Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Canyon University
- Enrollment Counselor (29)
- University Development Representative (5)
- Admissions Representative (4)
- Admissions Counselor (3)
- Student Service Advisor (2)
- Talent Acquisition Specialist (2)
- Finance Counselor (1)
- Finance Manager (1)
- Academic Counselor (1)
- Instructional Assistant (1)
- Adjunct Faculty (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- SSA (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Admissions Advisor (1)
- Online Instructor (1)
- Employee (1)
- Reference Librarian (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Marketing Coordinator (1)
- Student Tutor (1)
- Regional Enrollment Advisor (1)
- Art Instructor (1)
- Level I Technician (1)
- Full Time Online Faculty (1)
- CRM/XRM Analyst (1)
- University Development Manager (1)
- Refused to Say (1)
- Digital Marketing Specialist (1)
- Student Life (1)
Admissions Counselor Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.
I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.
- I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University
Admissions Counselor InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.
The complete interview process was extended over a 2 week period of time. The first was an email received by the HR Department which I had to summarize 10 questions then phone and then panel interview. After that process I was turned down for the position.
Admissions Counselor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.
Was interviewed by HR over the telephone first; then met with some arrogant young man, then had an interview with department head.
- Can't remember any of the questions, but they were pretty standard. Answer Question