GradStaff Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.4

Aplicant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GradStaff.

I did an initial phone interview where I was asked basic expectations, if I had transportation, and other simple questions like that. I sent in a few requested forms (at least 3 professional references), and then had a Skype interview.
    The Skype video was used, but we spoke over the phone. She did a basic intro and then she started asking me the typical job interview questions. Tell me about a time you were involved in a unethical situation and how you handled it? What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    There weren't any super difficult or crazy unique questions.
    After about 45 minutes of the interview, she gave me an overview of my interview skills and gave me tips to improve.
    She told me I passed the interview and sent me some more forms to complete (background check, personality tests..)
    She said they hold candidates for 3 months, it has been about 2 months and I have not gotten any interviews. She told me to check in every now and then, so I have, and she just said there haven't been any openings in my city at all.

Interview Questions
    • Unethical situation? Strengths? Weaknesses? Lots of "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GradStaff.

These people will screw you around all day. Interviewed with them twice and was told they would have interviews for me in a months time. Gradstaff did not only not get me a interview they were unresponsive to my emails and phone calls for long periods of time. Don't waste your time you can get a job on your own without them taking a cut of your check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to make a moral decision?   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at GradStaff.

I applied online for employment services through GradStaff because the company advertised specializing in assisting new college graduates find employment. Alex Thiry, a GradStaff representative responded by email 3 months later. I replied to the email and never got a response. 1 month later, I again received another response from Alex asking if I was still looking for employment. I replied stating that I was still looking for employment and was still interested in enlisting GradStaff to help me with the process. Again, no response so I decided to call Alex 2 weeks later. We spoke and I provided him with all the information he requested. All went well. He said he would share my information with his team and contact me in the morning to discuss the next step. I never heard back and am now wondering if GradStaff just wanted my information to sell to solicitors. I had already wasted too much time with GradStaff so I enlisted TekSystems to assist in my job search. Whoa, BIG difference. TekSystems was very professional and very prompt in our communications. TekSystems got me my 1st interview within 2 weeks from enlisting their service. So, not a very pleasant experience with GradStaff. GradStaff is going to lose out on a lot of talented people if they handle accounts like Alex Thiry did with me. Very disappointing in my opinion.

Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GradStaff.

I sent in my resume, they called me the next day and scheduled an interview for that week. The interview was set up like a job interview, but they also offered advice on interviewing and wanted to know what positions I was looking into. They called me back within a few weeks about a job opening.

None

Entry Level Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GradStaff.

I applied for this position at GradStaff, Inc. and was contacted by an "Account Manager" for a phone interview. Low and behold, this "interview" wasn't for the position I applied for - it was for their services! I never applied to utilize their services. This is a sleazy way to solicit "customers." Despicable. I thought about clarifying this with the "Account Manager," but she was so obnoxious and sales-y that I wouldn't want to work for this company anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions as this wasn't an actual job interview, which was not what I was e-mailed. Misleading.   Answer Question

GradStaff Response

Jan 20, 2015VP of Corporate Support

I am very sorry you had a negative experience with our Account Manager and that you are unhappy with GradStaff's services. Information about GradStaff is clearly stated in job postings and our ... More

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GradStaff in January 2015.

Called me within days of applying. Hour long interview to get to know you and evaluate your interview skills.

Once through with that they put you on their roster and call you back when they have an opening with a company that would fit you. For me that was about 3 weeks after my first interview.

Very relaxed 20 minute interview with employer. Got a call the next day saying that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Standard list of behavior based outcome oriented questions.   Answer Question

Recent Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at GradStaff in October 2014.

I received a call followed by an email from a representative October 7th 2014. I spoke with her and was invited for an in-person interview on October 13th 2014. Mind you I drove 10 hours to make this appointment. During the interview I was asked all the questions you'd expect. I was told they mostly handle sales and administrative positions. I was told about there staffing process and timelines. I was provided with constructive criticism at the end and was told that I would receive a call from a member of there staff that was not present that day to complete my packet that Wednesday. I called that Friday and spoke to the same representative who at first seemed to have no knowledge of who I was or what I was talking about and was told the person I needed to speak to still wasn't in. It is now the 24th of October and no call. I went from feeling positive to feeling taken as a time filler.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions appear to be the norm and are hard to answer when you are a recent graduate. Expect these.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GradStaff.

Did the Skype Interview because their business is in NJ but yet they have "connections" on Long Island (...?) Had to send them 5 resumes because their "offices" are not all linked together. Never heard back from them, they're 100% USELESS.

Unknown Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GradStaff.

Contacted grad staff for a job after graduation. Applied online and after was told to provide 3 references prior to interview which was odd for an agency. Was given a range of possible interview areas that may be touched upon in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle explaining a difficult concept to someone?   View Answer

Job Seeker Interview

Interviews are stupid. All behavioral based questions which they think is some amazing model to fit all people into. Behavioral based questions are stone age interview styles. Might want to look into upgrading how you process candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview once you know its behavioral based. Just don't expect good contact from the recruiter after that.   Answer Question

Horrible salary for what college grads should be getting.