Grail Research

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview Details – First there was a written Aptitude Test of about 45 minutes.i would say this test was comparatively easy but the process followed was very rigorous. then 2 rounds of Case Study( such as number of Houses in Delhi) and then one technical round followed by HR round.

Interview Question – How many ACS are sold in Delhi.   View Answer

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview Details – Selection processes: 4, namely, on-campus aptitude test, HR interview, manager's round, director's round

Aptitude test: Low Difficulty Level

HR interview: General, about you, be thorough with own CV; They can ask about whether you know about the (guesstimate) cases they give and how you have to approach them. It is a plus point if you know how and can give an example.

Manager's round: Moderate to High Difficulty; I was asked about my hobbies and a guesstimate question was asked to estimate the number of contributors on the site that I write for.

Director's round: Began with questions from my CV; Case to solve: guesstimate; the amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.

The whole process took over 3 months. The aptitude test was conducted in the campus in Dec. The final rounds took place in Feb-Mar with a gap of 3-4 weeks between the last two rounds. So, the candidates can lose out on a lot of good opportunities if they just keep on waiting for this one company.

Interview Question – The amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.   View Answer

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied from an online portal. They had earlier come for campus recruitment three years ago when I was in college. They called me for interview in the Noida office. It was 3 rounds - 2 technical and 1 HR.

In the technical round the country head asked me to estimate the market size for flat-display TVs in India. He left the room and he came back after 15 minutes for my estimate.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was stupid and I asked whether the salary is negotiable. What kind of company will tell you you can negotiate with them? Obviously he said no. Actually that was the only offer I had so I couldn't negotiate because I didn't want to risk losing the offer.

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview Details – Written round, Hr Round, followed by interviews with Project Manager, Director and an HR again

Interview Question – Guesstimates   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through On-campus recruitment process.
1st round is basic aptitude test consisting a mix of logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude and some english questions. Next section consist of essay writing just to test the thought process of the candidate and command over the language.

2nd round is HR round. Pretty much cakewalk.

3rd round is an interview round with Team Lead which involved solving a guesstimate question(difficulty=easy to moderate).

4th round is again interview round with Director involving same HR round question and another guesstimate question(difficulty=moderate to difficult).

Interview Question – They asked for immediate joining which was not a feasible option at that time for me.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Grail Research

Interview Details – aptitude followed by three rounds of guesstimation interviews

Interview Question – the interviews were completely case based   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in October 2011.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test, Interviews focused on Guess Estimates

Interview Question – How many McDonals in New Delhi?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grail Research in April 2012.

Interview Details – Case study based. Looking for analytically sharp people, with good communication skills and modest attitude

Negotiation Details – na

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grail Research in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. One hour Written test- Quantitative aptitude + Grammar + Data Interpretation + Essay.
2. HR Interview- Basic introduction, Family Background, Internships etc.
3. Project Manager/ Lead round- Guesstimate Questions
4. Director Round- Guesstimate Questions
5. VP Round- Guesstimate Questions (most stringent)

Success in Guesstimate Questions depends upon the approach, number of applicable reasons and their justification.

Interview Question – 1. No. of smokers in Delhi.
2. Barista sales per day
3. GROSS (not just tickets, goodies, food and baggage charges included too) income of indigo airlines per day via domestic flights.
4. Approach to guess the weight of a flight in air.
5. No. of guitars bought in India in 2013.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very long commute required from my current location.

Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview Details – First was a quant based test which was below CAT level. It was easy. Out of 50 approximately 15 were selected. Next round was a guess estmiate test where we were given certain fermi based questions to solve.

Worked for Grail Research? Contribute to the Community!