Grail Research Interview Questions in India

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Written test followed by multiple rounds of interviews. At a campus drive, there are 2 rounds of interviews. If you are called for an interview at the office, there are 3-5 rounds of interviews. They ask guesstimates mostly followed by few HR questions like why do you want to join this company etc. If you follow the right approach in guesstimates and have the ability to think through various situations, you can definitely clear the interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grail Research.

1. HR Interview
    Basic questions.
     Tell me about yourself. Strengths, Weaknesses, Marks , Why Grail Research.
    2. Case Study Round.
    Guesstimates. They won't be repeating the same scenario. Be prepared in advance. Have a clear approach and justify your approach with plausible assumptions. Make your approach as structured as possible. They might or might not give you feedback about your performance on the case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grail Research.

It includes:
    1. technical round - basic arthmetic, logical reasoning, verbal and data interpretation questions followed by a paragraph writing question to test your creative writing. test difficulty average
    2. HR round - usual HR questions, although she was incosiderate about the fact that I had a accent in my speech and was holding that against me.
    3. 3 levels or more of technical question by different management level employees...questions are based on Guesstimation, eg, how many red cars of a said company can you find in a city..you have to approximate without any relevant data

Interview Questions
    • nonethless, the guesstimate questions were unreasonbly long and although after solving it completely, they still require some more explanation as to how you came upon your approximation   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grail Research.

First there was a written Aptitude Test of about 45 minutes.i would say this test was comparatively easy but the process followed was very rigorous. then 2 rounds of Case Study( such as number of Houses in Delhi) and then one technical round followed by HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grail Research.

Selection processes: 4, namely, on-campus aptitude test, HR interview, manager's round, director's round

Aptitude test: Low Difficulty Level

HR interview: General, about you, be thorough with own CV; They can ask about whether you know about the (guesstimate) cases they give and how you have to approach them. It is a plus point if you know how and can give an example.

Manager's round: Moderate to High Difficulty; I was asked about my hobbies and a guesstimate question was asked to estimate the number of contributors on the site that I write for.

Director's round: Began with questions from my CV; Case to solve: guesstimate; the amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.

The whole process took over 3 months. The aptitude test was conducted in the campus in Dec. The final rounds took place in Feb-Mar with a gap of 3-4 weeks between the last two rounds. So, the candidates can lose out on a lot of good opportunities if they just keep on waiting for this one company.

Interview Questions
    • The amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grail Research.

Written round, Hr Round, followed by interviews with Project Manager, Director and an HR again

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

aptitude followed by three rounds of guesstimation interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grail Research in March 2014.

I applied through On-campus recruitment process.
    1st round is basic aptitude test consisting a mix of logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude and some english questions. Next section consist of essay writing just to test the thought process of the candidate and command over the language.

2nd round is HR round. Pretty much cakewalk.

3rd round is an interview round with Team Lead which involved solving a guesstimate question(difficulty=easy to moderate).

4th round is again interview round with Director involving same HR round question and another guesstimate question(difficulty=moderate to difficult).

Interview Questions
    • They asked for immediate joining which was not a feasible option at that time for me.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grail Research.

First was a quant based test which was below CAT level. It was easy. Out of 50 approximately 15 were selected. Next round was a guess estmiate test where we were given certain fermi based questions to solve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grail Research in February 2014.

1. One hour Written test- Quantitative aptitude + Grammar + Data Interpretation + Essay.
    2. HR Interview- Basic introduction, Family Background, Internships etc.
    3. Project Manager/ Lead round- Guesstimate Questions
    4. Director Round- Guesstimate Questions
    5. VP Round- Guesstimate Questions (most stringent)

Success in Guesstimate Questions depends upon the approach, number of applicable reasons and their justification.

Interview Questions
    • 1. No. of smokers in Delhi.
      2. Barista sales per day
      3. GROSS (not just tickets, goodies, food and baggage charges included too) income of indigo airlines per day via domestic flights.
      4. Approach to guess the weight of a flight in air.
      5. No. of guitars bought in India in 2013.
        Answer Question

Very long commute required from my current location.