Grail Research Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.5

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grail Research.

Campus Recruitment
    Online test via aspiring minds , 3 rounds of interview only guess estimates . After this one more round of guess estimate.
    Number of LCD 32 inch TV sold in Delhi in 2014
    Number of DSLR cameras sold in INdia in 2014

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult . 70- 80 per cent female workers . The interviewers are stupid . Gave JD in a ppt and they had no idea what's in the ppt which they mailed .   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview panel made the candidates feel very comfortable. Smooth process. Quick round . Analytics was tested to the core. Questions were direc . Interviewers were testing basics. Know your resume quite well.

Interview Questions
    • How many flights take off from Delhi airport in a day?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

online test- basic quant and language questions. had to write a paragraph on a topic given in the online test
    2 interview rounds both comprising of case studies + HR round together

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grail Research in December 2014.

I had already heard that the company keeps conducting interviews all throughout the year because the attrition rate is so high, which is actually true.

There were just 4 candidates who had come for interview that day. The first round started with a written aptitude test which moderately difficult. The second round was the HR round wherein general questions relating to my background were asked and HR executive was unnecessarily trying to be tough. The next round was supposed to be the case study round that would have lasted for 35-40 mins. But, the people in the organization are so unprofessional that they make people waste their time doing nothing in the lobby. After completing the written test at 11.30 am, the first candidate was called inside at 1.30 pm for the case study round and came out at 4 pm. The other 3 including me kept waiting endlessly for our turns. At 3 pm I was told to have lunch and come back by 3.30. By the time I came back the other 2 had been interviewed. I was finally called for the case study round at 4.30 pm. The case study was easy and the manager asked 3-4 questions relating to the case study. I was informed that the next round is the Director round but for that I'll have to waste another day and come back again since that chap was not in office! The HR could have just rescheduled the interview if that was the case so that people do not have to travel all the way to sector 127, Noida for just 1 round of interview.

I went for the last round 5 days later, and the time given was 2.30 pm. Again made me wait for 1 hour in the lobby and then 30 mins in the interview room. There are 3 male and 1 female guards at the reception who just keep telling to wait. In fact there were other people who had come to meet some senior executives and had been waiting for good 1.5 hours.

The HR executives did not even care to come out and inform me, whether the Director would really come or not. At 4 pm the director came and gave me a case study and went away. The person came back again in 25 mins and made me feel as if he was doing a favour on me by giving his 10 mins. He did not let me complete the calculations and just asked me to explain the approach, after which he told me to leave.
    Everyone who interviews the candidates, be it the HR or the manager has the same question: Will you be comfortable in stretching the work hours? In short, going to Grail Research for an interview is just a waste of time. People there have no value of other's time.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study 1- estimate the number of women's business suits priced above 10k sold in Delhi in 2014
      Case study 2- estimate the number of coca-cola cans sold in India.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

SImple process. After the shortlisting based on the test, 2 interviews were conducted that were based completely on the guesstimate questions. mainly the approach was considered by the interviewer irrespective of the the final answer.

Research Analyst Interview

Written test followed by multiple rounds of interviews. At a campus drive, there are 2 rounds of interviews. If you are called for an interview at the office, there are 3-5 rounds of interviews. They ask guesstimates mostly followed by few HR questions like why do you want to join this company etc. If you follow the right approach in guesstimates and have the ability to think through various situations, you can definitely clear the interview.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grail Research.

1. HR Interview
    Basic questions.
     Tell me about yourself. Strengths, Weaknesses, Marks , Why Grail Research.
    2. Case Study Round.
    Guesstimates. They won't be repeating the same scenario. Be prepared in advance. Have a clear approach and justify your approach with plausible assumptions. Make your approach as structured as possible. They might or might not give you feedback about your performance on the case study.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grail Research.

It includes:
    1. technical round - basic arthmetic, logical reasoning, verbal and data interpretation questions followed by a paragraph writing question to test your creative writing. test difficulty average
    2. HR round - usual HR questions, although she was incosiderate about the fact that I had a accent in my speech and was holding that against me.
    3. 3 levels or more of technical question by different management level employees...questions are based on Guesstimation, eg, how many red cars of a said company can you find in a city..you have to approximate without any relevant data

Interview Questions
    • nonethless, the guesstimate questions were unreasonbly long and although after solving it completely, they still require some more explanation as to how you came upon your approximation   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grail Research.

First there was a written Aptitude Test of about 45 minutes.i would say this test was comparatively easy but the process followed was very rigorous. then 2 rounds of Case Study( such as number of Houses in Delhi) and then one technical round followed by HR round.

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grail Research.

Selection processes: 4, namely, on-campus aptitude test, HR interview, manager's round, director's round

Aptitude test: Low Difficulty Level

HR interview: General, about you, be thorough with own CV; They can ask about whether you know about the (guesstimate) cases they give and how you have to approach them. It is a plus point if you know how and can give an example.

Manager's round: Moderate to High Difficulty; I was asked about my hobbies and a guesstimate question was asked to estimate the number of contributors on the site that I write for.

Director's round: Began with questions from my CV; Case to solve: guesstimate; the amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.

The whole process took over 3 months. The aptitude test was conducted in the campus in Dec. The final rounds took place in Feb-Mar with a gap of 3-4 weeks between the last two rounds. So, the candidates can lose out on a lot of good opportunities if they just keep on waiting for this one company.

Interview Questions
    • The amount (in L) of orange juice in tetra-packs sold in Delhi-NCR in one year.   View Answer