Grail Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2014

3.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Grail Research.

Selection processes: 4, namely, on-campus aptitude test, HR interview, manager's round, director's round

Aptitude test: Low Difficulty Level

HR interview: General, about you, be thorough with own CV; They can ask about whether you know about the (guesstimate) cases they give and how you have to approach them. It is a plus point if you know how and can give an example.

Manager's round: Moderate to High Difficulty; I was asked about my hobbies and a guesstimate question was asked to estimate the number of contributors on the site that I write for.

Director's round: Began with questions from my CV; Case to solve: guesstimate; the amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.

The whole process took over 3 months. The aptitude test was conducted in the campus in Dec. The final rounds took place in Feb-Mar with a gap of 3-4 weeks between the last two rounds. So, the candidates can lose out on a lot of good opportunities if they just keep on waiting for this one company.

Interview Questions
  • The amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grail Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Grail Research.

Written round, Hr Round, followed by interviews with Project Manager, Director and an HR again

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in October 2011.

Aptitude Test, Interviews focused on Guess Estimates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

aptitude followed by three rounds of guesstimation interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grail Research.

hr round all standarized question and one case study to calculate the revenue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Grail Research in December 2013.

a cat type aptitude test having logical and numerical problems along with data interpretation. this was followed by 3 rounds by the team , each involving a case study to be solved

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in September 2013.

1st round was a simple aptitude round.It was a cake walk with simple questions.2nd round was a case study round in which i was asked to find no. of planes that fly in and out of delhi daily.3rd was an HR round and was the final round.

Analyst Interview

It was an off campus drive at their Noida center. I got shortlisted via AMCAT for the drive. The process took place in 4 stages.

Round 1- Pen paper test. It is comprised of LR, DI (20 questions, Level Moderate), Verbal section (10 Q, Level Moderate- difficult) and an essay.

R2- Interview round 1- A guesstimate based question was given. Sufficient time is given to think and solve it. You must have clarity in your concept and your way must be logical and structured. Then you discuss it with the Manager, here s/he tries to confuse you or simply ask questions related to what you've done. If you are clear with your way you'll fare well! Difficulty level is moderate. Rejection rate is high.

R3- Interview round 2- A guesstimate based question was given. The process mentioned above is followed. Only here the level of the question is a bit higher. Difficulty level- Moderate (It is a personal opinion). Rejection rate is high.

R4- Interview round 3- Final round with the director (I had my 2nd Interview with the director as well ). No guesstimate here! I was given a real life situation and was asked to design a plan for the research part. I had to figure out real life constraints, sources from I can get data, use smart filters to get an accurate hold on data. Difficulty level- Very high- high.

I personally found my interviewees to be really nice. They cleared the doubts I had and gave me the time I wanted.

Interview Questions
    Since I am a fresher and I had no idea what package are others being offered so I settled down with what I got. Anyways, it was better than the other offers I had. ;)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in August 2013.

Interview Call: Employee Reference

Round 1: Aptitude/Written Round - Time : 60 mins- Sec 1 : DI/LR Sec 2: Verbal Sec 3: Written Ability Test ( Topic: Is competition from childhood ? Good or bad) Level : Moderately Diff

Round 2: HR round - A general introduction and assessment of your communication skills.

Round 3 : Guesstimate round (the main hurdle) with the Project lead/Manager.

Round 4: Another case study round with the VP (if qualified from the previous round)
    _________________________________________________________________________

NOTE :
    1) Your performance in the guesstimate round depends a lot on the opposite person's own perception of problem- solving approach.
    2) Emphasis on Quantitative Analysis may not always help you.
    3)Try to come up with atleast 2-3 different methods for the same problem.
    4) Make sure the interviewer has understood your approach thoroughly.

ALL THE BEST!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Questions 1 : What is the market size of the AC repair industry in Delhi for 2013 (INR) ? (60 mins)
      Question 2:What is the revenue of DMRC for Aug 2013 ? (only 5 mins, no paper work)
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Grail Research.

interveiw process consiste of aptitude test which consists of 2 parts,1st part consists of lil'bit difficult questions on logical reasoning and data interpretation, english (mostly vocabulary)..in the 2nd part , they check your writing skills .they give 2 topic to write an essay on anyone in atmost 150 words for 15 marks... the 2nd part is mandatory... the topic given to us were: is competition right from childhood good ?/ corruption in overregulated society is inevitable.........
    the shortlisted students from test are then called for interveiw-cum-case study round.......they ask you to estimate answer to question by assuming various data . and considering as many factors as possible...e.g. they ask me the question .. find the total tea consumption in india in kg.given 1 spoon of tea =5gms.. after this the shortlisted are called for 2 more rounds of interveiw by their head HR and vice-president......

Interview Questions
    • there wasnt any unexpected question ...... they check your candidature , analytical and communication skills   Answer Question

Worked for Grail Research? Contribute to the Community!