Grand Canyon University Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in August 2010.

I did not actually interview in person - I spoke on the phone to HR and I submitted my paperwork via email. My supervisor was very kind, and it was a fairly easy process. I was emailed all of the paperwork required by a field supervisor, and I completed them on my computer and then forwarded them to the University. I was required to complete paperwork for each student I was assigned to supervise.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I leave my previous teaching position?   View Answer
    There was no "negotiation" at all. They pay $550. per student per semester. Period. Take it or leave it. Problem was, they don't take out taxes (it killed me the next year because I didn't estimate taxes) and they don't pay mileage.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in May 2009.

Was interviewed by HR over the telephone first; then met with some arrogant young man, then had an interview with department head.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any of the questions, but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Applied for the position October 10th and HR set up an in-person interview about a month later. The interviewer was very warm and professional. The caliber of the questions she asked indicated that she was well-versed in recruiting. We began with the usual, "Why do you want to work here" and then questions became more specific. We went over my academic background, work experience, etc. I felt that the interviewer was genuinely interested in getting to know me personally.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. The job is a contract position with a set pay.

Admissions Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in October 2013.

Applied online and received a call three to four weeks later from HR to set up initial phone screen for the next evening. Had phone screen with HR and very conversational. Mostly answering situational questions that covered job duties and customer service challenges and resulting outcomes. A week later HR called back to set up call with regional director. On call with regional director, very conversational and informative about job expectations and situational experience discussed again. HR then called within a week on a Friday to set up final interview for Monday and to share final interview format. Premise is to develop a 4 page 90 day business plan and a 7 slide powerpoint to present to potential student. Produced presentation within three day timeframe and presented to regional director over the phone. After call, HR called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation and Powerpoint format was unexpected request.   View Answer
    They stated the base in all phases of the process and at each mention I followed up and stated that although we were close..I was expecting more each time it was discussed. When I got the offer call, they gave me exactly what I had asked...so pretty easy if you state your expectations early in the process.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

First interview over the phone with HR. Second interview the next day on campus with my soon-to-be direct manager. Third interview that same week on campus with one if the Assistant VPs.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2012.

Initial phone interview then meet face to face with a panel of managers

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time when you felt overwhelmed by the expectations of enrolling a potential student?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in July 2013.

Easy interview process. Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Was offered the job same day as the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a complaint from a student. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

2 phone interviews about 5 months after I applied. They then scheduled a face to face in a hotel room with 3! people. One middle aged man, one very young hip sales person type, and one very foreign Eastern European man who was very sick or something since he was snorting the entire interview.

Interview started normally, then the young sales hipster asked me if I like sports. Yes. What sport is your favorite? Football. Do you play fantasy football? Yes. Well, pretend like us 3 have never heard about fantasy football at all.....Sell us on it. SIGH. Yup, that was the first question. Once my answer was done, the very European West Coast manager asked me in VERY broken English "Why do they call it Football when you don't use foot?" That was, no kidding, the ONLY thing he said to me the entire interview.

They then asked how I would sell the "Christian" aspects of this school to non-Christians. How I would talk to family members. Do I believe more in being a servant or customer service. How I would get past the objections from high school administrators trying to stop me from being a solicitor on their campus.

This IS a sales position. Hipster stammered horribly when I asked him what the quota "number" was for students I needed to enroll. "Well, um, well, we, uh, take, uh information from the region and see what the team should be able to obtain then we, um, take that information and uh, well, come up with your goal. I also asked how often you have a start? Middle aged man stammered a bit on that too. "Our most important time is August. But we have a start here, there, all the time. And you have to be prepared to ride a bus with students into Phoenix and set them up in their dorms and hold their hands." Uh...ok.

I asked how many people they were hiring. 1! ONE! Three men, put up in a hotel, to hire one person, for a sales position with a SUPER HIGH turnover rate? Ok then.

Interview Questions
    • The fantasy football sales pitch was wacky and the servant or customer service was one of those trick, no right answer type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2012.

Received a phone call within 24 hours. Standard questions and very direct with examples needed.

Every enrollment counselor starts at $40K

Student Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in January 2011.

Application is submitted through HR website, and they call you to set up an interview. I had a panel of four managers. They called me a few days later to offer the position and sent me an email with details. The interview was pretty generic, and they seem to like my answers about church involvement and community service.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you to explain a scenario where you had a moral dilemma.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate pay. I started at $37,000