Grand Canyon University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in May 2009.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by HR over the telephone first; then met with some arrogant young man, then had an interview with department head.

Interview Question – Can't remember any of the questions, but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.

Interview Question – I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual.   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in June 2009.

Interview Details – The complete interview process was extended over a 2 week period of time. The first was an email received by the HR Department which I had to summarize 10 questions then phone and then panel interview. After that process I was turned down for the position.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Canyon University

Worked for Grand Canyon University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grand Canyon University Admissions Counselor interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Grand Canyon University employees and interview candidates.