Grand Circle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Business Intelligence Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grand Circle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Be prepared to "interview" with several individuals in a team based environment. Your leadership, team work/building, and risking taking will be put to the test. Be prepared to know details about the culture and some of the history of the organization.

Interview Question – They will present real life scenarios and ask your opinion for the proposed solution   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – High risk organization.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grand Circle in June 2013.

Interview Details – I called them to check on the status of my application and then they invited me to a group interview. So you get invited to do a group interview. Make sure you show personality and know the company values! After the group interview, if they like you, you stay for a one on one interview with a manager or supervisor.

Interview Question – All they did was go over the resume and ask you technical and behavioral questions about previous positions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations! its $17.18/hr. Theres usually alot of overtime

Travel Support Interview

Travel Support

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grand Circle.

Interview Details – Interview include different aspects of the business. they show you what the call center look like, check if you meet their "values"requirement. you take a test based on their website and brochures. plan on at least 4hours process

Interview Question – long process for many hours while you are being monitored   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Director Interview

Program Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Circle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview sounds scary but isn't - I had fun and I enjoyed it. Advice - arrive early to get to know your fellow interviewees. This is not a competition - but it is about working with others. You'll do better if you've had pleasant words with others beforehand. Earlier descriptions were pretty accurate. You'll hear about GCT, be given an egg with straws, told to create a container for it and then told to send the egg on vacation. Have fun with this, participate, and be pleasantly positive without being a twit. You need to participate eagerly or it will be held against you. But it isn't a public speaking competition. And if you don't pass, you'll be told you didn't . I will say one thing, if you think being a good listener means remaining mute, you'll fail. Just be yourself. And have scrambled eggs afterward. Dress nicely but not in a suit for either gender.

Interview Question – None. Lots of good group discussion about the company. Candid curiosity encouraged. Recruiter was genuine and upfront, not plastic or hysterically positive.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

Interviewed at Grand Circle

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with HR recruiter. Followed by group interview (8 in my session) where you are divided into 2 teams and must build a 'vessel' out of straws and tape to hold an egg and prevent from breaking when dropped. Also must create a story about the vessel and present to group. Although the egg vessel was a little bizarre the other parts of the group interview were interesting and informative. You are told immediately if you 'pass' the group process to move to next step. Next step is meeting with hiring manager and other peers or members of team. Fairly traditional interviews. My biggest issue is the lack of follow up communication (2.5 months), which seems to be the norm in todays job market, however Grand Circle markets themselves as being different.

Interview Question – One word to describe yourself.   Answer Question

TeleSales Phone Representative Interview

TeleSales Phone Representative
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Circle in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and had a phone interview the next day. A few days after that I had the group interview which started at 8:30 and took about an hour. We had some group discussions about the company and then did a group activity (egg drop) that I now know was used to test our values.

After passing that I had a 1x1 interview with a sales manager for about 30 minutes. She brought in another person about half way in for a few questions. Also, had some time to listen in on phone calls being handled by people doing the job.

All in all it took about 4 hours because I was the last person in my group to go. Longest interview I had been to.

Interview Question – They asked a few questions about the values. Which would be most difficult for me and why and times that I had displayed values in other work environments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Traveler Support Associate Interview

Traveler Support Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grand Circle in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very fast-paced. I had a brief 10 minutes conversation on the phone before being invited to the office for an interview. It starts as a group interview where they had us do an egg drop. Yes, an egg drop...where you build a "vessel" and then place an egg in it and hope it doesn't break. Then if you pass the egg drop round, you take a brief quiz to make sure that you understand their basic business practices before the formal interview.

Interview Question – The questions during the formal interview were all fairly standard, but I would say the question about company values was the most difficult. They ask you to rate which value will be the most difficult for you, and you have to make sure you pick the right one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Customer Service

I applied online and interviewed at Grand Circle.

Interview Details – For those who remember the PBS kids show, "ZOOM". I felt like I was auditioning for a part on that show. An egg is involved and you and your "team" are judged by how you take control of the situation in order to prevent the egg from breaking. Those that took control were looked at highly. Those that didn't were later shown the door. The interview as a whole had a cult-y "E.S.T." seminar feeling to it - (where attendee's were locked in hotel ballrooms for hours with no bathroom breaks). Our small group of 9 wasn't locked in a room, but it was still very creepy yet comical.

Interview Question – The question had something to do with how you would handle an irate or difficult customer. There is no right or wrong answer. GCT just wanted you to hear about how THEY retained staff after the horrible events of 9/11. (They hired crisis counselors. No big whoop). It was obvious that they were more concerned with the bottom line (booking trips), rather than the employee. (Which they were probably laid off, anyways).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary in the low 30's. There was no room for negotiation even with prior call center experience.

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grand Circle.

Interview Details – Group interview, they give you an absurd task to accomplish (usually dropping an egg without letting it break) but are more concentrated on how well you pay attention to instructions, your willingness to correct someone, and your ability to lead,

Interview Question – All very normal, but the whole group experience can be a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was't one, you were told prior what the offer would be.

Project Management Interview

Project Management

Interviewed at Grand Circle

Interview Details – I agree with one of the other reviewers here...everyone seemed incredibly friendly, until after the interview. It almost seemed like everyone had amnesia after, a very "who are you again" reaction. Also, agreed that having people interview together for the same job is just a mess. Boston is a small market, and you're bound to be interviewing with someone you know, and know that you are going for the same job. Told to apply again and resume would be kept on file if something else came up. When I did, though, I was approached as though I had no record on file, and found out that my previous recruiter had only marked me as passing the phone interview. I went through every single interview, same as the individual who did get hired. They said, "maybe she didn't update it because she was leaving". I understand that to a degree, but don't you realize that makes it look like I didn't pass a phone interview? My new recruiter seemed to have no idea about the position I was pretty much re-applying for, and had met all the requirements for before, and I honestly didn't feel like anyone was reading my application or emails. I kept getting asked if I was a freelancer, or why I didn't go through the phone interview. Then, after time had passed, I was told that the position was filled while my recruiter was out but that my resume would stay on file with the hiring manager. What good is that if I've been shown, pretty blatantly, that it doesn't matter if I was one of two candidates before? They didn't bother reaching out, and acted as though I were brand new to the process. I am so discouraged by how the hiring process is managed that I will not look into employment here again.

Interview Question – Who do you report to here?   View Answer

Worked for Grand Circle? Contribute to the Community!