Graeters

Updated Sep 24, 2014

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graeters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Graeters in June 2012.

The first day that school let out, I was on the lookout for a new job. I stopped by Graeter's on a slow time of day and met with the manager. I asked for an application and instead the manager asked if I had time for an on-the-spot interview. I was sort of scared; I was wearing white short shorts and a black tank top. Definitely not interview appropriate. However, he interviewed me and asked me a bunch of questions, like a sentence describing yourself and 3 adjectives your friends would describe you as and what my school schedule was like. I was hired on the spot and, honestly, it's been a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe yourself in one sentence."
      Pretty difficult because you don't want to sound cocky and you don't want to sound lame. Just a heads up.

Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate- honestly, I was just happy to have a job again and be in a new work environment!

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Graeters in April 2012.

The major determining factors are availability and personality. What they look for is someone who can work during the school week and close most nights. They also look for someone who has experience in leadership regardless of employment or extracurricular. A big factor is how personable you are. If you desire a job at Graeters, try and be as friendly and outgoing as possible. Those are the keys to getting a job.

Interview Questions
    • A manager may ask you to try and sell them something say a pen, for instance. Take careful note of the characteristics of the item and use them to "sell" it to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Graeters in August 2010.

Interview was very easy. Basically just talked about my personality in different situations, got off topic a few times. The process from turning in my application to getting the interview and job took extremely long. I had to get a friend that worked there to write a note on my application to get in. It still took weeks and weeks to get the interview, kept stopping in the store to check with manager on the status of my application.

Interview Questions
    • If the line is out the door and pressure is on, do you work harder or freeze?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Not even a discussion about the pay. I had no idea what my pay was until I got my first check.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Graeters in May 2010.

Easy, asked a few questions and hired me on the spot and gave a day for training. You could tell that the company really cares for the customer. They pride themselves on having the best service in their stores. They also are known for having the best quality ice cream, using the finest ingredients, and utilizing the most efficient way to prepare the ice cream using french pots.

Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Graeters.

Pretty much all when you get the call you're already hired. You have an interview set up, come in discuss your future wages, uniform, training days and so on and so forth. They show you the ropes of how to run the business, do customer service, making the special treats, work registers. Easy stuff, you learn as you go.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation. It was more like "if you get the call you're already hired" the interview is more like an informative thing.