Grand Forks Herald

Grand Forks Herald Interview Questions

5.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grand Forks Herald

Copy Editor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Grand Forks Herald.

I was recruited to interview after being referred by an employee. Although I accepted the position, enjoyed the work, and worked there for several years, the organization was not a positive experience. Until the company changes leadership, I do not recommend it.

Interview Questions
    • When I asked a question, the hiring authority conducting the interview shouted at me. Others at the table said and did nothing.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grand Forks Herald in April 2008.

I had been working there part-time and wanted to fill an open full-time position. I was invited to interview. The editor shouted at me during the meeting when I asked a question my supervisor suggested asking. I should have walked out and never looked back. Unfortunately, I took the job anyway.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. When the editor quit shouting, I stated my requirements and asked for the offer in writing. He typed it up and handed it to me. I walked out of the room.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the same schedule and 3 weeks of vacation as my husband so we were assured time off together, something we were aware other couples did not have.

Be sure to get any offer in writing. I did, and several weeks later, my supervisor asked for a copy of it because the editor wanted to change the parameters. I kept my negotiated package.