GradStaff

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GradStaff in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a fairly simple interview process, my interviewer gave me a list of questions that I should prep before prior to the interview, so it was a straightforward interview.

Interview Question – Name a time when you dealt with an unethical issue   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview Details – Was called right away for an interview and was asked typical behavioral questions. The interviewers were really nice and it didn't take too long. After I spoke with one of the girls about the process and she tried to get a feel for the type of position I was looking for.

Interview Question – difficult situation at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

Recent Graduate Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview Details – Will call you in & ask you to fill out paperwork, say they will be looking for jobs for you & never contact you back.

Interview Question – Being very detailed in each answer. Wanted to know exact time, job, & what you were doing/selling/etc.   Answer Question

Gradstaff Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at GradStaff in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online via indeed and was contacted by a Gradstaff recruiter a couple of days later. She asked some preliminary questions basically asking what I do in my current position, why I chose my major, and what type of position I was looking for. Also make sure you've read over the company website just so you'll be able to explain what you know about the company. She set up a face-to-face interview for the following week and the questions were behavioral based. They want you to arrive 10-15 minutes earlier so you can fill out a bunch of papers (background check, I-9 form, etc.). The staff was really nice and made you feel comfortable. The recruiter interviewed me asking me to thoroughly explain my current position, and why I chose my major. She also asked several behavioral questions. After she was done, one of the other managers came in to ask what type of jobs I've been looking for, what skill sets am I interested in using, and what my dream job is. She then explained there were no current positions open at the time, but that could change in a matter of days or weeks. I haven't heard anything back from them lately and it's almost been two weeks. Whether I acquire a position through them or not, I will take the process as experience and keep searching.

Interview Question – Name three greatest strengths and one thing you need to work on.
What motivates you?
Name a time you were involved in an unethical dilemma and how did you respond.
  Answer Question

Compensation Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GradStaff in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very general interview process. It is behavioral and fairly in depth to gauge your qualities. They really do seem to want to find the right fit for their clients.

They are looking for fresh out of school grads with little to no experience which didn't really fit me as I had been working almost two years.
The interviewer was very inexperienced, but a nice guy all said. I worked in recruiting/HR, and actually gave him some pointers on the process.
The office I visited small and rather plain, but was in a nice building on an upper floor. They could work on how they present themselves a little bit. Not very impressive.

Overall it was an OK experience even though it really wasn't for me, and for someone with little or no direction fresh out of school this could be a good place to look.

Interview Question – I don't think any of their questions were too difficult.
Know what your goals are and be able to review your strengths and weaknesses.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position available was not a fit for me, and the commute was further than I was looking for.

General/Staffing Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview Details – Called me for an initial phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. They asked me about my career interests and what I thought my greatest strengths were. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview. It was a pretty long behavioral based interview. After it was over, the interviewer provides helpful feedback and advice. You then have another conversation to discuss your career interests. They called me a couple weeks later to discuss a position they find for you.

Interview Question – Rate 1-10 your attention to detail   Answer Question

Business Coordinator - General Interview

Interviewed at GradStaff

Interview Details – Responded to LinkedIn ad for Business Coordinator. Was contacted shortly thereafter via phone with some initial 'get to know you' questions and to set up a real skype interview.
Skype Interview lasted about an hour and was highly behavioral based questions.
Found out the 'Business Coordinator' position was just to get new applicants to their staffing program - but shortly found another role for me. Setting up an interview with the company as we speak.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you differed from a teammate/ business partner on an ethical issue   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GradStaff in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online to go through the GradStaff process. Not to be an employee of GradStaff, but to be place in a job by GradStaff. I was called a few days later by an employee for about a 15 minute phone interview.

They just wanted to know a little bit about the type of job/industry i was looking for, my desired salary (which you should say no more than the mid to upper 30's). I said 40 initially and he said that was kind of high expectations. They also asked some basic questions about my work history, past salary and experiences on my resume.

Then I was invited for a face-to-face interview at their office. It was a two-step interview. First, however, i sat down and filled out some paperwork for 10 minutes, I had a 15 minute interview with the guy who called me for the phone interview. More basic questions about work experience and my resume.

Right after this interview another person came into interview me for the next step, although, this was much shorter. She only asked me about three questions or so. She asked about my career interests and what i thought were my 3 biggest strengths.

Everything went smoothly. I dont know/think if this is standard procedure but they offered me a position right after the second interview. It sounded interesting and the information said it had a starting salary range of 35-37k. I took it.

Then they give you a bunch more information and guide you through the process.

Interview Question – Please tell me what you think are your three biggest strengths.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If their are negotiations, it will be with the actual company you end up working for, not gradstaff. Most times you end up working for the company on a trial period of 4 months during which you report to and are paid by gradstaff for whatever hourly amount they give you(no negotiating this figure) but mine was a respectable 15.75/hr. Then after that the company will take you on as their full time employee and you can negotiate with them your yearly salary.

Adjuster Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GradStaff in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found the job listed on LinkedIn and was immediately contacted the same afternoon that I submitted my resume. The interview process is quite long. The first contact was a phone interview then followed by a Skype interview and eventually an interview with the managers at the location.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was- "Why did you choose to apply for this job?"   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GradStaff in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was drawn to Gradstaff because they specialized in placing recent college graduates in professional careers. It was ridiculously difficult to get an interview. I must have applied for over 10 different jobs with them.

First was a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. After that was a "behavioral" in-person interview at their offices. This interview was long, and they are looking for specific answers to see if you are a good candidate to be placed in a specific position. In a nutshell, when they ask you a question, they want you to answer the question using an example from your past experiences.

Before the in-person interview, they have you fill out about 10 different forms, everything from W2s to I9s to background and drug tests. This bothered me, as I wasn't even offered the job and they were asking for a lot of personal information.

One of the biggest things that bothered me about this whole process happened during the phone interview. The interviewer asked me if I had applied anywhere else, and if I had secured an interview anywhere else. I told her that I had interviewed, then she proceeded to ask me where. I don't think this was any of her business, but I obliged her and gave her the information. During the in-person interview, she followed up with the interviews that I had, and she aked me again where I had interviewed and what the outcome was. I was extremely put off by these questions. I am fairly certain that she was trying to catch me in a lie. This information was none of her business, and I wish I hadn't told her anything because I truly feel like she had no right to ask them. This just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I did well in the interview, and the interviewer told me that they would place me in a job. The job they offered me was a basic administrative position that had little advancement potential. (My major is in marketing and this was completely outside of the field that I had told the interviewer that I was interested in). I emailed the interviewer and expressed my concerns with this specific position and asked to talk with her about them. I never heard back from her. I called and emailed her a few times with no response. After that, I decided that I probably didn't want to work here if they can't even call or email back.

The whole process seemed extremely pretentious. The job market can be difficult for recent grads, but grads with solid academic records and internship experience can find a better career on their own. It seems like Gradstaff places employees in low-paying entry jobs that require little specialization. I also left with the feeling that they are only looking out for their bottom line, with no regard for professionalism or common courtesy. My advice would be to be very careful if you are considering applying for any career here.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions about whether you like one thing more than another. For example, "Do you prefer to work alone or in groups?" These were difficult for me to answer, because I felt that either answer could have applied to me equally. This led to me trying to figure out why she was asking the question, and giving her an answer that I thought would lead to a positive score on the behavioral style questions.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – They placed me in a position that I was not interested in and that had no room for advancement.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GradStaff? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GradStaff interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by GradStaff employees and interview candidates.