Grand Homes Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

New Home Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. in December 2013.

It was somewhat normal until I had a 3 hour interview. I learned allot about the industry and decided not to pursue the position.

Interview Questions
    • Basic personality test and interview questions, nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grand Homes Inc..

very long group interview

Community Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. in January 2012.

your initial interview, as they tell you, is with a group of 10-15 others. Once you get there, they have you fill out a survey and questionaires, personality test. Then a couple of corporate managers come in and give you a sales script to read and give you 20 mins to practice....Then the two mamagers return for individual dog and pony presentations......All this before anyone can ask you one thing about yourself....VERY Chessy and unprofessional.. Group recruiting interviews always mean one thing, high turnover in sales personnel

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. in March 2011.

Grand conducts "interviews" every Monday evening. Applicants are put into their training room, where you have to fill out some paperwork: Application, 2 Personality Tests, Questionnaire. The recruiter comes in to tell you about Grand, and who will be coming in to speak to group. Then they take your photo. A senior level management member comes in and tells the Grand story and history about the company. He then explains that you have 5 minutes to study the information about Grand, and when he returns, each person will stand up and give a presentation about the company, whether it is a role-playing customer situation, or as if you were presenting to a group of Realtors. A few other members of sales management come into the room to watch during this time. After everyone is done, you are told that you will be contacted stating you are moving on to the next phase of hiring, or that you were not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Having to present in front of the group could be intimidating if you are not used to "performing" in front of a group.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. in June 2009.

First, the cattle call. Consists of going in for a group interview and presentation. Then you break off and have 5 minutes to review all the grand homes awards and learn about the company. Afterwards, you must give a presentation on Grand Homes as if you were trying to sell a home to the hiring manager. After a couple of days you are called back in for a sales team meeting where they watch you closely to see how you interact with the different people on the sales staff. After the meeting you have a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager where they describe the job and either make you an offer or not.

Pay was low.

Builder Interview

called me in for an interview from out of town only to tell me afterwards they were only interested in local builders with their own subs. Wish I had known that before I drove over 1,000 miles round trip.

Interview Questions

Worked for Grand Homes Inc.? Contribute to the Community!