Grand Canyon University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

3.3

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.

Interview

I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The complete interview process was extended over a 2 week period of time. The first was an email received by the HR Department which I had to summarize 10 questions then phone and then panel interview. After that process I was turned down for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Was interviewed by HR over the telephone first; then met with some arrogant young man, then had an interview with department head.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any of the questions, but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question