Grand Canyon University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview Details – First interview over the phone with HR. Second interview the next day on campus with my soon-to-be direct manager. Third interview that same week on campus with one if the Assistant VPs.

Enrollment Counselor

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then meet face to face with a panel of managers

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you felt overwhelmed by the expectations of enrolling a potential student?   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in July 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Was offered the job same day as the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a complaint from a student. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews about 5 months after I applied. They then scheduled a face to face in a hotel room with 3! people. One middle aged man, one very young hip sales person type, and one very foreign Eastern European man who was very sick or something since he was snorting the entire interview.

Interview started normally, then the young sales hipster asked me if I like sports. Yes. What sport is your favorite? Football. Do you play fantasy football? Yes. Well, pretend like us 3 have never heard about fantasy football at all.....Sell us on it. SIGH. Yup, that was the first question. Once my answer was done, the very European West Coast manager asked me in VERY broken English "Why do they call it Football when you don't use foot?" That was, no kidding, the ONLY thing he said to me the entire interview.

They then asked how I would sell the "Christian" aspects of this school to non-Christians. How I would talk to family members. Do I believe more in being a servant or customer service. How I would get past the objections from high school administrators trying to stop me from being a solicitor on their campus.

This IS a sales position. Hipster stammered horribly when I asked him what the quota "number" was for students I needed to enroll. "Well, um, well, we, uh, take, uh information from the region and see what the team should be able to obtain then we, um, take that information and uh, well, come up with your goal. I also asked how often you have a start? Middle aged man stammered a bit on that too. "Our most important time is August. But we have a start here, there, all the time. And you have to be prepared to ride a bus with students into Phoenix and set them up in their dorms and hold their hands." Uh...ok.

I asked how many people they were hiring. 1! ONE! Three men, put up in a hotel, to hire one person, for a sales position with a SUPER HIGH turnover rate? Ok then.

Interview Question – The fantasy football sales pitch was wacky and the servant or customer service was one of those trick, no right answer type questions.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call within 24 hours. Standard questions and very direct with examples needed.

Interview Question – How did you overcome your biggest challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Every enrollment counselor starts at $40K

Student Service Advisor Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in January 2011.

Interview Details – Application is submitted through HR website, and they call you to set up an interview. I had a panel of four managers. They called me a few days later to offer the position and sent me an email with details. The interview was pretty generic, and they seem to like my answers about church involvement and community service.

Interview Question – They may ask you to explain a scenario where you had a moral dilemma.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate pay. I started at $37,000

Interviewed at Grand Canyon University

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were fairly straightforward. The phone screening/interview was thorough, and left you with a good idea of whether you were a fit with the company. The two managers interviewing onsite were the typical contrasting pair, with one being "service" oriented and one being "sales" oriented. They gave a good picture of what the company was like.

Interview Question – They ask about gaps in employment, and look for unique things in your work experience that may help or hurt your future there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the starting pay was pre-determined.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in May 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my application online directly through GCU's career website I was setup with a Phone interview with HR. After the phone interview I had a face to face panel interview with 2 managers. I was informed by the manager that walked me out of the building after the interview that I had the job and would hear back from us soon. 24 hrs later I had the official job offer.

Interview Question – They were your common questions. I would recommend having questions for them, at the end they will ask if you have any questions. By having questions about the position or company it shows them you have a true interest in the company and have done some research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the max amount of pay they could right off the bat. The only negotiation was for my schedule, which they let me pick my times.

CRM/XRM Analyst Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in August 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone interview then an in person interview with a skills test.

Interview Question – The most diffiult part of the interview was the skills test as it was the most unpredictable.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Admissions Counselor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.

Interview Question – I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Canyon University