstaff did not only not get me a interview they were unresponsive to my emails and phone calls for long periods of time. Don't waste your time you can get a job on your own without them taking a cut of your check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to make a moral decision?   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GradStaff (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online for employment services through GradStaff because the company advertised specializing in assisting new college graduates find employment. Alex Thiry, a GradStaff representative responded by email 3 months later. I replied to the email and never got a response. 1 month later, I again received another response from Alex asking if I was still looking for employment. I replied stating that I was still looking for employment and was still interested in enlisting GradStaff to help me with the process. Again, no response so I decided to call Alex 2 weeks later. We spoke and I provided him with all the information he requested. All went well. He said he would share my information with his team and contact me in the morning to discuss the next step. I never heard back and am now wondering if GradStaff just wanted my information to sell to solicitors. I had already wasted too much time with GradStaff so I enlisted TekSystems to assist in my job search. Whoa, BIG difference. TekSystems was very professional and very prompt in our communications. TekSystems got me my 1st interview within 2 weeks from enlisting their service. So, not a very pleasant experience with GradStaff. GradStaff is going to lose out on a lot of talented people if they handle accounts like Alex Thiry did with me. Very disappointing in my opinion.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GradStaff (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call the next day after sending in my resume to come in for an interview. The lady who called sounded very enthusiastic and helpful as well as the lady who interviewed me. They said I was an ideal candidate and that they will contact me if they find a position that suits me but I should also continue the job search and check in with them myself to see if they had any openings. (If they don't hear from you within 2 months they'll assume you've found a job on your own.) However, I did contact the one who interviewed me via email and left voicemails but she never responded to any of my questions or emails for over a month so the interview ended up leading nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

I sent in my resume, they called me the next day and scheduled an interview for that week. The interview was set up like a job interview, but they also offered advice on interviewing and wanted to know what positions I was looking into. They called me back within a few weeks about a job opening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Entry Level Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

I applied for this position at GradStaff, Inc. and was contacted by an "Account Manager" for a phone interview. Low and behold, this "interview" wasn't for the position I applied for - it was for their services! I never applied to utilize their services. This is a sleazy way to solicit "customers." Despicable. I thought about clarifying this with the "Account Manager," but she was so obnoxious and sales-y that I wouldn't want to work for this company anyway.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as this wasn't an actual job interview, which was not what I was e-mailed. Misleading.   Answer Question

Jan 20, 2015 – VP of Corporate Support

I am very sorry you had a negative experience with our Account Manager and that you are unhappy with GradStaff's services. Information about GradStaff is clearly stated in job postings and our ... More