Grail Research

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grail Research in January 2014.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment. Very extensive process.

1. One hour Written test. Quantitative aptitude + Grammar + Data Interpretation + Essay.
2. Selected ones go through next round i.e. HR Interview.
3. HR Interview- Basic introduction, Family Background, Internships etc. Also ask about a Case study in which no mathematical data is required. Only ask us to elaborate the reasons. Success depends upon the number of applicable reasons and their justification.

Wasn't able to elaborate about case study so was out in First Round. :(

Market Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview Details – They came to our campus and the written test was good one, requiring good English skills. They selected a large no of candidates for further process to be held at their office in Noida. The interview in Noida consisted of 4 rounds, 1st was Basic Hr and Guestimates, and further rounds containing more guestimates.

Interview Question – I had gone totally unprepared without knowing anything about the company. They were seeking very good HR skills. And good Guestimate solving approach.   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in April 2013.

Interview Details – A 1 hr written aptitude test followed by Technical and HR rounds.
Technical round was tough and was based on guesstimates. I was given a small case study to solve in 5 mins. HR round was pretty easy.

Interview Question – I was asked to solve my case study once again, this time calculating from demand side. I could not reach a figure and was eliminated.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had preliminary test followed by some rounds of case study. The case studies were more related to guestimates

Interview Question – Find out the revenue for any Mc Donalds   View Answer

Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grail Research in October 2010.

Interview Details – Grail has 3 rounds-
1. its a written aptitude test
2. case study/ guess estimate with Project lead and above
3. final case study/ guess estimate with someone from leadership team

Interview Question – Estimate the number of A/c sold in delhi NCR in a year   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grail Research in December 2011.

Interview Details – I got the call from their HR that I'd been shortlisted for the recruitment process and asked me for the dates that I'd want to appear. Then there was a written test which was multiple choice and consisted of 4 sections- Verbal,Quant,Logical reasoning and Data Interpretation.
Clearing that round, I was called on for the face to face interview . It was asked to do market sizing ang estimation for products an services. As per the requirements and the performance, a few rounds more with the senior executives after this.
Work culture was not bad. People were pretty much chilled out.
The CTC offered was Rs 5 lacs p.a.

Interview Question – Estimate the number of microwaves bought this year in India.   View Answer

Worked for Grail Research? Contribute to the Community!